Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best way to request a certain building? I would really like to request one of the refurbished rooms for our upcoming stay! Thanks!

Reading back on alot of these posts a new refurbished room is the most requested request at CSR right now :) What I have read......the best way of getting a refurbished room is:
  • make it your ONLY request (remember, the more requests you make, the more limited they are in finding you a room)
  • If you have other requests that you want to make, list them in order, making "refurbished room" your main request.
  • Call and add the request to your reservation
  • Even though sending a fax can be hit or miss, you can fax 10 days (some say 5) prior to checking in.
  • And remember, it is only a request. Not everyone can get a refurbished room so if they are all full, they can't assign you one, but you can ask to be moved to one, if/when one becomes available.
Pixie dust that you get one!
I am requesting one too and hoping I can get one when we check in December 9-15!!! :)
This is our first trip without kids and we are celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary so a refurbished room would be amazing! As much as I would love to request ground floor & close to a bus stop, I am leaving my only request as a refurbished room hoping they can find one available for our dates!

Hi - I am here now and this is my first time staying at CSR. I'm really sorry to say that I'm not a fan. It's just not for me. I've stayed at over 10 resorts at WDW and in every level. I loved Pop! But I'm just not impressed at all. It feels very run down to me. I don't like the decor. My room is seriously awful. I'm in Casitas 5 and it's so old and worn. It looks like it's from the 80s. I know they're doing a renovation now - but if they're continuing to put people in these rooms they should be decent.

I'm not a fan of the restaurants or dining choices either. It's a short trip so it's fine for just a few days. But I now know it's not for me. I also strongly disagree that this should be a "deluxe" category as I've heard some say. Not trying to offend anyone. I know it's very subjective but I wanted to leave my honest review.

Last edited:
I am considering staying at CSR again. Our last time staying here was before the construction started. How bad is the construction? I would not consider staying at CBR due to many of the negative reviews. I haven't read too many negative posts about CSR. Can anyone share their thoughts. TIA.

@AntJulie - we stayed in July and were not bothered. It was mostly visual...we could not hear the construction in our room, at the Dig Site, or in El Centro. Obviously it's going to be more intensive as the tower goes up. We're likely staying at CSR again in June. We're in the parks the majority of the time, so I don't think it'll make a difference for us.

Wow that dude a few posts up makes this place sound like the bottom of the garbage pile of Disney resorts.

Anyone else staying in a non refurb room who can comment?

Wow that dude a few posts up makes this place sound like the bottom of the garbage pile of Disney resorts.

When we stayed in February all I remember was the mattress was awful. It was a King bed room.

I stayed in an old room last summer (6B). Except for the bathroom being a bit worn down, it was fine: clean with comfy beds. I actually really liked the decor in those rooms and I was surprised they replaced the headboards and barn doors for the new rooms.

Stayed here in Sept. First time at this hotel. Was in Ranchos 7A. Didn't request a refurbished room, made no requests. I thought the room was ok. The floors turned our feet black the first day, but the rest of the week they didn't. The new shower was a major hassle to try and bathe the littles in. We were on the 3rd floor, so not sure about noise. The elevators were hot! I think our room was the farthest room possible from an elevator, so we used the stairs most of the time. We tried to use the bus once, waited 20 mins, noticed the sign that it would be another 20 min wait; decided to drive. Food court was delicious! Loved the tacos. Never crowded, but we were there at non peak hours. One of my kids was terrified of the " big bird with boobs". LOL. Didn't use the pool. Nice gift shop with a great pin trading board. Overall, I would say that it was ok, but not my favorite. Maybe if we had checked out the resort more (and the pool), we would have liked it better.

Were are arriving on the 29th of this month. We have a standard room(that was all that was available) If we request a room close to the lobby and we get that request...what building(s) might we be looking at?

I’m debating on upgrading my Pop reservation to CSR in February. We are interested in staying in a location that is newly renovated, close to the Dig Site pool, and close to the food court. I’d ideally not like to stare at massive construction (I don’t mind a few “pardon our appearance signs or minor stuff, but walls of plywood and dust everywhere would get to me.) Any suggestions on the best for us?

@MarBee - You'll have to choose what's most important to you because you (likely) can't have close to Dig Site, close to food court, renovated, AND avoid construction. The only area that closely fits those criteria is the back side of 8A (facing Ranchos). This is one of the most coveted buildings (has been even before renovations), and not everyone is going to get their request met.

Casitas 4 and 5 are also popular locations, but not renovated. Ranchos 7A is renovated and avoids most of the construction, but is farthest from the main food court.

@MarBee - You'll have to choose what's most important to you because you (likely) can't have close to Dig Site, close to food court, renovated, AND avoid construction. The only area that closely fits those criteria is the back side of 8A (facing Ranchos). This is one of the most coveted buildings (has been even before renovations), and not everyone is going to get their request met.

Casitas 4 and 5 are also popular locations, but not renovated. Ranchos 7A is renovated and avoids most of the construction, but is farthest from the main food court.
Thank you! Have you been for the construction? I’m wondering if it will bother me. I recently stayed at WL for the construction but wasn’t bothered by it at all. Everything that was being worked on, Disney did a nice job of “prettying” it up. However, I was set to stay at the Dolphin around that time and had to switch to the Swan because it was just plywood, plastic tarps, and heavy dust all over. It just didn’t give me the vacation feel. I have seen pictures of the CBR construction and read reviews that it’s a hot mess and not for me. I’m not so sure about CSR. Any opinions on the extent of the construction there is welcome!

@MarBee - I stayed in July. CSR is my favorite resort, and the sight was a bit of a shock when we arrived (giant dirt mounds and construction vehicles where 9B used to be). We stayed in an 8A water view so we couldn't avoid the sight; but other than that, we had no issues. (The kids thought the construction view was a bonus, lol). We could not hear any noise inside our room, at the Dig Site, or in El Centro. The amenities at CSR are not affected. We left the resort before 8am most mornings and returned sometime between 5-9pm so, if there was disruption during the day, we weren't around for it.

We are likely staying at CSR again in June. I keep follow the construction reports from some FB groups, but most travelers aren't bothered. I think it's really a personal preference.

Last edited:

We spent 10 nights in Casitas 4 last December and the room was excellent.

Can anyone that has stayed in Ranchos 7A tell me where the Elevators are located. Are there any located on the end of the building closest to the bus stop?
Thank you in advance!

I've heard about the temporary pedestrian bridge in place during construction. Where exactly is it....the area near the Dig site? Near Casitas 5? Those seem like the likely locations looking at the map.

@Ckmommy72 - If you look at an old map, there is a bridge between 9B and the Dig Site. The new bridge goes from the Dig Site to La Marina. It doesn't look like much of a change on the map, but it saves a few minutes of walking time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter