Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now we're booked at POP for our early November trip. Mostly because of the Skyliner and cheaper cost. We prefer interior hallway resorts and the reports on the terrible bus service and Skyliner breakdowns are making us think we'll end up using Lyft most of the time.
So we're thinking about switching to GDT. (Or CBR and using Lyft exclusively, I like the rooms but it's such a large resort)
Does anyone where Lyft picks you up at CSR? Has anyone used Lyft to get to and from the parks?

Has anyone used Lyft to get to and from the parks?

We use Lyft often on property and normally love it. Super easy for DHS and AK. MK, not so much at this time. Usually we would have the car drop us off at the Poly, Contemporary or GF, but you can't do that right now with needing a dining reservation. Same for EPCOT, we would normally just get dropped off at Beach Club.

That being said, there definitely are not as many Lyft/Ubers on property right now. We were at BWV July 30-Aug 2 and sometimes we had to wait 15-20 minutes for a car. It also seemed like prices were higher than usual.

We stayed at CSR in August 2018 and somehow our drivers were able to pick us up at the Casitas building. But when we stayed at GDT in 2019, yes they pick up right in front of the tower entrance.

Need advise. We stayed at CSR many years ago. We are booked for the standard room so I'm sure we will not be in the Tower; however, is it easy to dine for breakfast as a quick service in the new hotel? I think I found my answer....no because I can't see anywhere for breakfast. I would like to hear fee back on the dining choices.

Last edited:

Need advise. We stayed at CSR many years ago. We are booked for the standard room so I'm sure we will not be in the Tower; however, is it easy to dine for breakfast as a quick service in the new hotel? I think I found my answer....no because I can't see anywhere for breakfast. I would like to hear fee back on the dining choices.
It still has the same food court in the old main building that it had when you stayed there before and it still offers breakfast. That hasn't changed.

So we are staying at BWV for the majority of our trip but we decided to add a day to the front of our trip. So we will have one night at CSR. We will be in a standard room. I have watched some vlogs and looked at pictures and it looks like a really nice resort and we are looking forward to our stay. We will get in around 3 and will spend the rest of the day just hanging out at the resort just exploring and having dinner. Probably at Three Bridges. If anyone has any advice on something that is a must do in that short time (non drinking) or a room or area we should request please let me know. TIA!

So we are staying at BWV for the majority of our trip but we decided to add a day to the front of our trip. So we will have one night at CSR. We will be in a standard room. I have watched some vlogs and looked at pictures and it looks like a really nice resort and we are looking forward to our stay. We will get in around 3 and will spend the rest of the day just hanging out at the resort just exploring and having dinner. Probably at Three Bridges. If anyone has any advice on something that is a must do in that short time (non drinking) or a room or area we should request please let me know. TIA!
The pool at CSR doesn't get a lot of love, but it's honestly one of the best on property IMO. if you have time and the desire, it's a great pool to relax at and enjoy. I usually like to request a ground floor corner room in either Ranchos 7B or Cabanas 8A. Those buildings are close to the main pool and the tower.

If anyone has any advice on something that is a must do in that short time (non drinking) or a room or area we should request please let me know. TIA!

This is going to sound tone-deaf since you specifically said “non-drinking,” but hear me out. Dahlia Lounge is extraordinary - especially outdoor seating during the fireworks, but indoors is lovely as well. Order the cheese or charcuteria boards (or both) along with whatever non-alcoholic beverage pleases you, and you have a great meal in front of you. Enjoy the wonderful relaxed ambiance and the great service.

This is going to sound tone-deaf since you specifically said “non-drinking,” but hear me out. Dahlia Lounge is extraordinary - especially outdoor seating during the fireworks, but indoors is lovely as well. Order the cheese or charcuteria boards (or both) along with whatever non-alcoholic beverage pleases you, and you have a great meal in front of you. Enjoy the wonderful relaxed ambiance and the great service.
If they have non alcoholic drinks I would consider it for sure. Thank you for the suggestion.

Booked last night for what will be our third stay at Coronado Springs. June 6th-12th 2021. We had to cancel our trip this year so fingers crossed that 2021 is a better year.

Thanks for asking. We are staying in October and our ADR is this coming Tuesday. We are hoping to eat diner at the Resort on first night since we will not be doing any parks.

The busses are not screwed up at POP. They only run busses to The Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs. If you need to get to Hollywood Studios or EPCOT, you need to take the Skyliner. Something else to know too, 1st thing in the morning there are long lines but they do move pretty quickly because of social distancing.

For the last half of 2019, how were the bus stops? Was the Tower last? We stayed in the Ranchos once, and it wasn't bad for the bus, but the people at the main area always had it rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter