• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! My plan was to utilize ADRs at nearby restaurants (had it planned for MK and DHS) but today the park hours changed. I don’t want to sit at The Wave when I could be walking down Main St nor watch full buses go drive by our stop. So much for planning 60 days out!

Thank you for sharing your experience. I think I need to increase my Uber/Lyft budget for afternoon travels but we will be a little more prepared upon arrival!

Just got a call to upgrade from ASMovies to CSR for April 18-24. I was hesitant bc I don’t know anything about the resort, but I took it anyways bc we visit at least once a year so I figured why not. Can anyone give me some pros and cons of the resort? Any tips/tricks that would be helpful for our stay? They did say we’d be in a preferred room, but from what I’ve read the resort is so large that the info is overwhelming me. It will be me, my mom, and my two kids (1&2). Thanks in advance for the info!

Man. I hope they start figuring out how to deal with this.

This was my primary reason why I booked at Wilderness Lodge for June. Cost was $1000 more for the 5 days but I was not going to fight to get a pool spot when this trip was going to be mainly an "enjoy the resort" trip...

We are staying at Coronado June 12-19, just logged on to upgrade to waterview room and there is no availability - only rooms left to book are one bedroom suite. May seem like a dumb question but does this mean it is sold out - and will be extremely crowded? We have never stayed here before - will the size of the resort help it seem less busy? Any advice is appreciated! :)

We are staying at Coronado June 12-19, just logged on to upgrade to waterview room and there is no availability - only rooms left to book are one bedroom suite. May seem like a dumb question but does this mean it is sold out - and will be extremely crowded? We have never stayed here before - will the size of the resort help it seem less busy? Any advice is appreciated! :)

Could just be they were doing something with the inventory. We find with Disney...one day it can so no rooms...the next it can show a ton of rooms.

Were you trying to book with a discount? If you were it means that they were out of discounted rooms and prob have rack rate rooms available. It does seem like that is a busy week if you look at the park availability calendar.

I've been watching rooms for this time frame for the last couple of months. While rack rate availability exists, there are very few rooms left at the 30% summer or 35% AP rates. Even the rack rate rooms seem to be in limited supply. I think it is going to be packed this summer!!!!

What is the current bus stop order? Specifically, what’s the first theme park stop? But I’m interested in the full stop list.

Disney still hasn't announced a reopening date for POR/POFQ, so I think that is impacting both CSR and CBR in the moderate category. They moved our group from POR to CSR later in June, so not sure when they are planning to reopen those resorts?

Just home from CSR this past Saturday. Beautiful resort, but yes, it is large!

I think we got a bit of an upgrade, we booked a standard room, but when we checked in our room was listed as a Preferred King and was in Casitas 1. The room itself was very nice, loved the use of space. I can see how it would be really preferred if the lobby was still in El Centro, but I think now that the lobby is in the Tower, it's maybe only slightly preferred? :laughing: It was about equidistant from bus stops 1 & 2. We actually had really great luck with buses, I can't complain a bit. We usually picked up the bus from stop #2 and got off at stop #1 and it worked well for us. I could definitely see how trying to board at later stops could be a huge hassle though. Maybe they should stagger the pick up stops when it's busy. And honestly, if you have a larger group, like 6+ and you have a car...just drive.

It was just DH & I and although we would have loved to check out the Dig Site pool, I wasn't about to deal with the wait to get in. We used the Casitas pool and it was just fine. Although, I would have loved to have some kind of bar/drink service!

Food left a little to be desired. El Mercado is grab and go, so don't expect anything wonderful. It serves it's purpose when your starving. Only open til 10 so plan accordingly. I didn't realize Rix had mobile ordering/take out until like the last night when I saw a banner outside of the restaurant with a QR code. I don't know if I just missed that or it wasn't added until later in our stay. We ate at 3 Bridges one night and while it's great food and atmosphere, it's kind of a pain to get into. I don't know if allowing reservations would be better? The only reason we didn't have to wait for 2 hours was they let us sit at the bar.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay for sure. I can't say with certainty we would stay there again, but it's a very nice resort. Honestly, we found a new love for the Skyliner and spent a lot of time at DHS this trip, so I think we'd go back to POP or give Caribbean Beach a try!

we just booked a last minute stay here for Memorial weekend. Now I am a little concerned with the lack of food options. I guess we will keep our car for sure now.

What kind of coffee pots were in the rooms. My hubby was curious if they used Keurig's or not. I thought I saw something abut pods, but not sure.

Thanks,

There is currently a 2 hr wait to get into any pool at Coronado Springs. No parking in parking lots.

and only one entrance per pool is open all others say pool closed so when handicapped, beware this can be a long walk many times for no results. Lots of upset little kids

I made a room request over the phone on the reservation line. Where could I look at this on MDE? In online check in? When should I be concerned if it doesn’t show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter