• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I don’t think any resort is going to be totally immune to pool capacity closures IF current distancing standards stay in place. CSR has around 2,460 rooms and 4 pools. Upon full reopening WL will have around 834 rooms and 2 pools (neither of which is particularly big).

The 1,000+ resorts are definitely proving to be a pinch point so far, but generally speaking I think it’s best to keep an open mind as to what one might experience. Real thin line between normal pool ops and reduced capacity pool ops given the way demand seems to be returning.

What will happen when the conventions return to CSR if these capacity rules are still in place? After being in meetings all day, conventioneers will not want to be told the pools have a waiting list.

Do you guys wait outside for 2 hours on line or do they take your name and call you when you can come in?

We grabbed a table at the pool bar, ordered food, and waited there the entire time. They will text you but you have only 15 min to return. I was unable to do that due to a disability but many did leave and return. The pool emptied out around dinner time. I thought it was 20min but sign said 15min.

Tip: you have to get 2 chairs minimum but you don't need a chair for every person going to the pool. Requesting a smaller amount may speed up your wait.

Pool bar food was very good by the way.

Parking at night at hotel room is the nightmare. We were in Ranchos 6B and had long walks from the lot as we had to park pretty far away. We did find something eventually but save energy for a walk to your room.

Personally, I don’t think any resort is going to be totally immune to pool capacity closures IF current distancing standards stay in place. CSR has around 2,460 rooms and 4 pools. Upon full reopening WL will have around 834 rooms and 2 pools (neither of which is particularly big).

The 1,000+ resorts are definitely proving to be a pinch point so far, but generally speaking I think it’s best to keep an open mind as to what one might experience. Real thin line between normal pool ops and reduced capacity pool ops given the way demand seems to be returning.

I agree with this poster. I was thinking about it while waiting and I think best bet is a small resort. The limiting factor is pool seats.

I believe they are also having trouble keeping up with demand. Staff were complaining about working 60-70 hr weeks and understaffed at the pool. Lifeguards in training were cleaning chairs and trying to keep up with notifications and taking wait list names. They were having a meeting with a coordinator to discuss needing one person to clean, one to text and help returning families post text, and another to take wait list reservations. Instead of three they had two staff. And thus had constant lines everywhere.

The resort is still so beautiful, moderate plus for sure, rivals some deluxe; my daughter loved it, rooms very comfy and clean. Friendly staff. However my daughter is 9. Little toddlers and pre-K crowd had trouble understanding what pool wait lists are. The biggest issue is communication. If you could sign up for the pool from your room, this would help a lot of families. If you tell a 3 yr old we are going swimming and get dressed and trek to the pool, then can't swim for 2 hours, they are sad. There is a large sand box bathing area next to pool that you can use to wait. Bring a sand pail and shovel. In fact, they did not even verify that you were a resort guest. They should take room numbers not names.

Just curious, has the pool issue been this way for awhile or just during this Spring Break time? We will be there the last few days of April and wondering if it will be better at that time?
Also, is there anyway to find out the wait time without going to the pool? If we are in the park and decide to leave and take a dip in the pool we would certainly be annoyed to find out we couldn’t get in for an hour or more. In that case we would just stay in the park.

What would your thoughts be on a resort only trip to Coronado at this point? It would be during May prior to the summer vacation crowds. Do you think the pool wait issues would still be a concern at that point? If there is another moderate/value hotel you think would be a better option right now for a family with an 11 and 14 year old wanting a resort only Disney fix, I'd love those suggestions as well! Thanks!

I have a room request ready for Cabanas 8A or 8B, near a bus stop, thought I liked the look best and seemed close to main pool and lobby. Would it be a lot better to be in Casitas due to the bus issues?
How do you make such a room request? I did my check-in on the app but there were not any options for specific buildings (just close to bus or first floor) Thanks!

Also, is there anyway to find out the wait time without going to the pool? If we are in the park and decide to leave and take a dip in the pool we would certainly be annoyed to find out we couldn’t get in for an hour or more. In that case we would just stay in the park.

No, no mobile way to determine pool availability.

Anyone have experience with El Mercado de Coronado and food allergies these days? I know it's currently set up for grab and go, but I am wondering if there is still a chef on site to modify the offerings for folks with food allergies?

How do you make such a room request? I did my check-in on the app but there were not any options for specific buildings (just close to bus or first floor) Thanks!

I'm going to fax it in to CSR. Touring Plans says their fax number is 407-939-1001.

Actually I just now called in because I had to change our ME flight numbers. So while I was on the line I made a building request. So now I don't have to fax. I ended up asking for Casitas, preferably Building 4, because DH is really interested in being close to the bus stop after a long day, and since Casitas is first stop I thought it might help with the current bus struggles. My online check-in room requests were ground floor and close to bus stop.

(Side note: last trip I chose POFQ because it was so small and DH would be happy with the walk. Turns out our room was as far away from the front as you could possibly get so it still didn't seem that great. DH had a knee infection a couple weeks prior that was still bothering him. We really should have asked for a different room.)

She also asked about celebrations, and this is sort of for our 25th anniversary, so now they know that too!

Just to make sure I've got this right, the first bus stop for Disney Springs buses is the tower and the first stop for theme park buses is Casitas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter