Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

I would do online check in but then stop by the front desk when you arrive to double check.

They’ve always honored it for us at CSR (at least 3 to 4 times) but there has been a time or two I’ve had to physically go to the desk to check out and check in same time as a formality per request by the CM.

Other times I haven’t but they warn me our key might not work between 11 am and 4 pm.

Last time I adjusted my direct room to make sure it was same room category since my Priceline reservation was different.

We’ve never had to change rooms though when we’ve asked to keep same room
That's reassuring. Thanks!

I have an upcoming two night stay at CSR that I booked as two separate reservations (one direct, one not). I put in a request to stay in the same room both nights. Is there any reason not to do mobile check-in? Would I be better off waiting to check in until we arrive to see if they'll honor my request?
Only time I had to change rooms with this at CSR was when I changed categories. I always do online check-in and I call a couple weeks before and make my request to be the same room.

I played around with TP’s room maps but want to confirm with the experts- I have a “water view” room booked, can I request Cabanas? That’s not a preferred section?

Can Rideshares pick you up at your section or do you have to walk to the Tower?

(It will be my first time since GDT went up dipping my toes in the normal rooms- I had a bad experience pre-GDT and haven’t touched them since. I’m gonna try it for a night and see how it goes though because the GDT price for my first night just seems too high even for this GDT lover.)

I played around with TP’s room maps but want to confirm with the experts- I have a “water view” room booked, can I request Cabanas? That’s not a preferred section?

Can Rideshares pick you up at your section or do you have to walk to the Tower?

(It will be my first time since GDT went up dipping my toes in the normal rooms- I had a bad experience pre-GDT and haven’t touched them since. I’m gonna try it for a night and see how it goes though because the GDT price for my first night just seems too high even for this GDT lover.)
Rideshares only pick up and drop off at Tower. Yes you can request Cabanas. They are not preferred Rooms. Preferred rooms would be Cassitas buildings 1-3.

I was hoping to do dinner at Toledo on New Years Day, but when I went to make reservations I realized they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays :(

I did see that Christmas day falls on a Monday and it looks like they are opening for it, anyone think they might do the same for New Years Day?

Does anyone know if there is a shower in the Gran Destino Tower Fitness Center?

I know La Vida has them, but my first stay in the tower.
Also, can someone tell me about Laundry service (not the machines).

TY in advance!!!

Does anyone know if there is a shower in the Gran Destino Tower Fitness Center?

I know La Vida has them, but my first stay in the tower.
Also, can someone tell me about Laundry service (not the machines).

TY in advance!!!
Yes, there's a shower.
As for laundry service, we've never used it but friends have. I couldn't find any specific info but this is listed on the dis website.

Attachments

• IMG_7021.jpeg
    IMG_7021.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 6
I am very excited for our first stay at Coronado! I have a quick question about the busses for rope drop, we are at the tower, are we going to have issues getting on the bus (there are 8 of us).

We only have 3 park days and ideally don’t want to be waiting for tons of buses before we get on, also happy to Uber but will need 2 Ubers so obviously not my ideal situation!

I am very excited for our first stay at Coronado! I have a quick question about the busses for rope drop, we are at the tower, are we going to have issues getting on the bus (there are 8 of us).

We only have 3 park days and ideally don’t want to be waiting for tons of buses before we get on, also happy to Uber but will need 2 Ubers so obviously not my ideal situation!
I hope you love CSR! The resort is beautiful and the Tower is a great stay. When are you going?

In the past, we've experienced big-time waits at the Tower stop, but that didn't seem to be as much of an issue when I went this September (6-10). I'm also one who gets down there super early. I just went through my photos to trigger my memory.

On my DHS day, I rope dropped and easily was early in line for Slinky (that day I did like 4 attractions before regular opening time - DHS did start running 15-20 minutes before Early Entry). So I must have gotten on one of the first buses. I do not recall them being overly crowded, so 8 people would have fit for seats and/or standing.

On my MK day, I rope dropped 7DMT which I rarely do since it's so chaotic, I was maybe 5 rows back in line, I do recall that so must have gotten on one of the first buses. Epcot, I do not remember as much but I think we did Soarin (possibly x2), I have pics getting into the garden areas from Living with the Land at 9:08 a.m.

I'm pretty sure the buses were not full for the Tower in September. But if you're going around the holidays, that might create delays due to demand.

The other thing you can do is walk over to the Casitas stop, it's I think about 5-10 minutes to get over there?

I hope you love CSR! The resort is beautiful and the Tower is a great stay. When are you going?

In the past, we've experienced big-time waits at the Tower stop, but that didn't seem to be as much of an issue when I went this September (6-10). I'm also one who gets down there super early. I just went through my photos to trigger my memory.

On my DHS day, I rope dropped and easily was early in line for Slinky (that day I did like 4 attractions before regular opening time - DHS did start running 15-20 minutes before Early Entry). So I must have gotten on one of the first buses. I do not recall them being overly crowded, so 8 people would have fit for seats and/or standing.

On my MK day, I rope dropped 7DMT which I rarely do since it's so chaotic, I was maybe 5 rows back in line, I do recall that so must have gotten on one of the first buses. Epcot, I do not remember as much but I think we did Soarin (possibly x2), I have pics getting into the garden areas from Living with the Land at 9:08 a.m.

I'm pretty sure the buses were not full for the Tower in September. But if you're going around the holidays, that might create delays due to demand.

The other thing you can do is walk over to the Casitas stop, it's I think about 5-10 minutes to get over there?
We are going this weekend! I’m sure it will be busy, but how busy is the question!

Thank you this is helpful, but not sure what the exact wait time will be getting down…. This will stress me out!

We are going this weekend! I’m sure it will be busy, but how busy is the question!

Thank you this is helpful, but not sure what the exact wait time will be getting down…. This will stress me out!
How fun!
To the bus stop from the Tower is a short walk (and elevators are super quick!). I get the stress, esp with a shorter trip.

To avoid some stress, maybe on the first day (if it's not too inconvenient and easy for your group to do) walk over to Casitas stop. That is the first stop and you can see if the buses fill up before the Tower. Then you can plan for rideshare your other 2 days if it looks very crowded for the early buses.

Maybe someone with more experience since Sept will chime in.

Have a great time!! :)

Just switched our reservations for week of Marathon Weekend from Caribbean Beach to CSR. My son, who is a college athlete, said he needed a gym to keep up with his offseason work outs. So we made the move for that. Got the AP rate for a preferred room. So made the switch a no brainer. Looking forward to the stay.

Just switched our reservations for week of Marathon Weekend from Caribbean Beach to CSR. My son, who is a college athlete, said he needed a gym to keep up with his offseason work outs. So we made the move for that. Got the AP rate for a preferred room. So made the switch a no brainer. Looking forward to the stay.
The buses on Marathon day are nightmare. The screen announcing arrivals was waaaay off on estimates. We stayed CSR last year during the marathon, and I‘d suggest you either lie low until the marathon runners are past (assuming they use the same route) or splurge for a MV since they’ll know the routes that are closed. We finally ditched the bus stop and took an Uber, and the guy drove us directly into a barricaded road. We were directed to do a uey, and he had to remap for another route, which Ubers aren’t really supposed to do. It took us 45 minutes, once in the Uber, to get to AK. The rest of the days were smooth sailing; we’re staying there again this year during the same time, and we‘ll be prepared for the traffic!

So funny! The only Mod I will stay at is because they have the gym!!! See you there!

We will be at GDT for the marathon as well. Planning on taking MV's everywhere.
Marathon day plan on waiting a looong time for a MV. That’s what we initially tried to get, and the wait was 40 minutes, so we lucked into an Uber Black that was dropping someone off. The other days was normal wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter