Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Has anyone found updated outdoor pictures since the main building club rooms reopened? I'm curious if they got rid of the temporary tunnel for Gasparilla's since I assume people are probably now being placed in those rooms right above - and also if the scaffolding moved down any further. (Hoping to see them bring back the tables outside!)

Nor sure about Gasparilla’s, but you can see the scaffolding still up in the photo that shows the table with bench seating.

Nor sure about Gasparilla’s, but you can see the scaffolding still up in the photo that shows the table with bench seating.
Yes, I did see that in the photos - looks like in some of them they tried to block the scaffolding views with some drapes. I think they are still actively working on that section for sure, but still hopeful that they'll clear out the section all the way to the end near Gasparilla's where they are completed. Fingers crossed!

Yes, I did see that in the photos - looks like in some of them they tried to block the scaffolding views with some drapes. I think they are still actively working on that section for sure, but still hopeful that they'll clear out the section all the way to the end near Gasparilla's where they are completed. Fingers crossed!

Oh sorry, I thought you were referring to the outdoor seating in the RPC, not at Gasparilla’s.

FYI, the water slide at the beach pool is closed for refurbishment with workers doing maintenance on it. Not sure for how long but looks like it just started this morning (9/21).

Edit: just asked the lifeguard, she didn't know how long it will be closed for but she said at least all day.

1000007388.jpg

FYI, the water slide at the beach pool is closed for refurbishment with workers doing maintenance on it. Not sure for how long but looks like it just started this morning (9/21).

Edit: just asked the lifeguard, she didn't know how long it will be closed for but she said at least all day.

View attachment 795938
Thank you for the heads up!!

View attachment 795938
Thank you! Hopefully that’s resolved by the 28th - our planned resort day. 😁

Pretty, but sofas (pink with kids?) are impractical for a place where people are eating and drinking. Not much table space for setting down a plate or drink. Maybe they want to limit the eating and drinking.

Pretty, but sofas (pink with kids?) are impractical for a place where people are eating and drinking. Not much table space for setting down a plate or drink. Maybe they want to limit the eating and drinking.
I personally love pink. I don't have to clean it so its ok with me lol.

I think we haven't seen the eating areas. The pix I posted were from a CM on FB. They were highlighting the food /drink area.

We need to keep waiting... hard as it is.

All of this is so pretty, but.....

PLEASE BRING BACK 1900 PARK FARE!!!!
I have never been there. What do you like about it? Is it the food, characters, room is unique. I keep wanting to ask someone but never do.

My kids didnt like to sit long to eat so I missed out on a lot of these.

I personally love pink. I don't have to clean it so its ok with me lol.

I think we haven't seen the eating areas. The pix I posted were from a CM on FB. They were highlighting the food /drink area.
Nothing against pink, I thought that was the eating area.

Nothing against pink, I thought that was the eating area.
Most of the pink looked like 3rd floor which is usually the relaxing/ arrival departure days. Most don't really eat there.

The white tables and chairs look to be on the 4th floor as well as the seating with blue loveseat with chairs opposite. That would be for eating and most of those chairs look fake leather white.

However they usually have seating all around 4th floor and I have yet to see those or 5th floor pix yet.

1695401845538.png
1695401897338.png
This last picture shows the 4th floor . This new long bar area is a bit odd but may be nice for groups?

I had to blow it up to see details but seating looks nice.

gf.png

Last edited:

Beach Pool Water Slide To Be Closed Through Late September at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort

The Beach Pool water slide is currently closed for a short refurbishment (the project officially started on September 19) at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.  

While the slide will be inaccessible for the next week or so, the Beach Pool will remain available to Guests throughout the refurbishment. Guests may hear construction-related noise or see work being performed in the area until the project is complete in late September.

View attachment 795938
We are here now. We were told by a manager that the pool slide will be closed until 9/29. It’s a bit of a bummer with two kids and no slide. I’m sure if you ask for some sort of options they would accommodate. 🤫

We are here now. We were told by a manager that the pool slide will be closed until 9/29. It’s a bit of a bummer with two kids and no slide. I’m sure if you ask for some sort of options they would accommodate. 🤫
Thanks for sharing! If you have any free time, can you share some outside construction pics of the main building with us? Thank you! Hope you have a fun trip!

Thanks for sharing! If you have any free time, can you share some outside construction pics of the main building with us? Thank you! Hope you have a fun trip!
I was there last week, below is a pic of the main building. Scaffolding and rerouted pathways were still present.

Apologies the picture isn't up close, but I took it this way on purpose to show that it's really a small part of the overall resort. We were in Boca Chica and it didn't hurt our enjoyment of the stay at all.

PXL_20230918_123508596.MP.jpg

PXL_20230918_123438711.MP.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter