Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Hi and Congratulations. Actually doing the same thing for our 32 anniversary early June. We have been lucky to be able to this every year for our anniversary for a while now.

Let me just take a minute to inform you I am not one of the resident experts here but while you wait I can tell you what I usually do.

I usually and have already started my check in on the WDW website. I only choose one request and its for a king bed, I also call a week before and make sure the request is there, because I read somewhere that a week out they start to figure out room assignments. Lastly, cross my fingers...lol, last year with all the renovations and losing BPK to DVC they were unable to get me a king room. I will say that I usually go over the check in before going to my room to ask if its a king room. If its not I try to ask to be moved, that worked once or twice, but obviously not last year.

Best of luck to the both of us, I can't wait to see what any one else has to say!
Thank you and Happy Anniversary to you! Good luck with you request.

Is it really that bad to the point they couldn’t make an alternate walk away to pass sago?
It’s about safety. The parking lot where they access Sago with equipment and stuff is at the entrance of the walkway, Each building has only taken a few months each so at least it shouldn’t be too much longer.

Getting to MK on the mono is so much more convenient! Also the boats are quick to get back. That is what we generally do anyways. Just leaving after fireworks is where the walkway is missed. However the walkway bridge would close for EWP to get in and out so the walkway would randomly be closed anyways.

If the mono or boat line is ever too busy WALK to CR and catch the mono to GF from there. Lots of people will get off and the line there is short to get on.

GFV question: Do GFV Resort studios (DVC units) have a microwave? These new additions to DVC do not have a kitchenette (like the GFV deluxe studios) , and I have read mixed info on whether microwaves eventually were added to each resort studio room.

first stay at GF next week!

GFV question: Do GFV Resort studios (DVC units) have a microwave? These new additions to DVC do not have a kitchenette (like the GFV deluxe studios) , and I have read mixed info on whether microwaves eventually were added to each resort studio room.

first stay at GF next week!
Yes, Resort Studios do have microwaves now. You can also request a toaster, if you’d like. Enjoy it!

Hi.. rolling the dice with a very end July - first week of August anniversary trip to GF. Had my heart set on GF lagoon view so booked that and going to request Boca Chica through TP. If anyone is going June and July - keep us all posted on lobby construction. Really hoping it won’t be that impactful! I am BW DVC and usually stay in Epcot area but wanted to splurge for this trip. I had thoughts of a switch to CR but I just cannot get past the Incredibles rooms… just not my style at all and I am afraid I would be disappointed. Thoughts?

Hi.. rolling the dice with a very end July - first week of August anniversary trip to GF. Had my heart set on GF lagoon view so booked that and going to request Boca Chica through TP. If anyone is going June and July - keep us all posted on lobby construction. Really hoping it won’t be that impactful! I am BW DVC and usually stay in Epcot area but wanted to splurge for this trip. I had thoughts of a switch to CR but I just cannot get past the Incredibles rooms… just not my style at all and I am afraid I would be disappointed. Thoughts?
I think you will love it! The new rooms look beautiful and staying on the monorail is really fun. We've done a YC/GF split and enjoyed it immensily. The grounds are pretty, the shops and restaurants are delightful, and I met friendly people at the pool. This summer we are staying the whole week at YC but are looking forward to our next split stay. I hope you have a great vacation!!

Just back from a 6 night stay at GFV. I rented points from David's. Saved me about 60% off regular room rate. I had a resort studio in Big Pine Key and got room #9518. This room has a different set up with the extra sitting area....and no balcony! I tend not to spend a ton of time on the balcony so it wasn't a huge miss for me. The room was HUGE with that extra sitting space and very QUIET as there is no connecting door!

Attachments

• IMG_1186.jpeg
    IMG_1186.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1185.jpeg
    IMG_1185.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1188.jpeg
    IMG_1188.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1184.jpeg
    IMG_1184.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1182.jpeg
    IMG_1182.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1192.jpeg
    IMG_1192.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1191.jpeg
    IMG_1191.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1187.jpeg
    IMG_1187.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I also took in the GF Spa while I was there! I did the Grand Massage (50 min.) on my arrival day and then also did the Grand Pedicure (50 min.) later in my stay! They were both awesome and I highly recommend! To note...I am not a spa person! I think it's been 8 years since I last had a pedicure and 5 years since I last had a massage. This was me trying to go slower on my vacation! LOL! Here are a few pics of the spa amenities.....there wasn't anyone there when I checked in for my massage so snapped these!

Attachments

• IMG_1178.jpeg
    IMG_1178.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1177.jpeg
    IMG_1177.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1176.jpeg
    IMG_1176.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1173.jpeg
    IMG_1173.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1172.jpeg
    IMG_1172.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1174.jpeg
    IMG_1174.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1175.jpeg
    IMG_1175.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1179.jpeg
    IMG_1179.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 73
Just back from a 6 night stay at GFV. I rented points from David's. Saved me about 60% off regular room rate. I had a resort studio in Big Pine Key and got room #9518. This room has a different set up with the extra sitting area....and no balcony! I tend not to spend a ton of time on the balcony so it wasn't a huge miss for me. The room was HUGE with that extra sitting space and very QUIET as there is no connecting door!
Doesn't the door between the beds and couch in photo 1182 open to a balcony? I was under the impression that it did and want to be corrected if I'm wrong.

I would assume this is a 5th floor turret room with no balcony
Okay, thanks. I'm still trying to figure this building out! Do the turret rooms on the lower floors have balconies, not in front but to the side of the room? Or, where does that door lead to?

Okay, thanks. I'm still trying to figure this building out! Do the turret rooms on the lower floors have balconies, not in front but to the side of the room? Or, where does that door lead to?
Yes they do, only the 5th floor doesn't.

But with that said I know nothing about the new DVC rooms in Big Pine Key, but I would assume they left the door to a side balcony on the other floors.

Woah, the sofa in the turret is interesting in that room! Thanks for sharing.

I have been doing some fairly extensive research into the BPK rooms for an upcoming stay and I am pretty sure all turret rooms EXCEPT the 5th floor have that side balcony situation. I don't see a door in @ah10is's photos, I think it's just molding?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter