Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rearranging suitcases (needed a bigger one. More room for the Nautilus). Boarding passes printed. Ponchos bought (looks wet this week).

Sadly no Yee Haw Bob during our stay.

I don't know where I read it (Maybe on the Club Level thread...??) but I had read that due to construction on the east pool, some rooms on the GV side of the Hawaii building was going to be taken out of inventory around the 14th of August.

I also had read that a couple of the ground floor lagoon side rooms were changed to garden view due to obstructions from the bungalows and/or trees/shrubs.

I got an email today from IPO and wanted to add the info here regarding the current situation in the Hawaii building:

There had been garden view category rooms located on the lagoon side, however these rooms have since been changed back to lagoon view rooms.

Please note that any construction noise will not begin until 9 AM. We will do our best to assist you with getting the best room location, but please note that garden view rooms will be facing in the leisure pool direction.

Do like I did. I made a list of things to do this week so I can tackle a little bit everyday. I cross them off as they are completed. Trying to avoid the stress and anxiety of going on vacation.

I am definitely a lister and have done this. But there is waaaay too much on the list and my anxiety is going thru the roof.

For the Poly CL experts....

How bad is a garden view room, 2nd floor, closest to the lounge? Will it be noisy?

From what I understand, most of the heavy drilling and breaking up of the old pool is finished. On the garden view side of Hawaii, there's no way to know what the future brings day to day, until the entire new pool and area is completed next year.

We'll be there in 12 days so I hope it won't be too noisy.

From what I understand, most of the heavy drilling and breaking up of the old pool is finished. On the garden view side of Hawaii, there's no way to know what the future brings day to day, until the entire new pool and area is completed next year.

We'll be there in 12 days so I hope it won't be too noisy.

I was actually hoping to hear if it gets too noisy (indoors) having a room so close to the lounge. At the BC one year, we had the very last room right next to the lounge and it was a bit noisy, especially in the a.m...just wondering if that might be the case at the Poly as well.

I was actually hoping to hear if it gets too noisy (indoors) having a room so close to the lounge. At the BC one year, we had the very last room right next to the lounge and it was a bit noisy, especially in the a.m...just wondering if that might be the case at the Poly as well.

Oh I see! LOL We've had rooms on the ground floor and the third floor that were very close to the lounge and we never heard any noise from the lounge. The only floor that I think might be loud would be the second floor since that's the level where the food, drinks, tables, chairs, and seating areas are. The small seating area on the third level lounge is usually very quiet.

Just returned from an amazing stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We had so much fun but I find myself with the Disney blues:sad: so what do I do?? I book a trip for next year:yay:. So i booked POLY!!! :jumping1:We will be coming in late July 2016. So off to planning and waiting :bored:

Anyone else not liking the new thread for all the resort threads....What a pain, now it doesn't bring you back to the last post like it use too. :sad:I know I am being a baby crier right now.

But I'm down to 6 more days:tongue:

anyone have a Galaxy 5 with the app for the disboards? I installed the app but it says that the plugin is outdated?!! I want to upload pics once we get to the poly but the stinking app not working right!

anyone have a Galaxy 5 with the app for the disboards? I installed the app but it says that the plugin is outdated?!! I want to upload pics once we get to the poly but the stinking app not working right!

The Disboards App is no longer compatible with the new website. You access the DIS now on your phone via the website. I have a Galaxy S5 and the web version works great.

We're back at the poly for the first time in 3 years and we'll be there on halloween. Does anyone know what they do around the poly on that day? We're going to MNSNHP that night and I was thinking that we might hang out at "home" so we're not to tire to party all night! Any ideas?

Thank you everyone!!! I thought I was missing something. After uninstalling and installing it 3xs I figured it had to be something not right with the app. But u never know.

We still have 4 more sleeps until we can get to the Poly.

It won't be long! Have a great trip :wizard:.

7 more sleeps. And I haven't packed a thing. I am going to be a ball of stress this weekend.

Everything will be fine and you will be checking into the Poly before you know it :goodvibes.

Rearranging suitcases (needed a bigger one. More room for the Nautilus). Boarding passes printed. Ponchos bought (looks wet this week).

:yay:

Just returned from an amazing stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We had so much fun but I find myself with the Disney blues:sad: so what do I do?? I book a trip for next year:yay:. So i booked POLY!!! :jumping1:We will be coming in late July 2016. So off to planning and waiting :bored:

Yay for booking the Poly! We will also be at the Poly in late July next year :cheer2:.

This is the best cure for Post Disney Depression!!

:thumbsup2

:cool1::cool1:

12 hours until gear up
16 until I get a Dole Whip at the Lanai

:dance3:

We're back at the poly for the first time in 3 years and we'll be there on halloween. Does anyone know what they do around the poly on that day? We're going to MNSNHP that night and I was thinking that we might hang out at "home" so we're not to tire to party all night! Any ideas?

Yay for going back to the Poly! Not sure if there are any activities at the resort that day, but I think hanging out at the resort during the day is a great idea (that's what we always do before a party). Have a great time, attending the party on Halloween is a lot of fun! :goodvibes

Anyone else not liking the new thread for all the resort threads....What a pain, now it doesn't bring you back to the last post like it use too. :sad:I know I am being a baby crier right now.

I need help, I am having trouble even finding the new thread for all the resorts. I have been scrolling through the pages just to read the poly thread. Yuk!:crazy2:
If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I need help, I am having trouble even finding the new thread for all the resorts. I have been scrolling through the pages just to read the poly thread. Yuk!:crazy2:
If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
There is a new thread under all the stickies at the top of the forum with all the resorts threads in one new thread. It a pain! I don't like it!

There is a new thread under all the stickies at the top of the forum with all the resorts threads in one new thread. It a pain! I don't like it!
Thanks I found it! I saw it after I clicked on the "resorts community thread". I agree it is not very user friendly.
I believe "if it ain't broke don't fix it" so I don't understand why they changed it. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter