Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't. It was on top floor - I did a room request through touring plans and got it! I think it might be a bookable category now - marina view?

Yeah, I have Pool/Marina view booked. I've definitely requested third floor Fiji as my first choice!! Fingers crossed!!!!

I think there is a good chance.

Places that used to be buffets have successfully reopened as "family-style" so I see no reason family-style Ohana can't re-open as well.
The offerings that have opened have limited seating so it remains to be determined if cost effective to reopen. They have still not opened many resort buffet offerings: Cape May, Artists Point, and Chef Mickey's is only open for breakfast.

Dave

On google maps it appears that there's a walking path from Poly that runs along Magnolia Palm drive out to Shades of Green. Is that what I'm seeing? Just curious if it's feasible to walk there. Thanks.

Yes you are able to walk between the Polynesian and Shade of Green. Please note that SoG is not open to the general public. You need to be a guest and show ID.

Dave

I booked a standard view room in mid October, but have been checking daily in hopes that CL rooms will come back.

I'm sure people on these boards will be blaring it from the rooftops IF it does. No need to take up your time checking daily.

On google maps it appears that there's a walking path from Poly that runs along Magnolia Palm drive out to Shades of Green. Is that what I'm seeing? Just curious if it's feasible to walk there. Thanks.
Yes, I've stayed at Shades of Green and walked to the Poly. Every morning. (Tonga Toast!) It's a reasonably short, pleasant walk.

SoG is not open to the general public, though. You have to show military ID if you want to get onto the base, for example to buy from their ticket office. If you are actually staying at the resort, they give you a paper card to grant access along with your own photo ID. You have to show that pass to get in/out, or to use their busses. They don't mess around!

Yes, I've stayed at Shades of Green and walked to the Poly. Every morning. (Tonga Toast!) It's a reasonably short, pleasant walk.

SoG is not open to the general public, though. You have to show military ID if you want to get onto the base, for example to buy from their ticket office. If you are actually staying at the resort, they give you a paper card to grant access along with your own photo ID. You have to show that pass to get in/out, or to use their busses. They don't mess around!
Do you have to actually be staying there in order enter the facility? PX open to ID card holders if not staying there?

Do you have to actually be staying there in order enter the facility? PX open to ID card holders if not staying there?
A friend of mine who lives local was just at SoG today to buy tickets for her adult kids, so I think it's open to anyone with base clearance.

As Ninagrrl said, you can get in and shop with a valid military ID. That gets you through the gate, and once you're in it looks like (notwithstanding any closures due to Covid) the spa, restaurants, ticket sales, and exchange are all at your disposal. (Exchange will only sell alcohol to individuals with a valid military ID, but sponsored guests can buy snacks and whatnot there.)

Some helpful resources --

https://www.shadesofgreen.org/your-stay/installation-access
https://www.shadesofgreen.org/about-shades-green/faq

I have a question. When I try to book a room for the Poly for next October, it says not available. Is that because booking for the Poly is completely down for now? I have tried several different dates, same results.

I asked a question on another thread about how last minute DVC points can be rented. I am interested in reserving a Lake view room at Poly. I have a standard view room booked at the end of April. I booked this room last July, but I really wanted Lake view. Ive checked, im gonna say probably almost every day since and the lake view has not once ever become available. The bungalows have gone in and out of availability, the standard views have always been available. In that other thread, someone suggested that if I wait til 60 days out, the DVC will release more rooms so i can make a cash reservation, but that didnt happen. Im around 50 days out, does anyone think that may still happen? Should i rent DVC points in this Covid environment to get the exact room type I want, even though it’s riskier bc of the cancellation policy? Would appreciate any opinions!

I asked a question on another thread about how last minute DVC points can be rented. I am interested in reserving a Lake view room at Poly. I have a standard view room booked at the end of April. I booked this room last July, but I really wanted Lake view. Ive checked, im gonna say probably almost every day since and the lake view has not once ever become available. The bungalows have gone in and out of availability, the standard views have always been available. In that other thread, someone suggested that if I wait til 60 days out, the DVC will release more rooms so i can make a cash reservation, but that didnt happen. Im around 50 days out, does anyone think that may still happen? Should i rent DVC points in this Covid environment to get the exact room type I want, even though it’s riskier bc of the cancellation policy? Would appreciate any opinions!

Before renting points, make sure what you want is available. DVC rooms will probably be harder to get, but of course, you might get lucky! And like you mentioned, I heard the cancellation policy is pretty strict with some rental companies, therefore, I’d definitely recommend giving them a call first to inquire. Good luck!

I have a question. When I try to book a room for the Poly for next October, it says not available. Is that because booking for the Poly is completely down for now? I have tried several different dates, same results.
No bookings are open for the Poly for dates on or after July 19, 2021. October is the 50th MK Anniversary start. Double check your filter options to make sure you are not limiting your search to a "special offer" for your initial search.

What time period are you looking for?

Dave

"Next October" mean October 2021 or 2022?

2021 - Pretty much all booked up. People had 499-day room holds in place to celebrate the 50th even before the COVID shutdown, the rest went quick once the October-December bookings opened. Being original '71 MK resorts made the Poly and CR very popular for 50th trips.

2022 - Not available to book online yet. They are only taking packages into July 2022

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter