Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Next October" mean October 2021 or 2022?

2021 - Pretty much all booked up. People had 499-day room holds in place to celebrate the 50th even before the COVID shutdown, the rest went quick once the October-December bookings opened. Being original '71 MK resorts made the Poly and CR very popular for 50th trips.

Not true. For the actual 50th weekend yes, but there is plenty of availability through the rest of October. I literally just booked 10/3 - 10/18 a week or two ago to extend our weekend stay and checking now I see Standard, Lagoon & TPV available for a number of dates afterwards. @Vjale try changing your dates or the number of days you're looking for. Sometimes the algorithm is funky.

No bookings are open for the Poly for dates on or after July 19, 2021. October is the 50th MK Anniversary start. Double check your filter options to make sure you are not limiting your search to a "special offer" for your initial search.

What time period are you looking for?

Dave
Thanks for the info. We were looking at anytime in October 2021. Didn’t realize how booked it was because of the 50th anniversary. I went on again and was able to find a room. Thanks again.

No bookings are open for the Poly for dates on or after July 19, 2021. October is the 50th MK Anniversary start. Double check your filter options to make sure you are not limiting your search to a "special offer" for your initial search.

What time period are you looking for?

Dave
One other question. Is the monorail supposed to be running out of the Poly by October 2021?

We just booked a split stay starting with one week at Poly for Feb 2022! I'm so excited! My very first trip to WDW was when I was ten and we stayed at Poly for 10 nights and I haven't stayed there since. But that trip is what started my obsession with all things Disney. My husband knows we're spending 2 weeks in WDW but he doesn't know where we're staying or what our plans are while there, he wanted to be surprised with everything. I know that he has always wanted to stay at Poly though! Anything I should know going into it? I just booked a standard view room, any suggestions on which building to request? I also haven't been to WDW in almost 6 years :sad:. (for a lot of reasons) so I am excited for myself too!

It's going to be so tough trying to keep all of these details secret for a year, but at least I have these boards!

We just booked a split stay starting with one week at Poly for Feb 2022! I'm so excited! My very first trip to WDW was when I was ten and we stayed at Poly for 10 nights and I haven't stayed there since. But that trip is what started my obsession with all things Disney. My husband knows we're spending 2 weeks in WDW but he doesn't know where we're staying or what our plans are while there, he wanted to be surprised with everything. I know that he has always wanted to stay at Poly though! Anything I should know going into it? I just booked a standard view room, any suggestions on which building to request? I also haven't been to WDW in almost 6 years :sad:. (for a lot of reasons) so I am excited for myself too!

It's going to be so tough trying to keep all of these details secret for a year, but at least I have these boards!

Really not a bad longhouse at the resort, it’s more compact than it looks from the maps. But my favorite Standard is Rarotonga, it’s right next to the GCH and central to both pools so you are very close to everything. Going out the back way puts you right by the bus stop and on the path to TTC for the Epcot monorail.

Really not a bad longhouse at the resort, it’s more compact than it looks from the maps. But my favorite Standard is Rarotonga, it’s right next to the GCH and central to both pools so you are very close to everything. Going out the back way puts you right by the bus stop and on the path to TTC for the Epcot monorail.

Thank you! That building sounds great!

One other question. Is the monorail supposed to be running out of the Poly by October 2021?
Yes according to Disney's schedule. They say "Summer" and since the Resort side is taking booking as of July 19, 2021. Good bet it will be running with a new Monorail station and a remodeled front entry to the Great Ceremonial House.

My personal bet is that they are done by June 13 at the latest.

Dave

We will be there in July and have not stayed in a standard before. I've heard good things about Rarotonga. Do you know if the standard views all on the monorail side?

We will be there in July and have not stayed in a standard before. I've heard good things about Rarotonga. Do you know if the standard views all on the monorail side?

Unless they radically change things, per Touring Plans the first floor appears to be "Standard" (aka Garden View) but the second and third are classified as something else on the non-monorail side. All 3 floors on the monorail side are "Standard" (aka Garden View).

Last edited:
Unless they radically change things, per Touring Plans the first floor appears to be "Standard" (aka Garden View) but the second and third are classified as something else. All 3 floors on the monorail side are "Standard" (aka Garden View).
Thanks! I wouldn't mind a monorail view. I think I read that foliage kept the view of the parking lot obscured but with all of the construction I don't know what that will look like. Decisions, decisions.

Personally, I am suspicious of TP’s accuracy for some of the Oasis Pool facing rooms in Rarotonga. While I can’t prove it, I’ve often felt those are leftover pre-Oasis Pool renovation categories that may/may not be accurate today.

I’ll give Disney credit, they are often pretty legit with their room categories. A palm tree can be the difference in a TPV or LV category, even if the castle is still visible if you look around said tree. If I book a Pool/Marina View room, I’d be awfully annoyed if I was put in some of the Rarotonga Oasis Pool facing rooms looking at the back of the Oasis Pool Bar/Grill building.

I’m hoping that since my reservation is beginning the first day they are taking reservations I will have a very good shot at my request.

BTW - since it is now “March” - we are on Tiki Kiki splash pad reopening watch.

Current reports are ALWAYS appreciated!

:thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter