Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Moana inspiration is so apparent to fans of the movie (me lol), but it's not so in your face.

This!

The painting by the bed is explicit, but Hei Hei is sort of tucked away, and the big mural, to me, strikes the perfect balance. Yes, Maui and Moana are in it, but if you took them out it would still be beautiful and thematically appropriate, and they by no means dominate the picture. I think it works really really well!

So what do we think.... shoe/flip flop shelf?

Our family would TOTALLY use this for flip flops and sandals. I can see families with littles using this shelf to stash toys/stuffed animals.

I actually really like that shelf table top because it makes a nice side table for the couch/daybed. Our family always has water bottles by our bedside and this works great for the person on the daybed.

This!

The painting by the bed is explicit, but Hei Hei is sort of tucked away, and the big mural, to me, strikes the perfect balance. Yes, Maui and Moana are in it, but if you took them out it would still be beautiful and thematically appropriate, and they by no means dominate the picture. I think it works really really well!

I have to admit I’m a little concerned about Hei Hei being near the coffee maker though. Caffeine is the last thing he needs.

I am glad so many people like the new Poly rooms.
I personally do not like them even a tiny bit. Way too much going on.
In good news, I'll save money as it won't appeal to me.
But so many people like the changes that it will get plenty of love.

It seems like everyone has been able to book poly with no problem, Ive had a waitlist open for two separate days for a Nov '21 trip (jersey week) since the day after the 11 month booking window...... any advice ??

I showed my husband as he agreed to give some of our tax refund to our "return to house of mouse" trip (still waiting to know when we will go) but he actually said thats pretty cool. We currently live in Hawaii and we said we would probably never stay there but after seeing those rooms we would consider. But I do love Moana.

I actually think the floors are gorgeous. We were going to stay at the Poly for our first WDW trip, then decided on the beach club resort, now these rooms have my attention!

I know they’re probably meant to evoke the waves of the ocean, but the new floors also remind me of tropical foliage. Something about that pattern appeals to something in my lizard brain memory from being 10 on our family vacation to Hawaii and staring at the giant leaves around our hotel (I was always an odd duck).

Having stayed at both Poly and BC, imo you really can’t go wrong with either resort, both are lovely and have their charms, conveniences, and drawbacks, but for us the Poly is “home” and has our heart. It was a childhood dream to stay there and we absolutely fell in love with it. And if I’m real, for a first trip, I can’t think of anything better than staying across the lagoon from the castle. Talk about magic! And I swear sunrises on the Poly beach are prettier than anywhere else.

I am so happy I decided to switch up our resort bookings and book Poly! I was worried about what the renos would look like, but I know DH is going to love them! It’s a shame he doesn’t drink coffee because he is going to love that Hei Hei mural! Cannot wait for Feb 2022! I’m almost tempted to not do a split stay...almost.

I’m not a fan. I love Moana but the room doesn’t look cozy, it’s cold feeling. I don’t like the bright white looking lamps (should be warm white color lights) or the fully laminate floors. The colors are too muted too. I LOVE the dvc studios at the Polynesian, the colors, the cozy vibe. This doesn’t look good to me AT ALL.

I’m not a fan. I love Moana but the room doesn’t look cozy, it’s cold feeling. I don’t like the bright white looking lamps (should be warm white color lights) or the fully laminate floors. The colors are too muted too. I LOVE the dvc studios at the Polynesian, the colors, the cozy vibe. This doesn’t look good to me AT ALL.
View attachment 560786View attachment 560787

I‘m not crazy about the mural on the right side wall but it’s still not too bad. I liked the old look but understand why they changed it. Overall I still think it’s good and appropriately themed. More theme than last time but not screaming in your face like a value resort. I’d definitely stay once I save up some more $

View attachment 560786View attachment 560787

While I like the Poly DVC rooms, in these modern times, it now just seems outdated to me, especially when compared to the Moana themed room. I think the new rooms are clean, bright and ‘higher end’ looking compared to the DVC room. I think the accent wall gives it all the color it needs, while small colored accents help make the wall pop. The best way I can describe it is understated elegance. I love it.

Surprised we’ve made it 4 pages w/out anyone talking about the on the wall toiletries. We knew it was inevitable I guess! Poly’s time has come.

Glad to see the string dryer line remains - we use those for bathing suits so find it a handy feature.

Wonder if they did any showers or kept all tub/showers.

Maybe with no shower curtain the motion-sensor exhaust fan will actualy stay on now vs going off after 30 seconds into a shower (or perhaps they’ve put in better exhaust fans that aren’t so sensitive).

Love the little details on the closet doors.

Why am I spending my Saturday morning thinking about these things?

79D95543-BC49-4F42-B1AD-935726D33EB0.jpeg

While I like the Poly DVC rooms, in these modern times, it now just seems outdated to me, especially when compared to the Moana themed room. I think the new rooms are clean, bright and ‘higher end’ looking compared to the DVC room. I think the accent wall gives it all the color it needs, while small colored accents help make the wall pop. The best way I can describe it is understated elegance. I love it.

I agree. I liked the old rooms but preferred the DVC look and IMO the Moana rooms are better looking than both. Probably one of the top complaints I’ve seen about the Poly is the rooms don’t look like they cost as much as it does to stay there, and I think these absolutely do. When I think of the ideal sort of theming for a Disney resort room, this is the blueprint for me going forward. If you never saw Moana, aside from Hei Hei you wouldn’t necessarily be drowning in it. The mural just looks like cool, culturally appropriate artwork. And the color palette and textures are very much “ocean”, which is why it doesn’t necessarily need to be warm toned to me...the ocean was one of the most important “characters” in the movie and the first thing I think of when I think about the movie besides Moana herself.

It’s a nice happy medium between “have a single blink and you miss it framed picture of characters on the wall” and AoA where you’re practically punched in the face. If I have one minor issue, I feel like we lost a little of the 70s kitsch that made the place so charming to me, but I think it’s definitely worth it.

Surprised we’ve made it 4 pages w/out anyone talking about the on the wall toiletries. We knew it was inevitable I guess! Poly’s time has come.

Glad to see the string dryer line remains - we use those for bathing suits so find it a handy feature.

Maybe with no shower curtain the motion-sensor exhaust fan will actualy stay on now vs going off after 30 seconds into a shower (or perhaps they’ve put in better exhaust fans that aren’t so sensitive).

View attachment 560796

I’m not crazy about the shower doors. I think they look nice, but they don’t offer any privacy. With a shower curtain, someone could be showering and someone else could be brushing their teeth or doing something else in the bathroom at the same time. I’m also going to miss the large vanity in the bathroom. These are probably my only two gripes about the room.

Maybe with no shower curtain the motion-sensor exhaust fan will actualy stay on now vs going off after 30 seconds into a shower.

View attachment 560796

The wall pumps are my one legit gripe but like you said it was inevitable given the refurb trends so I had already resigned myself to it. It’s just awkward to use those things with slippery hands imo on top of it being kinda gross, but at least they’re sanitizing them nowadays. I do like the built in shelving in the shower a little more than the old one, it looks more spacious than the little tiered shelves, but I could be wrong.

Not sure how I feel about the counter until I see it in person, it feels like we lost a lot of surface area but it looks like there’s storage under the sinks? It’s hard to tell. I will say I liked having the little shelf up top at BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter