Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised we’ve made it 4 pages w/out anyone talking about the on the wall toiletries. We knew it was inevitable I guess! Poly’s time has come.

Glad to see the string dryer line remains - we use those for bathing suits so find it a handy feature.

Wonder if they did any showers or kept all tub/showers.

Maybe with no shower curtain the motion-sensor exhaust fan will actualy stay on now vs going off after 30 seconds into a shower (or perhaps they’ve put in better exhaust fans that aren’t so sensitive).

Love the little details on the closet doors.

Why am I spending my Saturday morning thinking about these things?

View attachment 560796

I'm just happy they put in the rainfall showerhead and the handheld one!! I got spoiled to the handheld in February and am so sad that it is not possible to have one in my teeny NYC apartment shower. I'll freely admit, that showerhead combo - or at least a handheld one - is one of my room requirements now. Who knew I'd become a shower snob? :P

The wall pumps are my one legit gripe but like you said it was inevitable given the refurb trends so I had already resigned myself to it. It’s just awkward to use those things with slippery hands imo on top of it being kinda gross, but at least they’re sanitizing them nowadays. I do like the built in shelving in the shower a little more than the old one, it looks more spacious than the little tiered shelves, but I could be wrong.

Not sure how I feel about the counter until I see it in person, it feels like we lost a lot of surface area but it looks like there’s storage under the sinks? It’s hard to tell. I will say I liked having the little shelf up top at BC.

There is the shelf under the mirror where things can go.

Surprised we’ve made it 4 pages w/out anyone talking about the on the wall toiletries. We knew it was inevitable I guess! Poly’s time has come.

Glad to see the string dryer line remains - we use those for bathing suits so find it a handy feature.

Wonder if they did any showers or kept all tub/showers.

Maybe with no shower curtain the motion-sensor exhaust fan will actualy stay on now vs going off after 30 seconds into a shower (or perhaps they’ve put in better exhaust fans that aren’t so sensitive).

Love the little details on the closet doors.

Why am I spending my Saturday morning thinking about these things?

View attachment 560796
GA Disney Dad - tell me about the string dryer! I've stayed at the Poly many times (and have visits planned for Spring Break and for October) and I never knew about the string dryer line. I feel like an idiot for never noticing it. How does it work??

I’m not crazy about the shower doors. I think they look nice, but they don’t offer any privacy. With a shower curtain, someone could be showering and someone else could be brushing their teeth or doing something else in the bathroom at the same time. I’m also going to miss the large vanity in the bathroom. These are probably my only two gripes about the room.

Granted, I travel solo now, but even when I was younger and traveling with my family, even with a shower curtain, we never went into the bathroom to do anything while someone was showering. Just...skeevy to us. Maybe we're just a lot more low maintenance than most people, but it never made getting ready in the morning an issue "having" to wait.

GA Disney Dad - tell me about the string dryer! I've stayed at the Poly many times (and have visits planned for Spring Break and for October) and I never knew about the string dryer line. I feel like an idiot for never noticing it. How does it work??

Lol, string dryer is probably the wrong way for me to have described it. It’s just a string clothes line that pulls out and hooks to the far side wall. Let’s you hang up wet clothes over the tub so they’ll dry. Low tech, nothing fancy!

You pull the string from one side, hook it in on the other, and flop wet things over it.

Edit - @GADisneyDad14 and I were typing at the same time.

I'm just happy they put in the rainfall showerhead and the handheld one!! I got spoiled to the handheld in February and am so sad that it is not possible to have one in my teeny NYC apartment shower. I'll freely admit, that showerhead combo - or at least a handheld one - is one of my room requirements now. Who knew I'd become a shower snob? :P

I hadn’t seen the new shower head because I hadn’t seen the video until just now, and I’m super excited because that was the one thing that really made me jealous about the DVC rooms. Something about a rainfall one feels so fancy, haha! I do have a handheld at home but the water pressure in my 100 year old Brooklyn house is atrocious—think the spitting camels in Adventureland —so any shower at Disney is like a dream.

There is the shelf under the mirror where things can go.

Yeah that’s what I meant, they have those at Beach Club and it’s a surprising amount of space. It’s just annoying losing the actual counter space because I bring my own fancy pants hair dryer and my diffuser attachment is pretty big. Guess I will stick it under the sink.

Did a quick search for a picture. It’s great for bathing suits or things you don’t want to put in the dryer. Just pull the metal piece out and hook it in on the wall on the other side.

Lol, string dryer is probably the wrong way for me to have described it. It’s just a string clothes line that pulls out and hooks to the far side wall. Let’s you hang up wet clothes over the tub so they’ll dry. Low tech, nothing fancy!
Holy cow, a practical in-room clothesline that I never noticed before! Yay, a place to hang all the wet swimsuits. Thanks for pointing it out.

My biggest "issue" (which is totally not an issue at all other than making decisions hard) is seeing this, I'm VERY intrigued to see what their Contemporary redo is - if it's this good, that may make pondering a stay there in 2022 much more likely.

Of course I also have to decide if I do a birthday 2022 trip and cancel the Celebrity cruise to Bermuda I have (in their lowest suite category) OR put off Disney until the weekend we'd be off because of Rosh Hashanah. OR cancel the cruise and do DisneyLAND.

Holy cow, a practical in-room clothesline that I never noticed before! Yay, a place to hang all the wet swimsuits. Thanks for pointing it out.

Pro tip... Lay suits on a towel (one per towel, or if they're small, two...just not overlapping), roll the towel up, and walk on it before hanging the suits. Gets a lot of the excess water off of them and they dry so much quicker!

Thanks for sharing this tip!

You're welcome! I forget where I learned it, but it has made a ton of difference - especially when my family all meets up at the beach because we'll do morning on the beach, lunch and nap at the rented house, and afternoon on the beach, and sometimes those suits weren't dry...even with 2 in rotation!

You're welcome! I forget where I learned it, but it has made a ton of difference - especially when my family all meets up at the beach because we'll do morning on the beach, lunch and nap at the rented house, and afternoon on the beach, and sometimes those suits weren't dry...even with 2 in rotation!
We used to do this trick in college when there were no dryers available and we had to hang our clothes on those collapsible racks in our room (our college clearly didn’t have well equipped laundry facilities 😂). I had never thought about using it for swim suits! Thanks for the tip and the jog down memory lane 😊

We used to do this trick in college when there were no dryers available and we had to hang our clothes on those collapsible racks in our room (our college clearly didn’t have well equipped laundry facilities 😂). I had never thought about using it for swim suits! Thanks for the tip and the jog down memory lane 😊

Yeah, I've used it for "line dry" things to give them a head start.

Heck, in NYC I've noticed that even the laundromats often run out of dryers - I've watched people who had their clothes all in one or two washers sort them into about six dryers. I've often said there should be a "however many washers you use, that is how many dryers you get" but I'm clearly the only one (at one laundry I used to go to) who lives by that. More than once when I used that one I ended up walking my stuff back home wet and hanging it all over my apartment.

My mind is blown. Never thought I would learn so much about drying swimsuits! What have I been doing with my life all this time??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter