Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those looks great. Can anyone book? We are at grand Floridian and thought if cabana not avail there we could go Poly. I read that only SAB cabanas are for rent for YC and BC and BCV but others are open for anyone.

Have they started the soft goods referb at the villas yet? Just wondering what they actually replaced. I read somewhere the mattress were up for replacement.

Those looks great. Can anyone book? We are at grand Floridian and thought if cabana not avail there we could go Poly. I read that only SAB cabanas are for rent for YC and BC and BCV but others are open for anyone.

Pretty sure that counts as pool hopping, which is a no-no.

Have they started the soft goods referb at the villas yet? Just wondering what they actually replaced. I read somewhere the mattress were up for replacement.

The one in 2924 most definitely needed it!! The pillow top seemed to be trying to slide off. :(

No the 3 Covered Patios at the Oasis pool are only for Polynesian resort guests. The Cabanas at GF and CF are open to all WDW Resort hotel guests to reserve you need present a MB or Hotel Keycard at checkin.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/cabanas/

Dave

No, not yet. Some speculation has been around based on strange DVC room availabilities later this year, but I don’t think anything has been confirmed/is known yet.

Unfortunately, no cabanas. However, they do have covered patio spaces you can rent! They are located over by the Oasis pool.

View attachment 561401
View attachment 561402

I want to say we paid about $74 for a full day rental back in 2018. It felt really decadent with just the 2 of us and the weather was a little iffy that day but we enjoyed it. Those chairs are so comfy. Gf loved it!!

Has anyone heard if Kiki splash area is still set to be back up within this month?
Also, I do know I asked this before, but i REALLY wanna get a boarding group for ROTR and now Ive seen feedback in these forums from another resort as well that says they are not getting boarding groups bc the wifi/reception were bad at their resort. Have people been getting boarding groups without issue at Poly Villas lately?

So let’s play a little “DIS Construction Schedule Expert” with the room work to date. Just for kicks. Because of course we're all experts here. :-)

Mid November 2020 - Scaffolding/Walls Erected outside of Tuvalu (56 rooms), Fiji (66 rooms), and Aotearoa (89 rooms) (total of 211, or 44% of Poly's regular hotel room inventory)
Late December 2020 - Images of gutted first floor rooms, plastic up on the rest
Early March 2021 - Finished room in Tuvalu revealed (seems like it was 3414)

So in round numbers, 3.5-4 months.

Now, are all three longhouses on similar schedules with rooms at/nearing completion? Or was what they showed us just an early completion and the rest are a long way from being done? Million dollar question I guess.

With walls/the beginnings of work now moving to the other longhouses - Rarotonga (89 rooms), Niue (22 rooms), Somoa (54 rooms) and Hawaii (102 rooms) (total of 267 rooms, or 56% of Poly's regular hotel room inventory)....4 months puts it at mid-July.

I'm still going to say 7/19 opens with some longhouses open and others still being completed - but TBD of course!!!!

(Note, room counts are approximate, did not include Tonga suites in the above for simplicity)

I want to say we paid about $74 for a full day rental back in 2018. It felt really decadent with just the 2 of us and the weather was a little iffy that day but we enjoyed it. Those chairs are so comfy. Gf loved it!!
Did anyone come by to take an order/serve you? Just wondering if it has any additional benefits.

Or was what they showed us just an early completion and the rest are a long way from being done? Million dollar question I guess.
OK here is my answer for the chance to win a $1,000,000.00. My vote is the images on the Disney blog were from the final selection of a "test" room. Look closely at the window view and the Smart TV image for Photoshop indications. In 2021 a picture is not just an actual captured image of the physical...

Construction progress: Building and rooms progress at different speeds based on the contractor teams of subcontractors (some are faster than others), scheduling of supply deliveries, and finally weather.

As of today the first 3-4 buildings should be 100% open on or before July 19th as scheduled but with all "new" things the first guests in the door may find minor issues on a random room basis.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter