Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Split staying from AKL and plan on Ubering to Poly like at 7 AM, drop bags and walk to MK For rope drop/ park while the room gets sorted out. Any restrictions on that As far as ubers going to Poly that early in the AM?
Shouldn't be if you're checking in. I haven't heard of them cracking down at the Poly, but the crackdowns that are happening are for mobile orders. People with legitimate ADRs or people checking in aren't being turned away.

I'm doing a split stay myself and planning on ubering over to Poly in a little over two weeks, so I guess we'll see!

We are planning to be at Poly DVC on June 15. What is everyone's prediction for if the monorail will be back up and running by that point?

I read back a few pages, but think just asking my question directly will be more expeditious.

I have an upcoming stay at the Contemporary (I can hear the booing and hissing from Poly diehards :flower3: ). I've read about construction at the Poly monorail station but of course can't find it now. Can I get on the monorail at CR and get off at Polynesian? My ultimate goal is to then walk to the GF and eventually walk from GF back to the CR by way of MK.

I'm not a health nut, just filling my first day now that the airline has me getting to WDW a few hours early than I expected and looking for an enjoyable way to spend the time. :flower:

I read back a few pages, but think just asking my question directly will be more expeditious.

I have an upcoming stay at the Contemporary (I can hear the booing and hissing from Poly diehards :flower3: ). I've read about construction at the Poly monorail station but of course can't find it now. Can I get on the monorail at CR and get off at Polynesian? My ultimate goal is to then walk to the GF and eventually walk from GF back to the CR by way of MK.

I'm not a health nut, just filling my first day now that the airline has me getting to WDW a few hours early than I expected and looking for an enjoyable way to spend the time. :flower:

No, they demolished the entire Poly monorail platform and are in the early stages of rebuilding it at the moment. You’ll need to get off at TTC and then walk to Poly, then GF. It’s a great walk!

No, they demolished the entire Poly monorail platform and are in the early stages of rebuilding it at the moment. You’ll need to get off at TTC and then walk to Poly, then GF. It’s a great walk!

Demolished. That sounds definitive :scared1:

:wave2: I'd like to ask a follow up question.

The night I will be there MK closes at 6. six! 6:00!! SIX PM!!! 6 colon two zeroes!!!! I don't want to get trapped between GF and CR. I assume there will be safe passage in front of the Magic Kingdom for an hour after closing. I won't cut it too short, just want to make sure I won't have to go back to GF and call an Uber.

Demolished. That sounds definitive :scared1:

:wave2: I'd like to ask a follow up question.

The night I will be there MK closes at 6. six! 6:00!! SIX PM!!! 6 colon two zeroes!!!! I don't want to get trapped between GF and CR. I assume there will be safe passage in front of the Magic Kingdom for an hour after closing. I won't cut it too short, just want to make sure I won't have to go back to GF and call an Uber.
You might want to keep an eye on park hours... They've been increasing them about 2 weeks out. Last Friday they increased hours up to 3/27. Most people are expecting the same to happen tomorrow. MK might not close as early as you think!

Yes the walkway from the GF to the CR will be open until at least 1 hour after park close.

You can always catch the resort monorail at the GF as it runs at least 1 hour after park close. After that there is a Gold Line bus that runs between the GF - Poly - CR until at least 11 PM for guests going between the Monorail resorts.

Dave

You might want to keep an eye on park hours... They've been increasing them about 2 weeks out. Last Friday they increased hours up to 3/27. Most people are expecting the same to happen tomorrow. MK might not close as early as you think!

It's hard enough to plan with the shortened hours, nothing like adding changing hours into the mix, but thanks for the heads up.

Yes the walkway from the GF to the CR will be open until at least 1 hour after park close.

You can always catch the resort monorail at the GF as it runs at least 1 hour after park close. After that there is a Gold Line bus that runs between the GF - Poly - CR until at least 11 PM for guests going between the Monorail resorts.

Dave

Didn't know about the Gold Line bus, that's helpful, thanks.

For anyone that has very recently stayed at Poly, were you able to get a Rise of the Resistance boarding group at 7am from your room? I just watched a youtube video of a couple that gave an update on construction & reviewed their recent stay. They mentioned both the wifi & data on their phones were slow at Poly?
We were at the Poly 2/12-2/16. DH and I both tried from the room for the ROTR 7 a.m. boarding group with no luck. We met another family on the bus to HS later that morning that had success from their room, however! We did score the 1 p.m. boarding group while sitting on a bench outside Hollywood & Vine, so all was not lost.....

If Rarotonga isn’t open for our trip in August, what is a good standard view room to request on the other side of the resort?
A lot of people like Aotearoa and there are lots of standard rooms in Aotearoa. The side facing the monorail are standard. Monorail facing rooms can be fun. :)
But there are also many standard rooms on the other side.

I personally like the standard rooms in Fiji.

Last edited:
The only real issue with that side of the resort (noise from Luau Cove) isn’t a factor for the foreseeable future so I think you’d be fine regardless.

I would go with Aotearoa over Fiji though, walking around the marina to get to the boat seems really annoying.

We’ve had great luck with standard rooms in Aotearoa. always on the side away from the monorail.. beautiful views of the Luau beach and GF. We were able to watch both MK fireworks and the ELP from our balcony.

The only thing preventing this room from being classified as lagoon view... the tree limb about 10/15 feet from the balcony. We could easily see into/across the lagoon just to our left toward the GF.562378562379

The only real issue with that side of the resort (noise from Luau Cove) isn’t a factor for the foreseeable future so I think you’d be fine regardless.

I would go with Aotearoa over Fiji though, walking around the marina to get to the boat seems really annoying.
I wish they could build a little bridge from Tuvaluu over to the main path near the pool.

Do i need to arrange in advance for magical express from the airport to Poly villas? Also can i get groceries delivered?
Yes you need a reservation for magical express. Pre covid, you could often just show up at the airport and get in, but bc of spacing, they want a reservation. If you want to ride back to the airport at the end of your stay, you DEFINITELY need to book that as they wouldn't know when to pick you up.

Question: Can I use magical express if I don't fly into Orlando? I was going to head down to Florida for a few days before my Disney Trip starts, but want to experience the Magical Express one last time before it goes away. I would be going the day my resort reservation starts.

Also, can I even get into the magical express area with my bags without security? I assume I would just walk into the baggage claim area and walk to it?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter