Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let’s play a little “DIS Construction Schedule Expert” with the room work to date. Just for kicks. Because of course we're all experts here. :-)

Mid November 2020 - Scaffolding/Walls Erected outside of Tuvalu (56 rooms), Fiji (66 rooms), and Aotearoa (89 rooms) (total of 211, or 44% of Poly's regular hotel room inventory)
Late December 2020 - Images of gutted first floor rooms, plastic up on the rest
Early March 2021 - Finished room in Tuvalu revealed (seems like it was 3414)

So in round numbers, 3.5-4 months.

Now, are all three longhouses on similar schedules with rooms at/nearing completion? Or was what they showed us just an early completion and the rest are a long way from being done? Million dollar question I guess.

With walls/the beginnings of work now moving to the other longhouses - Rarotonga (89 rooms), Niue (22 rooms), Somoa (54 rooms) and Hawaii (102 rooms) (total of 267 rooms, or 56% of Poly's regular hotel room inventory)....4 months puts it at mid-July.

I'm still going to say 7/19 opens with some longhouses open and others still being completed - but TBD of course!!!!

(Note, room counts are approximate, did not include Tonga suites in the above for simplicity)
I love your thought process! I just need Fiji done since I changed my room view to pool/marina view 🙃 I’m stressing over what to request bc I really want an updated room and we check in opening day woohoo! Now, if the CL rooms get done and that opens I’ll change for sure!

I love your thought process! I just need Fiji done since I changed my room view to pool/marina view 🙃 I’m stressing over what to request bc I really want an updated room and we check in opening day woohoo! Now, if the CL rooms get done and that opens I’ll change for sure!

Lol, I am requesting “Hawaii” no matter what. :goodvibes

Did anyone come by to take an order/serve you? Just wondering if it has any additional benefits.

Yes! The full menu for the Oasis Bar & Grill was left on the table and a CM came by to take our orders and deliver food. We ordered wings and pork sliders.

(sorry for the silly upside one)

I am not 100% certain that this is limited to the patios...I could swear I’ve heard of CMs bringing drink orders around the pool in general, but don’t quote me on that.

With the Oasis Bar & Grill currently closed, I am not certain when this will return. It’s a shame because it’s lowkey one of the more underrated food locations on property imo...better than some resorts’ “full” QS.

From what I could tell when I was there in February, the longhouses on the opposite side from DVC (so Tuvalu, Fiji, and Aeotearoa) were being extensively worked on while those on the DVC side were sort of staging. So A - I think there is a good shot that those three (at least) will be ready to go and B - I really don't think there are going to be any non-refurbed rooms open...they have already changed the pictures of the rooms on the website for the Poly (the Wilderness Lodge pics have not been updated yet).

New guy here. Going to Poly next week. We are driving to WDW.

Which is better/more convenient: driving to HS, AK and EPCOT from Poly or taking the bus? Any recent attenders that can speak from experience? We will definitely take ferry or Monorail to MK, but others I'm not sure if we should take bus or not because of morning waits. Thanks!

From what I could tell when I was there in February, the longhouses on the opposite side from DVC (so Tuvalu, Fiji, and Aeotearoa) were being extensively worked on while those on the DVC side were sort of staging. So A - I think there is a good shot that those three (at least) will be ready to go and B - I really don't think there are going to be any non-refurbed rooms open...they have already changed the pictures of the rooms on the website for the Poly (the Wilderness Lodge pics have not been updated yet).
Thank you! This makes complete sense. I'm feeling better about Fiji now and may go ahead and put in my request. Thank you so much!

Which is better/more convenient: driving to HS, AK and EPCOT from Poly or taking the bus? Any recent attenders that can speak from experience? We will definitely take ferry or Monorail to MK, but others I'm not sure if we should take bus or not because of morning waits. Thanks!

:welcome: We always have a car, so we definitely prefer driving to the parks. We like knowing we can come and go as we please without waiting for transportation to arrive. I’m sure others might feel differently. Either way, you can’t go wrong... you’re in Disney World!! Have a great time!

We were last at Poly over NYE. I usually like to walk to the bus stop with my car keys in my pocket just in case I wanted to bail and drive, but we mostly ended up taking the bus. You can have bad bus waits anywhere/anytime, but generally speaking we bused all over with minimal issue.

Enjoy your trip, and :welcome: to the DIS!

Has anyone heard if Kiki splash area is still set to be back up within this month?
Also, I do know I asked this before, but i REALLY wanna get a boarding group for ROTR and now Ive seen feedback in these forums from another resort as well that says they are not getting boarding groups bc the wifi/reception were bad at their resort. Have people been getting boarding groups without issue at Poly Villas lately?

Disney’s note on the website still says March and the aerial pics someone posted above from a few days ago still show it under renovation. It seems to me that it should reopen soon, but TBD of course. Before next week’s bigger spring break push would be nice!

As for RotR, honestly we’ve had success with both WiFi and cell service. I personally prefer cell service but my son got a single digit BG back around NYE using a cheapo/dinky iPod with in-room Wifi over my much more expsensive new iPhone trying on cellular. YMMV!

Something I don’t love about the new rooms... these ‘annoying’ new style modern thermostats. I used to love Poly’s old ones, you could basically make the room an ice box at a moment’s notice. Going to need to study up on how to reprogram these suckers. :goodvibes

CF4C29D2-6B13-4D57-976F-5497A1D19C47.jpeg

Something I don’t love about the new rooms... these ‘annoying’ new style modern thermostats. I used to love Poly’s old ones, you could basically make the room an ice box at a moment’s notice. Going to need to study up on how to reprogram these suckers. :goodvibes

View attachment 561980
This is the one thing my DH dislikes about Disney. He really needs to control that thermostat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter