Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone there now that can tell me if they sell half gallons of milk and how much they are? If it's too much we will just stop on our way in. But if it's only a dollar or so more I'll wait and just get it there.

We are at the BC right now and checking into the Poly on Monday. They sell 1/2 gallons for $3.69. Our first day they only had skim, so we had to buy that. We have a rental and went to Walgreens yesterday and bought a gallon of 1% for $3.29 and it fit in the refrig in the room. I am sure they carry the same 1/2 gallons for the same price at the Poly.

We are at Poly right now and all of my kids have been using the slide while wearing life jackets. One of the guards offered to get my 2 year old an infant jacket from the back so she could use the slide as well.

Anyone there now that can tell me if they sell half gallons of milk and how much they are? If it's too much we will just stop on our way in. But if it's only a dollar or so more I'll wait and just get it there.

They do. And they definitely arent crazy priced, but watch the dates. I dug through to find one not expiring before we checked out. Now I just by at the resort so much easier.

Hi everyone! I'm here at the Poly now. We arrived Thursday night. I had requested Samoa. I did the touring plans fax, had a request on my reservation and requested it with online check in. Lol. I didn't request anything else. Just anywhere in Samoa. It's busy here so I knew we probably wouldn't get it. We checked in and got Aeoteroa(sp?). I really wanted to be at least near the pools so I asked if they had anything on the other side and that I really, really wanted Samoa. They were very kind and looked for me. They had a room in Rarotonga for the night, and then could move me to Samoa the next day! I said that would be great as we arrived late so it wasn't a big deal to move. Moving was very easy. We had to call the night before to confirm we'd be moving which we did as soon as we got to our room. In the morning, I called bell services, they took our bags to store for us, we went to MK rope drop & I brought our bathing suits with us in case the room wasn't ready when we got back. After they took our bags we just left. No need to stop at front desk or anything.

The monorail was pulling up when we got there so it was literally about 10-15 minutes from leaving the room to MK! We caught the welcome show at 7:40am (first time in so many trips we've been able to actually catch it!). We went straight to Mine Train. It took about 20 minutes to ride which was not bad. Then we saw the step sisters headed for the carousel so we hopped on with them! My kids sat right in front of them. :) After that we did fantasyland, had breakfast, did our FP's and headed back to the hotel. It was about 1:45 by now.

Our room wasn't ready so we went to the pool. While at the pool we got the room ready text so my husband went to get our bags delivered to the room. His band didn't work. He waited at the front desk while they tried to fix it. They finally let him into the room while they fixed his band. He got our luggage and stuff while they did that. They fixed his band and later we realized my bands didn't work. After much back and forth, they managed to fix my bands too. While they worked on that, I was able to unpack so it wasn't a big inconvenience other than the first time when my husband had to wait in the lobby for a bit. After the third try they managed to fix them and because of the inconvenience they gave me a $200 credit for the room! i was so grateful, I couldn't believe it! We got the magical deal so that basically comped one night of our trip! :thanks: I thanked him profusely. :worship:

Our room is great! It's first floor which is really convenient. We love the patio and the quiet pool is steps from our door. My pictures are too large and I don't know how to fix them so I can't post pics of my view. Maybe while I lounge on the cabana I'll try to figure it out. Oh yeah, and as of now the cabanas are still empty in case anyone is wondering about how hard it is to get one.

After staying the night in Rarotonga, I would definitely be happy with that building for a future stay. I think that'll be my next request. It's literally steps from the GCH and the food and mug refills. And there's an entrance to the pool right there too. The CM also mentioned that in the near future Disney would be changing the pricing so Samoa would be an additional charge. I don't know how true that is but that's what the CM said.

Oh, and I got a refillable mug and I love the design without the handles. To me it makes the cup so much more useful! It fits in my stroller cup holder and in the car cup holder which is great! Now I'll actually take the cup with me to the parks because I have somewhere to put it. So it's great if you use cup holders. I think they should keep both designs and let the guest decide what works best for them. :)

1 week til the Poly. Woohoo

5 days here.

Hope you both have great trips! :yay:

We are at the BC right now and checking into the Poly on Monday.

BC and Poly, best of both worlds! Hope you are having a good time at the BC. Enjoy your Poly stay :wizard:.

We are at Poly right now and all of my kids have been using the slide while wearing life jackets. One of the guards offered to get my 2 year old an infant jacket from the back so she could use the slide as well.

Thanks for the update on life jackets and the slide. Hope you're having a great time :).

We check in tomorrow! So excited.

:banana::banana:

Hi everyone! I'm here at the Poly now. We arrived Thursday night. I had requested Samoa. I did the touring plans fax, had a request on my reservation and requested it with online check in. Lol. I didn't request anything else. Just anywhere in Samoa. It's busy here so I knew we probably wouldn't get it. We checked in and got Aeoteroa(sp?). I really wanted to be at least near the pools so I asked if they had anything on the other side and that I really, really wanted Samoa. They were very kind and looked for me. They had a room in Rarotonga for the night, and then could move me to Samoa the next day! I said that would be great as we arrived late so it wasn't a big deal to move. Moving was very easy. We had to call the night before to confirm we'd be moving which we did as soon as we got to our room. In the morning, I called bell services, they took our bags to store for us, we went to MK rope drop & I brought our bathing suits with us in case the room wasn't ready when we got back. After they took our bags we just left. No need to stop at front desk or anything.

The monorail was pulling up when we got there so it was literally about 10-15 minutes from leaving the room to MK! We caught the welcome show at 7:40am (first time in so many trips we've been able to actually catch it!). We went straight to Mine Train. It took about 20 minutes to ride which was not bad. Then we saw the step sisters headed for the carousel so we hopped on with them! My kids sat right in front of them. :) After that we did fantasyland, had breakfast, did our FP's and headed back to the hotel. It was about 1:45 by now.

Our room wasn't ready so we went to the pool. While at the pool we got the room ready text so my husband went to get our bags delivered to the room. His band didn't work. He waited at the front desk while they tried to fix it. They finally let him into the room while they fixed his band. He got our luggage and stuff while they did that. They fixed his band and later we realized my bands didn't work. After much back and forth, they managed to fix my bands too. While they worked on that, I was able to unpack so it wasn't a big inconvenience other than the first time when my husband had to wait in the lobby for a bit. After the third try they managed to fix them and because of the inconvenience they gave me a $200 credit for the room! i was so grateful, I couldn't believe it! We got the magical deal so that basically comped one night of our trip! :thanks: I thanked him profusely. :worship:

Our room is great! It's first floor which is really convenient. We love the patio and the quiet pool is steps from our door. My pictures are too large and I don't know how to fix them so I can't post pics of my view. Maybe while I lounge on the cabana I'll try to figure it out. Oh yeah, and as of now the cabanas are still empty in case anyone is wondering about how hard it is to get one.

After staying the night in Rarotonga, I would definitely be happy with that building for a future stay. I think that'll be my next request. It's literally steps from the GCH and the food and mug refills. And there's an entrance to the pool right there too. The CM also mentioned that in the near future Disney would be changing the pricing so Samoa would be an additional charge. I don't know how true that is but that's what the CM said.

Oh, and I got a refillable mug and I love the design without the handles. To me it makes the cup so much more useful! It fits in my stroller cup holder and in the car cup holder which is great! Now I'll actually take the cup with me to the parks because I have somewhere to put it. So it's great if you use cup holders. I think they should keep both designs and let the guest decide what works best for them. :)

Thanks for the live report. I'm sorry about the MB issues, but glad everything got fixed. Have a great time and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

I'm so glad you are having a good time and you ended up with the longhouse you requested.

Thank you for all of the information, especially the details about Roratonga being close to mug refills and the pool. It's nice to hear that you would stay there again.

We will be to the Poly next month and my only request is third floor, so I'm playing roulette with the long houses. Everyone recommends Samoa, so I know we'd be happy there, and it's nice to hear the details of Roratonga.

Last edited:
We will be there for Halloween 2017 and we plan on going to a party, but part of our group arrives at the Polynesian later in our trip and are missing the party. We can still view the party fireworks from the beach correct?

I keep forgetting about being able to see the fireworks from the Poly! Crowds are now bigger in October, but I usually only find it to be bothersome during fireworks at MK on non-party nights (we stay 9 nights, so crowds don't bother us a lot because we have a lot of time to get things done), now that problem is solved! We can do it once and then if we want to see them again, watch from our resort, love it :)

We will be there for Halloween 2017 and we plan on going to a party, but part of our group arrives at the Polynesian later in our trip and are missing the party. We can still view the party fireworks from the beach correct?

I keep forgetting about being able to see the fireworks from the Poly! Crowds are now bigger in October, but I usually only find it to be bothersome during fireworks at MK on non-party nights (we stay 9 nights, so crowds don't bother us a lot because we have a lot of time to get things done), now that problem is solved! We can do it once and then if we want to see them again, watch from our resort, love it :)
Yes you can see the fireworks and the electric parade from the Poly beach. That is one of my favorite things to do while there.

We will be to the Poly next month and my only request is third floor, so I'm playing roulette with the long houses. Everyone recommends Samoa, so I know we'd be happy there, and it's nice to hear the details of Roratonga.

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

Arrive tomorrow! Hopping for some good weather want to rent a Boston Whaler!

Have a great time :yay:.

So excited to join this board! Have read most of the beginning, then skipped ahead to the most recent. We love Poly and stop by on every trip, but this will be our first stay. Cannot wait!

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! :goodvibes

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive an emailed copy of your hotel folio? We checked out on Tuesday and still haven't received a bill to review. By the way, we liked the Polynesian, but its not our favorite. Capt. Cooks ran out of food every day and coffee in the morning, the refillable drink station was super sticky, there were flies all over the outside of the resort and bees were at the refillable drink station at the Oasis. The pools were so warm, they were nearly hot, but it was super hot out during our stay. My grandkids loved both pools' slide areas and the monorail was a great convenience. We were on the ground floor of rarotonga looking at the Oasis pool. We could not get into trader sams because it wa so crowded. we did like seeing Wishes from the pool/beach area each night.

We are all so excited - we check-in in less than 2 weeks. This is a celebration of our oldest DD turning 21. She knows we are going to DW because that is where she wanted to spend her 21st birthday but doesn't know where we are staying (Hawaii). Also we are surprising her with 4 of her good friends joining us for the week. They fly down the day after we check in. Our other kids know and it has been so hard keeping it a secret. We are planning so much that we will be sad once the planning is over. Each day will have a theme and everyone will wear something that matches. Whether it will be a tie dyed shirt, or flowers in their hair (hats for my DH and DS), bow ties, bandanas, etc and last is the MNSSHP - our DD is Snow White and the rest of us are the Prince, Evil Queen and the 7 dwarfs (10 in total). All her friends are so excited, we are just debating how to surprise her with her friends. We are thinking in front of Cinderella's castle (her favorite place).
We had a tough year with illnesses and now that everyone is healthy we are so excited that the summer is ending in such a fun way. Now I am off to go finish decorating all of the magic bands.

Here is my update. We surprised our DD in front of the castle. We got the help from Guest Services at Town Hall. They set us up with a Photopass photographer. We were taking pictures of our DD and 3 of her friends photo bombed her picture. Then her DCP roommate that she hasn't seen in a year surprised her - we all cried. Disney was just wonderful at helping us and make this a magical trip for our DD. Where else can you do this? Here are some pictures. We are also loving the Polynesian. They too helped to keep the surprise. None of us want to leave.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7785383086_zpssiz8wj0i.jpeg

Her 3 friends photo bombing the picture.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7785383033_zpsmpburmte.jpeg

Her three friends

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7785382157_zps1bpntn0x.jpeg

Her DCP roommate.

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7785382963_zpsxyzxe03j.jpeg

All 10 of us!

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive an emailed copy of your hotel folio? We checked out on Tuesday and still haven't received a bill to review.....
You should have received the email early on Tuesday morning with the folio attached before you "actually" left, it gives you a chance to review and a chance to stop at the Front Desk to resolve any issues before you leave the resort.

Check your SPAM or Junk mail folders to see if it might have arrived there. It should be from disneyresorts@disneyworld.com

Dave

Last edited:
Check your SPAM or Junk mail folders to see if it might have arrived there.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Dave, but nothing in the spam folders. We had 4 rooms and none of us have received an email.... Is there someone I can contact about it?

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive an emailed copy of your hotel folio? We checked out on Tuesday and still haven't received a bill to review. By the way, we liked the Polynesian, but its not our favorite. Capt. Cooks ran out of food every day and coffee in the morning, the refillable drink station was super sticky, there were flies all over the outside of the resort and bees were at the refillable drink station at the Oasis. The pools were so warm, they were nearly hot, but it was super hot out during our stay. My grandkids loved both pools' slide areas and the monorail was a great convenience. We were on the ground floor of rarotonga looking at the Oasis pool. We could not get into trader sams because it wa so crowded. we did like seeing Wishes from the pool/beach area each night.
We check out on Wednesday the 24th and haven't relieved ours either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter