Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 194993

the lake view DVC rooms are all in moorea, which runs just about parellel to the edge of the lake. the bungalows are in front of most of the building. if you get the 1st floor, your "lake view" will be between the bungalows. 2nd and 3rd floor rooms offer a much better view.

we stayed in a lake view room last week and got 1st floor. we inquired if there was anything else available, and there wasn't. in the end, the manager gave us back the difference in points between lake and standard views.

don't get me wrong - we <3 the poly. and the studio rooms are beautiful. even with the two of us, having the second bathroom was so nice, and we can't wait to stay there with our kids next summer. but the lake view studios are a definite risk. if you book lagoon or TPV with cash, you'd be guaranteed to get what you want.

Is your photo what the lake view rooms face? I think I can live with that for a savings of $2,000! Thanks for responding :)

Our first stay at the Poly is almost over and I can definitely say we'll be back! This place is something special.

Glad you're having a great time :wizard:.

Was all set to book Contemporary for our first family deluxe stay for the sole reason of being able to walk "home" after the fireworks at MK. Then my husband's coworker said we must stay at Poly. I'll admit, it looks gorgeous. Maybe watching the fireworks from the Poly beach would be just as good as a walkway to Contemporary?

We've never stayed at the CR, but we love the Poly! I think the CR is great with the ability to walk to MK, but the tropical atmosphere of the Poly is just so beautiful and relaxing. The Poly pools are more appealing (IMO), as are the views. If I had to choose, I'd go with the Poly. Good luck :).

View attachment 194993

the lake view DVC rooms are all in moorea, which runs just about parellel to the edge of the lake. the bungalows are in front of most of the building. if you get the 1st floor, your "lake view" will be between the bungalows. 2nd and 3rd floor rooms offer a much better view.

we stayed in a lake view room last week and got 1st floor. we inquired if there was anything else available, and there wasn't. in the end, the manager gave us back the difference in points between lake and standard views.

don't get me wrong - we <3 the poly. and the studio rooms are beautiful. even with the two of us, having the second bathroom was so nice, and we can't wait to stay there with our kids next summer. but the lake view studios are a definite risk. if you book lagoon or TPV with cash, you'd be guaranteed to get what you want.

Ew. I've booked lake view for my birthday. I'll be a little disappointed if it's a "lake glimpse" view like that :sad2:

Ew. I've booked lake view for my birthday. I'll be a little disappointed if it's a "lake glimpse" view like that :sad2:

We were definitely disappointed. =( Be sure to speak up - we talked to the manager on site and will be emailing DVC as well.

Was all set to book Contemporary for our first family deluxe stay for the sole reason of being able to walk "home" after the fireworks at MK. Then my husband's coworker said we must stay at Poly. I'll admit, it looks gorgeous. Maybe watching the fireworks from the Poly beach would be just as good as a walkway to Contemporary?
I love both!

The walk to /from mk is nice at CR but I also enjoy the boats to and from Wl for a meal or for sightseeing.

However Poly has the advantage that you can walk to TTC for the epcot monorail. You can also take the ferry to MK that way too.

As you can see I enjoy the boats!

The cr pool and hottubs are not crowded like at Poly. SO do you like to relax at the pool or enjoy things more busy?

Rooms are similar size however here is my bathroom comparison:

At poly sinks,shower and commode are all in one room! Hard to share! At cr they are all enclosed in the same "bathroom" but the toilet is in a separate room with a door inside there.

Wl and GF the sinks are exposed to the hall but the toilet and shower are in a "room'.

For getting ready in the morning and night which set up works? When our kids were little we did "girls together" then "guys together". However that stopped working once they became teens which is why I have a BLT 1br villa booked for our next family of 4 vacation. For dd and I on our mom and me's it doesn't matter for us.

Any other q' you can pm me. Love all the monorail resorts!

Hi All,

We have an 8:15 PPO ADR for Crystal Palace. With all the talk on here about the monorail's erratic schedule, should we plan on taking the boat to MK? Would this be the boat from the TTC or from the resort?

What time would be the earliest that we could get into the park? We would love to get some pics when it's not as crowded!

What time should we catch the boat?

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

I thought I would try to rent points for my stay in January. There is lots of availability on the disney site so hoped still some studio/villas available. For Jan 15-20 only okw was available. RATS! I really want to stay monorail area.

I have a cr gv room booked but hoping winter discounts released soon and I can get a poly studio. Want the extra shower!

I always wondered on availability but apparently 4 months out for the quietest time of year is not advance enough.

Happy Planning

I rented points for our upcoming stay this January at the beginning of August and could only secure 5 nights. Not sure anything will be left now :worried:

Hi All,

We have an 8:15 PPO ADR for Crystal Palace. With all the talk on here about the monorail's erratic schedule, should we plan on taking the boat to MK? Would this be the boat from the TTC or from the resort?

What time would be the earliest that we could get into the park? We would love to get some pics when it's not as crowded!

Thanks in advance!
Depending on when this PPO is, if it's in October double check park hours. They just made opening 8AM on many days.

Depending on when this PPO is, if it's in October double check park hours. They just made opening 8AM on many days.

It is Sept. 25 and as of today, the park opens at 9:00. Hopefully that doesn't change.

If our ADR is at 8:15, would we be able to get in at 7:45?

When should we leave from the poly (by boat) to get there?

Hi All,

Thanks in advance!

If this were me, I'd aim to be getting to the MK around 7:30. They will be queuing PPO ADRs towards the left side of the main entrance. They'll let you in the park around 7:45ish but that can vary a bit. We've done several PPO breakfasts at MK (9AM park opening) over the last few years and fortunately the monorail has always started at 7, so I've never had to use the boat or bus as a backup.

One tip, that initial PPO crowd is relatively small, but it's enough that you won't get a totally empty Main Street shot. I'd give it a few minutes to let the initial crowd go by and you may have a better opportunity for photos. BTW, a PPO breakfast at MK is one of our favorite things to do, hope you have a great trip!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they have fixed the air conditioning problem in the bungalows yet?
We have one night reserved on October 9.

We just stayed at the Poly the last week of August, for the first time. I am just wondering, when was the last refurb of the rooms? We were in Somoa.

Hi Poly Lovers! We are staying at Poly DVC Studios from Oct 5-11. We are BLT Owners but wanted to give it a try!

It's been 14 years since we stayed at Poly for our honeymoon - so looking forward to the many additions since then!

I need to call DVC today and while on the phone - figured I should make a room request! We are standard (could not get lake view), we are a family of 4, and we will have a car.

What are some of the more desirable requests?

- Tokelou Upper Floor (is there a way to request North End to have potential water view? And is that mean opposite side from the pool or can you see it pool side as well? I am considering a straight up Pool View Request)

- Moorea to have laundry facility in the building (we are used to a 1bedroom - this is my biggest concern about the studio room!)

- are the stairwells/elevators in the ends of the buildings or in the middle? Considering a 'close to elevator/stairs request if it doesn't conflict with the view request.

- anything we need to avoid? I have read about the transportation noise - where is that the worst?

Thanks!!

We just stayed at the Poly the last week of August, for the first time. I am just wondering, when was the last refurb of the rooms? We were in Somoa.
When DD and I stayed CL in March 2013 Hawaii had only been open for about 3 weeks. Some of the buildings were open I believe that January and all finished that year.

Magicbands shipped. Woo! Getting closer.

Do they serve the juice from Ohana at the QS location? Please say yes!

Hi all!

When going to Epcot, is the monorail the only option or is there also an option to take the bus? Thanks!

Panning a trip for June 2017. Any thoughts on a room soft goods update. How
long has it been? Just want to have a plan if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter