Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most mornings it's 8, but check the schedule while you're there to confirm. The monorail has been operating under a modified schedule off and on recently, on select days.

Is there a modified schedule somewhere on here? Or in the room? Or do I just have to ask a CM and remember?

Hi all!

When going to Epcot, is the monorail the only option or is there also an option to take the bus? Thanks!
I was researching this also and several sources say there is no bus directly to Epcot and that you would need to take the monorail, a bus, or walk to the TCC. I am wondering if this is true.

I was researching this also and several sources say there is no bus directly to Epcot and that you would need to take the monorail, a bus, or walk to the TCC. I am wondering if this is true.
::yes::

If the monorail is shut down, then they will send buses.

Is there a modified schedule somewhere on here? Or in the room? Or do I just have to ask a CM and remember?
The weekly times guide has the most current schedule for the Monorails. Here is a link that posts the weekly schedule. Once you get to the world you can pickup the weekly guide at your resort at any park.

Link: Times Guides - Weekly http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

There is no regular bus to Epcot unless the Monorail is down and even then it can be confusing as to where to catch the bus: resort bus stop or by walking to the TTC.

Dave

Caught a bus directly from the poly to epcot last week prior to the monorail starting for the day. We were the only 2 on board.

Hi all!

When going to Epcot, is the monorail the only option or is there also an option to take the bus? Thanks!

Yes the monorail is the only option from EPCOT. In August when we were leaving EPCOT after Illuminations - the monorail was down and they only had buses to TTC - there had to be hundreds of people on the TTC line. They did not send direct buses for the Poly or the CR or the GF. We all were on the same line - we tried to get a cab but there had to be a hundred people on line for cabs and we were so many people we would have needed 3 cabs. We took the bus to TTC and walked to the Poly - it is a lovely walk at night.

Here now, checked in last night! Used TP fax request, online checkin and TA room requests for 3rd Fl then Samoa...got second floor Rarotonga, facing inward towards back of Oasis Pool. Right next to GreatHouse! I like it! Would have been sweet for a patio or balcony, but it is so darn hot n humid, not sure I'd go outside anyways. Even though it isn't any of my requests, I am super happy with the room. Huge. One kid wanted to use the pull out couch thing and loves it. Older one has queen bed all to himself. We slept great. No noises. Clean, good staff, smells delicious outside!! Hit the Lava pool this afternoon, and wow, it's fantastic! That slide had me screaming and laughing the whole way down much to the amusement of everyone within earshot - it's pitch black! Splash pad awesome, tons of chairs, lots of lifeguards some of whom were in training with trainers. Guests were nice and courteous. Pool bar pricey but not busy at all. WiFi great. Monorail to MK last night was great. Bus to AK great as well. Little wait. Beautiful hot sunny day with lovely views. Loving it!!!

Yes the monorail is the only option from EPCOT. In August when we were leaving EPCOT after Illuminations - the monorail was down and they only had buses to TTC - there had to be hundreds of people on the TTC line. They did not send direct buses for the Poly or the CR or the GF. We all were on the same line - we tried to get a cab but there had to be a hundred people on line for cabs and we were so many people we would have needed 3 cabs. We took the bus to TTC and walked to the Poly - it is a lovely walk at night.
Over my stay 5/9 till today we got a bus directly to epcot and arrived 30 minutes before opening. Coming back I couldn't say as the monorail was working fine

Thank you all for your replies! I'm an odd bird, I'd rather not take the monorail unless I have to. We were stuck on one once for quite a while and I would rather not experience it again. :upsidedow

At lease we can walk to the TTC and only ride one monorail. No big deal in the grand scheme of things!

Here now, checked in last night! Used TP fax request, online checkin and TA room requests for 3rd Fl then Samoa...got second floor Rarotonga, facing inward towards back of Oasis Pool. Right next to GreatHouse! I like it! Would have been sweet for a patio or balcony, but it is so darn hot n humid, not sure I'd go outside anyways. Even though it isn't any of my requests, I am super happy with the room. Huge. One kid wanted to use the pull out couch thing and loves it. Older one has queen bed all to himself. We slept great. No noises. Clean, good staff, smells delicious outside!! Hit the Lava pool this afternoon, and wow, it's fantastic! That slide had me screaming and laughing the whole way down much to the amusement of everyone within earshot - it's pitch black! Splash pad awesome, tons of chairs, lots of lifeguards some of whom were in training with trainers. Guests were nice and courteous. Pool bar pricey but not busy at all. WiFi great. Monorail to MK last night was great. Bus to AK great as well. Little wait. Beautiful hot sunny day with lovely views. Loving it!!!
Fun report! Makes me excited for our arrival next week.

After spending our arrival night at POFQ We check into the Poly in 10 days! :hyper:

So excited! Our first time at the Poly. I dont think I'm going to be able to sit still until we get there. Thanks to everyone on this thread for all the great information. Aloha!

The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it! :yay:

Thanks for checking in, glad you're having a great time! Sorry your requests weren't met, but glad you love your room. Enjoy the rest of your trip :wizard:.

Fun report! Makes me excited for our arrival next week.

Hope you have a great time :goodvibes.

If this were me, I'd aim to be getting to the MK around 7:30. They will be queuing PPO ADRs towards the left side of the main entrance. They'll let you in the park around 7:45ish but that can vary a bit. We've done several PPO breakfasts at MK (9AM park opening) over the last few years and fortunately the monorail has always started at 7, so I've never had to use the boat or bus as a backup.

One tip, that initial PPO crowd is relatively small, but it's enough that you won't get a totally empty Main Street shot. I'd give it a few minutes to let the initial crowd go by and you may have a better opportunity for photos. BTW, a PPO breakfast at MK is one of our favorite things to do, hope you have a great trip!

Thanks, GADisneyDad14. 7:30 sounds great...great tip on letting the crowd die down a bit before taking photos! I'm glad to hear that the monorail might be a possibility.

If we plan on leaving TTC at 7:15, would that get us to the park by 7:30?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter