Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Hey Poly lovers, Saw a few post from people checking into Tokelau (building refurb not completed on all floors according to post). One post (Tikimans Unofficial Polynesian FB) guest stated they had the old sofa bed not the new Murphy beds in their Tokelau room. If anyone is there now or arriving in a few days, would appreciate any info you can give on Tokelau refurb. Maybe they ran out of Murphy beds🤷‍♀️

I did get a reply on the Poly Owner's thread that some rooms/longhouses are still waiting on the murphy beds to be installed.

Hey Poly lovers, Saw a few post from people checking into Tokelau (building refurb not completed on all floors according to post). One post (Tikimans Unofficial Polynesian FB) guest stated they had the old sofa bed not the new Murphy beds in their Tokelau room. If anyone is there now or arriving in a few days, would appreciate any info you can give on Tokelau refurb. Maybe they ran out of Murphy beds🤷‍♀️
So, just some of the rooms in Tokelau or Tokela as a whole didn’t get the Murphy beds? Weird.

Okay… reporting back on TS wait times. Party of 2 each time.

On Monday 9/6 we got on the list at 3:30. Quoted 1.5 hours- Called at 4:45.

Wednesday 9/8. Tried to get on the list at 10:30pm. We were told if we weren’t called by 11:20 we would not be. That’s when they stop letting people in.

Today (9/10) got on the list at 8 pm. Quoted 1.5 hours. Not called until 10:15.

We may try again tomorrow. But the list seems to usually be 1-2 hours. And definitely try to get on the list before 10. Hope this helps!

Thanks for this info! Does anyone know how long they give you to arrive back at TS once called? We are headed to WDW in a few weeks and always go to TS. I know the wait times have been longer than usual so our plan is to get on the list and then get some food at either Capt. Cook's or another resort on the monorail line while we wait.

The Poly guest who replied on the Owner's thread is staying in Moorea did not have Murphy bed. I'm sure all DVC villas will receive new murphy beds, just some later than others. Could be a supply chain issue :confused3, or making sure those who booked at 11mos for 50th anniversary have a room.

Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread yesterday! I meant for it to go here.

We arrived late last night, staying at the Poly. Apparently there weren’t enough Magical Express buses because after we had waited about 45 minutes, they started to call over taxis. Is that something that’s happening these days? We haven’t taken Magical Express in a while. I haven‘t been paying much attention to any posts about it, other than to read about how it’s being discontinued and replaced with transportation we’ll have to pay for.

My daughter was so sad. She always wants to take the Magical Express but lately I’ve been into renting a car. I told her we could take the Magical Express this trip before it’s discontinued. The taxi we shared with another woman was NOT the experience my daughter had in mind. Looks like we’ll have to try again in November! 🤣

Anyway, my daughter and I both love the room makeover here at the Poly! All of the colors and updates make it feel very refreshing. I don’t love the large mirror directly across from the glass shower, though.

I love these photos I got of the lobby when it was completely empty late last night.

What am I missing? The lobby looks exactly the same. What was renovated just the monorail area and outside facade?

your pictures make me super excited for Sunday arrival. I know it’s likely to be unpleasantly crowded for the 50th but can’t rain to be at my happy place! Thank you!

Thanks for this info! Does anyone know how long they give you to arrive back at TS once called? We are headed to WDW in a few weeks and always go to TS. I know the wait times have been longer than usual so our plan is to get on the list and then get some food at either Capt. Cook's or another resort on the monorail line while we wait.

15 minutes to return

That sounds more common since you'd entering spring break territory - it seems schools can be out several weeks before and after Easter. I hope they are able to find something in the next few weeks!

Easter is late April again. Our wedding coordinator told us that that first week of March is normally a low crowd week and it picks up the weekend after our wedding. Not sure. Could be college spring break for some, but who can afford the Poly in college. 😂

What am I missing? The lobby looks exactly the same. What was renovated just the monorail area and outside facade?

your pictures make me super excited for Sunday arrival. I know it’s likely to be unpleasantly crowded for the 50th but can’t rain to be at my happy place! Thank you!

They didn’t renovate inside the lobby. Just the Exterior front entrance and the monorail station.

Easter is late April again. Our wedding coordinator told us that that first week of March is normally a low crowd week and it picks up the weekend after our wedding. Not sure. Could be college spring break for some, but who can afford the Poly in college. 😂

I like to joke that someone somewhere is on break between Presidents' Day week and the last week of April. (In fact my kiddo's school has 2 weeks off in that time period).

But in all seriousness, I booked my late April 2022 stay in March 2021 and that week (when I checked in July) is sold out at the Poly.

I like to joke that someone somewhere is on break between Presidents' Day week and the last week of April. (In fact my kiddo's school has 2 weeks off in that time period).

But in all seriousness, I booked my late April 2022 stay in March 2021 and that week (when I checked in July) is sold out at the Poly.

Yeah... We got engaged in March of this year and I procrastinated too long. But we were able to secure 4 other resorts for our room block- so my guests will survive somewhere on property. I'm just happy there was still DVC availability for us when i booked in late August. I really didn't want to get ready at another resort and then have to get over to the Polynesian. The Grand Floridian is sold out that week as well- but we were told its due to a convention. Could be spillover from that too.

Hi! Anyone staying here this week, and can confirm Tambu Lounge hours? MDX says it opens at 8:30am (I assume it's bc it serves as the O'hana bar?), but wanted to check.

Mama needs a morning tiki drink!!

Just back from our weeklong stay. The new rooms are very nice but I felt a bit like a zoo animal on display in that ground floor Hawaii room. :rotfl2: Several times I was sitting on the patio a bit in the shadows and got to listen to commentary about our room from the people passing by. Sure we could have closed the curtains but that kind of ruins the enjoyment of that view. No more ground floor rooms for me though I think.

There seemed to be a lot of 'touch up' type work going on around the resort. A couple of times I saw various suit types talking to horticultural CMs around the entry fountains and I'm pretty sure additional landscaping was going in there still during the week. The indoor fountain had no water running. They restrung or tightened the netting running along the bay one day. They're installing some kind of additional railing along the walkway to the ferry and on Thursday we left the room and came back to a brand new landscaping bed bordering the patio all along the front of Hawaii... just monkey grass, about three rows deep.

Can we talk about tp for a moment? WHY oh WHY do they have to have such utterly crappy tp at Disney World? I know it's always been like this (at least in my memory) but it's so flipping awful that I end up bringing my own which seems absurd at the prices they charge. We can get free sanitary products in bathrooms at the deluxe resorts but they can't manage to supply us with tp that doesn't dissolve instantly on use? ARGH.

Anyway, we had a great trip and enjoyed being back in our 'home away from home'.

They didn’t renovate inside the lobby. Just the Exterior front entrance and the monorail station.
What @shoegal9 said— the lobby is the same. I was just excited to get some photos of it without a bunch of people. :cheer2:
The room updates are a huge improvement! I love the new rooms. I took a few photos, but my daughter is in all of them so I didn’t add those to my post.

Can we talk about tp for a moment? WHY oh WHY do they have to have such utterly crappy tp at Disney World? I know it's always been like this (at least in my memory) but it's so flipping awful that I end up bringing my own which seems absurd at the prices they charge. We can get free sanitary products in bathrooms at the deluxe resorts but they can't manage to supply us with tp that doesn't dissolve instantly on use? ARGH.

Anyway, we had a great trip and enjoyed being back in our 'home away from home'.

I have said this each and every year since the deluxe resorts changed TP to Scott brand. It hasn't always been that nasty, one-ply, scratchy stuff--we used to get decent TP and I remember it! I haven't checked in a number of years, but after the parks and hotels switched, GF was still using good stuff including facial tissue. Since I'm sure it is a contractual thing park/resort wide, GF probably caved as well.

Swan/Dolphin still had good facial/toilet tissue the last time I checked, but then again--those resorts aren't Disney owned.

I tell my husband every visit that I should just buy it at the store along with a box of Puff's but he refuses to allow it because it is such a basic item that should be provided. Midway through the vacation, however, he is reminded why I always suggest bringing our own. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter