Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Amazon Prime Now/Walmart+ current pickup process?
Hello, I'm sure there's current info on grocery orders but when I do a search I'm not finding it and this has 152 pgs. What is the procedure in place now to receive orders from one of these places? Do you need to meet them? Will bell service collect them and hold them? If they do, is there a fee? We are flying for the 1st time in forever so we are trying to figure out how this works now. We are use to driving and having our vehicle. Thanks for your help.

If your order contains alcohol you will need to meet the delivery service. No alcohol, then your grocery delivery can be left with Bell Services. Bell Services will delivery your order to your room for a fee + tip ($6 fee?) or you can pick it up.

Last edited:
Amazon Prime Now/Walmart+ current pickup process?
Hello, I'm sure there's current info on grocery orders but when I do a search I'm not finding it and this has 152 pgs. What is the procedure in place now to receive orders from one of these places? Do you need to meet them? Will bell service collect them and hold them? If they do, is there a fee? We are flying for the 1st time in forever so we are trying to figure out how this works now. We are use to driving and having our vehicle. Thanks for your help.

If your order contains alcohol you will need to met the delivery service. No alcohol, then your grocery delivery can be left will Bell Services. Bell Services will delivery your order to your room for a fee + tip ($6 fee?) or you can pick it up.
If you order from Garden Grocer, you do not need to be present for delivery for an order containing alcohol. You provide ID to them ahead of time through their website, and they will leave your delivery with bell services.

Had dinner at O’Hana tonite. We were seated at 5:15 and sat for 20 minutes before even getting a soda and 45 min before getting any food got chicken and steak another 20 min after getting the skillet with pot stickers, noodles and broccol. Service was absolutely horrible after an hour and a half didn’t even want dessert just a check☹️. We did see other tables getting much better service but it did seem to take a while for them to clear and set up tables. There was no apology we were basically just ignored and food was brought out at ridiculous intervals. Finally got check at 6:40.

Had dinner at O’Hana tonite. We were seated at 5:15 and sat for 20 minutes before even getting a soda and 45 min before getting any food got chicken and steak another 20 min after getting the skillet with pot stickers, noodles and broccol. Service was absolutely horrible after an hour and a half didn’t even want dessert just a check☹️. We did see other tables getting much better service but it did seem to take a while for them to clear and set up tables. There was no apology we were basically just ignored and food was brought out at ridiculous intervals. Finally got check at 6:40.
We were very disappointed there in April as well. Service and food were terrible. My husband will not go back. ☹️

Talk to me about laundry. We will be on DVC side but a cash guest. I normally don’t do laundry on vacation but we may need to this trip. Where is the laundry located and how does it work? Thanks

Talk to me about laundry. We will be on DVC side but a cash guest. I normally don’t do laundry on vacation but we may need to this trip. Where is the laundry located and how does it work? Thanks
The DVC laundry is in Moorea on the first floor. Our Magicbands opened the door when it was locked. The machines are free to use. When we were there in May the machine for purchasing detergent was not working, if you ask housekeeping they should be able to bring you some for no charge. I usually bring from home but happened to forget this time.

There is a laundry room in Moorea which is free for anyone staying in a DVC building. Every time I have tried using it, it has been very busy. I just use the main laundry room by the bus stop not far from Pago Pago. I have to pay for the machines but I can usually get multiple machines and finish up quicker.

There is a laundry room in Moorea which is free for anyone staying in a DVC building. Every time I have tried using it, it has been very busy. I just use the main laundry room by the bus stop not far from Pago Pago. I have to pay for the machines but I can usually get multiple machines and finish up quicker.
Same here. It seems rare to find an open wash machine at Moorea.

This New Polynesian Bag and Ear Combo From Loungefly

The Loungefly mini backpack retails for $78.00.
The ears retail for $44.99.
You can find both I tems at the Boutiki in Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.

1687643908952.jpeg

1687644060441.jpeg

Just made an account so I could ask this question, I hope someone is able to help me out here! For our most recent trip we rented DVC points to stay at Tokelau and had a great time! We would like to do the same in 2024, however we are a family of 6 and I am not sure if there are issues staying in a 5-adult room. The last trip our youngest was 2 so I believe she doesn't "count" as when looking at number to the room as I think the system assumes she will be in a crib (she slept in a bed with her siblings). She will be 3 for our next trip. We are hoping to stay in the same room type as the two beds + murphy are plenty of space for us to sleep comfortably, but I am not sure if we will be able to reserve a room for the 6 of us again? Any ways around this?

Thanks in advance!

Just made an account so I could ask this question, I hope someone is able to help me out here! For our most recent trip we rented DVC points to stay at Tokelau and had a great time! We would like to do the same in 2024, however we are a family of 6 and I am not sure if there are issues staying in a 5-adult room. The last trip our youngest was 2 so I believe she doesn't "count" as when looking at number to the room as I think the system assumes she will be in a crib (she slept in a bed with her siblings). She will be 3 for our next trip. We are hoping to stay in the same room type as the two beds + murphy are plenty of space for us to sleep comfortably, but I am not sure if we will be able to reserve a room for the 6 of us again? Any ways around this?

Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately, the listed capacity for the Poly DVC studios is “5, plus one infant under 3 in a crib.” Disney is pretty firm about capacity limits, so now that she’s 3, you’re a family of 6 and will need to look at DVC 2BR villas (or suites at the non-DVC sides of the resorts). Sorry.

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, the listed capacity for the Poly DVC studios is “5, plus one infant under 3 in a crib.” Disney is pretty firm about capacity limits, so now that she’s 3, you’re a family of 6 and will need to look at DVC 2BR villas (or suites at the non-DVC sides of the resorts). Sorry.
Just adding the possibility of 2 deluxe studios at PVB with an adult in each if you are sold on this specific resort. You can ask the renter to note "traveling together" and request "connecting rooms" for the reservations. No guarantee, but an overwhelming majority of PVB studios connect to another studio.

It still boggles my mind that you can sleep more adults in 2 connecting studios than 1 bungalow when you consider the points chart. I guess that's why we're seeing that new tower erected.

I haven't posted since we got back from our trip earlier this month but The Poly ruined Disney for me. There is no way I can go back to any other hotel and I can't afford to stay here every trip. lol It's amazing how much I enjoyed it here over any other hotel I've stayed in Disney. I will say food wasn't the best. 'Ohana isn't worth eating even at Tambu any longer and that makes me sad. Captain Cooks didn't have flatbreads like they normally do and hardly any choices at the grab and go. I would have killed for a Turkey sandwich but they didn't even have those like all other hotels do.

'Ohana isn't worth eating even at Tambu any longer and that makes me sad.
Disney restaurants are extremely inconsistent for the most part, and I think it's helpful to remember that. 'Ohana's just the most stark example of it. After literal years of hearing how bad it sucks now and it's gone downhill, we had a fantastic dinner there just last month with excellent, non-rushed service. Same with Tambu. We didn't have a single bad meal during our stay at all, in fact, after months of hearing how the food sucks on property now, etc. Even 50s Primetime that I had zero expectations for was solid and we enjoyed it (I honestly thought their chicken was seasoned better than Art Smith's that everyone raves about). And I live in NYC for the record so it's not my palate being weak.

Re: the options at the Poly...to each their own I like the Poly precisely because it doesn't have the same basic food like at the other resorts. Tbh of the resorts I've stayed at only Coronado matches it for onsite options imo. And the Grand is a short walk away if you're not in the mood for Americanized pan-Asian stuff. But I'm not a grab and go sort to begin with, I tend to only go in those refrigerated cases for cupcakes lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter