Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that is awesome! We ventured over to AOA for the first time on our trip a few weeks ago to use the buses for Epcot and HS and loved the look and feel of the resort. We hope to stay there one day.

To anyone dealing with noise issues, you can call guest services and get a box fan delivered to your room. We stay poolside and never have issues with the noise due to fan blocking it out. Just a thought...

I never knew we could request a box fan. Good to know for future trips!

Hi all,

Just stayed at POP from April 22-29th in a preferred room. So I can answer any questions you all might have!

I will say the bell services line was always long except when we arrived. We took a red eye from CA and landed at 6am. We were at POP by about 715 and there was no one in line to leave luggage, which was great! We changed and went to MK and when we came back that night at about 6pm, we had to wait a bit to get our luggage and grocerie delivery. The day we checked out, we waited 40 minutes to drop our luggage off and another 30 when we picked it up to get on the bus. Pop is a busy busy place!

Hi all,

Just stayed at POP from April 22-29th in a preferred room. So I can answer any questions you all might have!

I will say the bell services line was always long except when we arrived. We took a red eye from CA and landed at 6am. We were at POP by about 715 and there was no one in line to leave luggage, which was great! We changed and went to MK and when we came back that night at about 6pm, we had to wait a bit to get our luggage and grocerie delivery. The day we checked out, we waited 40 minutes to drop our luggage off and another 30 when we picked it up to get on the bus. Pop is a busy busy place!

Thanks for this update! Was there the option to have bell services deliver your luggage and grocery delivery to your room without waiting in the line? Can you just call down or is that not an option?

Thanks for this update! Was there the option to have bell services deliver your luggage and grocery delivery to your room without waiting in the line? Can you just call down or is that not an option?

Also, do you know if there was an option to leave luggage in the room for a pick up? Or do you have to drop it off yourself on check out day?

Also, do you know if there was an option to leave luggage in the room for a pick up? Or do you have to drop it off yourself on check out day?

You know I am not sure? But honestly I don't ever remember seeing Bell Services taking anyone their luggage. I saw a lot of people borrow the luggage carts though, so maybe not?

We never thought to try that, we just did it ourselves. Sorry!

They can deliver luggage if you request it and have the time to wait if they are busy. They will also deliver groceries although in the past if an order contained alcohol it had to be picked up in person and ID presented.

We called bell services and had them deliver the luggage to our room on our arrival day. We did not have to be in the room for it to be delivered, so after a short rest, we headed to Epcot for a bit and our bags were delivered sometime between maybe 3pm and 7pm.

Hello! My family and I are staying at POP for the first time in 13 days. We just booked and are so excited. :yay: Only standard rooms were available and in reading through this thread, it appears that there are standard rooms available in the 60s section. Is that correct? If so, is that the best section to request if we’re looking for easy access to the skyliner, bus stop, and magical express?

Hello! My family and I are staying at POP for the first time in 13 days. We just booked and are so excited. :yay: Only standard rooms were available and in reading through this thread, it appears that there are standard rooms available in the 60s section. Is that correct? If so, is that the best section to request if we’re looking for easy access to the skyliner, bus stop, and magical express?
Even if you have rooms in the "farthest part" of POP ('80s, '90s), it's really not that far from anything. Those areas are actually really close to buses if you cut through the parking lot. I really think any area in POP is easily walked from any room.

Yes, the 60's standard rooms are closest to the Skyliner and bus stops but there are not many of them. Second choice if you wish to be close might be the 50's or 70's.

As mentioned by @bffer the resort isn't too large so nothing is too far away. Personally I like 60's and 70's best but each family has their own preferences.

Yes, the 60's standard rooms are closest to the Skyliner and bus stops but there are not many of them. Second choice if you wish to be close might be the 50's or 70's.

As mentioned by @bffer the resort isn't too large so nothing is too far away. Personally I like 60's and 70's best but each family has their own preferences.
I'm with you on that but I have to say I really enjoyed our preferred room on the back side of building 1 in the 50s this last trip. Very quiet, close to everything, and a landscape view. I am not sure if the 60s and 70s have the kind of room I need anymore (tub with handrails), especially on the ground floor which is always my preference.

Can you buy large bottles of Gatorade at the food court or store?
No-Disney only sales Powerade.

For the Powerade,it is available by the bottle on Mobile Order or as Fountain Drinks.

IIRC the 2 available flavors are Mountain Berry Blast and Fruit Punch.

I'm with you on that but I have to say I really enjoyed our preferred room on the back side of building 1 in the 50s this last trip. Very quiet, close to everything, and a landscape view. I am not sure if the 60s and 70s have the kind of room I need anymore (tub with handrails), especially on the ground floor which is always my preference.
Here's the link to a thread about the rooms after the refurbishments that might be helpful to you for future trips. Post 1 is a culmination of all the data collected. Hope it helps!

Also, if you have information to add to that post, please add a comment to the thread and I'll be sure to update Post 1 with your information. Thanks!

A little Skyliner news-the Epcot line won't open until "Midday" tomorrow.

Planned maintenance will delay Disney Skyliner opening on Thursday May 6 (wdwmagic.com)
It was a little eerie leaving Pop for home today and seeing the Epcot line totally empty - not a gondola in sight. The other lines were running normally. I was leaving about 9:30ish.

I had a great time at Pop, as usual, but it was so hot! I actually cancelled my Park Reservation for MK on Tuesday just because of the temperature. I came close to getting sick from the heat on Sunday. I was in my room a couple times when they did “room check”. One was on Tuesday (mid-day), and the other was late one evening, close to 8:00. It does seem like that’s a little late, considering people may have just gotten small children to sleep. I would be interested in knowing if there is a time of day cutoff so people would know it’s safe to put on the pjs and get in bed, but that probably defeats the purpose of the check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter