Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity why this room? I looked up the view on touring plans and it has a big blue icon thing right in front of window.
I'm taking in to consideration the other two people going with me. If I really was out for the view I would be going for the lakeside veiw of the 50's. The most important thing here is the walking distance to the transit at the begining of the day. They wanted to be as close as possible. This is the closest by cutting through the parking lot.

our dates are 9/29-10/7 we love pop and I want the refurb rooms, we've stayed a lot in the 90s and we loved the location cause it's close to buses and food court and parking lot cause we drive. I've never done online ck in, how early can I do this?

our dates are 9/29-10/7 we love pop and I want the refurb rooms, we've stayed a lot in the 90s and we loved the location cause it's close to buses and food court and parking lot cause we drive. I've never done online ck in, how early can I do this?

60 days in advance so I guess you can do it now!

What time do buses start at POP? I have 2 PPO ADRS at MK and Epcot and just wondering how that all works? Also I will have a car. Will it just be easier to drive myself?

Thank you. I hope it goes through Sept. I'd like to be able to participate.

I hope so too. I emailed Disney about it and they said, "All we've heard is that the offer is happening at certain resorts for a portion of the month of August."... which doesn't sound good to me, but I am still holding on hope. It's a good deal for us since it's just my wife and I and we never use housekeeping anyway, and we'll be there for 14 nights, so a free $195 gift card would be nice.

I'm a Pop newbie so I have some questions.

A little background: I've stayed at all the non-DVC resorts except POP and CR so I thought I would give POP a try. I'm traveling solo so that's a big consideration in some of my questions. I usually travel solo to WDW so I'm familiar with other value, moderate and deluxe resorts and the resort layouts.

My trip is planned for Wed 10/25/17-Sun10/29/17 in a Standard room. 4 nights. I have an AP (FL resident) so tickets/dining, etc aren't relevant.

• I would like a renovated room. From what I've read, these are in the 80 and 90s buildings? Any others? I put in a request for a renovated room and I know they are only requests. If I knew what buildings are complete/in progress, I am hoping to get to the front desk and request a renovated room using a building number for my verbal request.

• On the other hand, since, I am traveling solo, I want to be in a room that is in a well trafficked area. Somewhere off in the hinterlands of the resort is not good. I've had really good luck with the CMs at the All Stars with this request.

• Have they put coffeemakers in the rooms yet?

• Anything else I should know?

• I don't need daily housekeeping so does that mean I can get a gift card? Score! if possible!
I appreciate any help you can give. I read the first page and it was very helpful but the pics aren't showing for me and the message for the photos says the original poster's photobucket account needs to be updated to allow 3rd party hosting. I don't know if it's my settings or the person that started this thread.

Last edited:
I'm a Pop newbie so I have some questions.

A little background: I've stayed at all the non-DVC resorts except POP and CR so I thought I would give POP a try. I'm traveling solo so that's a big consideration in some of my questions. I usually travel solo to WDW so I'm familiar with other value, moderate and deluxe resorts and the resort layouts.

My trip is planned for Wed 10/25/17-Sun10/29/17 in a Standard room. 4 nights. I have an AP (FL resident) so tickets/dining, etc aren't relevant.

• I would like a renovated room. From what I've read, these are in the 80 and 90s buildings? Any others? I put in a request for a renovated room and I know they are only requests. If I knew what buildings are complete/in progress, I am hoping to get to the front desk and request a renovated room using a building number for my verbal request.

• On the other hand, since, I am traveling solo, I want to be in a room that is in a well trafficked area. Somewhere off in the hinterlands of the resort is not good. I've had really good luck with the CMs at the All Stars with this request.

• Have they put coffeemakers in the rooms yet?

• Anything else I should know?

• I don't need daily housekeeping so does that mean I can get a gift card? Score! if possible!
I appreciate any help you can give. I read the first page and it was very helpful but the pics aren't showing for me and the message for the photos says the original poster's photobucket account needs to be updated to allow 3rd party hosting. I don't know if it's my settings or the person that started this thread.

Right now buildings 8 and 9 are renovated and open. Building 7 should be opening soon (we think) and building 10 is just getting started.

I can't speak to the traffic patterns in this section as I have never stayed in these buildings.

Coffeemakers are only in the renovated rooms.

As of right now you can ask for the GC in lieu of mousekeeping at the front desk upon check in but they have not released if this test will be made permanent so it could disappear with no notifice.

Hope this helps.

Anybody know when the housekeeping gift card exchange will end?
I fully expect it will end the day before we get there, Tuesday. That seems to be the way things are going for our trip, the great movie ride, Ellen's energy, express bus transportation, splash mountain closing while we're there. Lol. :rotfl2:I do hope it is still going on, but I'm not counting on it.

How many of you have been successful getting a refurbished room when request sent by online check-in, fax, and Call? I know a lot of people use touring plans But I literally cannot spend one more dime on this trip… LOL!

How many of you have been successful getting a refurbished room when request sent by online check-in, fax, and Call? I know a lot of people use touring plans But I literally cannot spend one more dime on this trip… LOL!

Refurbished room is not an option during Online Check In. Your best bet is to call and have it added to your reservation. That's still the most tried and true way.

No, but you can request the 80's and 90's. They are all refurbished.

Yup got that. I have requested 80's through online and put together a fax that I plan to send. I also plan to call. Just wondering how many of the requests have been granted this far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter