Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep wondering if this pool rehab will include a slide and hot tub. Just seems it has been planned for so long. With the queen beds and the gondola if they added a slide and hot tub the only thing missing would be a sit down restaurant, and really that would only be a short gondola ride away.
I’ll admit I’ve wondered the same thing but am not sure there is room for a slide even if they were to increase the depth of the pool? We have never stayed at a moderate resort so I’m not sure the size of the footprint required to add a slide?

Does anyone know how much space would be required to add a slide to Hippy Dippy Pool? Can you see them finding that space?

I’m guessing if they can do that then they could also squeeze in a hot tub.

While I think these could be great additions it would make me sad as it would officially price us out if the resort we love and have stayed at 30+ times. I’m booking a free dining bounceback when we’re in a couple of weeks. Hoping I’m not booking our final Pop stay without really realizing it yet.

I’m not positive about the statuses. I believe all standard rooms at Movies is done because we’re staying there for 1 night next month so I looked up that one. I would recommend going to the resorts board and see if they have update threads there.

Movies are almost done. We stayed in a refurb’d room there in Feb. It was really nice.

Called yesterday to put a request in for a tub room. Very nice CM said it was not an option at POP. I asked him to please put note on room request for me. Thankful for disboards who share the correct information! May have to call back to make sure he put the request in. And I will post pictures if I get a tub room. 10 happy dance going on!

Called yesterday to put a request in for a tub room. Very nice CM said it was not an option at POP. I asked him to please put note on room request for me. Thankful for disboards who share the correct information! May have to call back to make sure he put the request in. And I will post pictures if I get a tub room. 10 happy dance going on!
See you there!

I was given s similar response when I requested a shower only room earlier this week and I also ask her to add it to my notes.

10 days for us too!

I’ll admit I’ve wondered the same thing but am not sure there is room for a slide even if they were to increase the depth of the pool? We have never stayed at a moderate resort so I’m not sure the size of the footprint required to add a slide?

Does anyone know how much space would be required to add a slide to Hippy Dippy Pool? Can you see them finding that space?

While I think these could be great additions it would make me sad as it would officially price us out if the resort we love and have stayed at 30+ times. I’m booking a free dining bounceback when we’re in a couple of weeks. Hoping I’m not booking our final Pop stay without really realizing it yet.
I MIGHT be wrong, but we have stayed Deluxe before and the area where the slide let out (at AKL at least) was maybe 3 feet? My daughter could stand. This is our first stay at POP so I'm not sure how deep the pool is.

While I love a hot tub and it’s one of the main reasons we stay at POFQ, I really hope Pop doesn’t try to squeeze a hot tub into the main pool area. It would just be over run with kids jumping in and out of it all the time. Pop capacity with it’s small footprint is just too much for one measly hot tub IMO. And I think you’re right. A hot tub + slide would be that final push to drive the prices up to level moderate pricing.

Food court question. Are they still serving the waffle fries in the food court? I'm hoping they got rid of them........

Food court question. Are they still serving the waffle fries in the food court? I'm hoping they got rid of them........

They have regular fries now... Honestly the waffle fries were better... It's now really cheap Quick Service fries.

I'm here now. They got rid of them and now you can get regular or sweet potato fries. Much better than the waffle fries in my opinion.
Last visit I asked for half sweet potatoes and half regular and they happily gave it to me. Our meal was HUGE! 3 of shared it and there were still leftovers.

Attachments

• B1ABBC44-C24C-4605-950D-471ABFCDBE6D.jpeg
    B1ABBC44-C24C-4605-950D-471ABFCDBE6D.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 75
I can’t read that very well is there a link to the activities I can click on
Sorry, the images for those calendars are always crystal clear when I download and view them on my phone, but then they get grainy when I upload them here. 🤔

Not sure which sites are OK to link directly on these boards, but I pulled that from the Orlando Park News site. I just Google "Pop Century activities calendar".

Last visit I asked for half sweet potatoes and half regular and they happily gave it to me. Our meal was HUGE! 3 of shared it and there were still leftovers.
That is a great idea. We have had so much food this trip that even my 2 teenage boys who are both over 6 feet tall and 200 lbs were saying there was too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter