Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just returned yesterday from a ten day stay at POFQ. I had been staying exclusively at Pop for a couple years for budgetary reasons, and thought I would be happy to be back at POFQ. But I missed so many things about Pop. I missed the designated bus queues for each park. I missed all the organization in the bathroom. I missed the telescoping door to the toilet room (I hate feeling like I need to stand in the toilet to open and close the door). I missed the barn door to the sink area instead of a curtain. I missed shower stalls instead of shower/tub combos. The room didn’t feel substantially bigger, because I couldn’t get one bed out of the way. I missed the larger safe, big enough for the laptop my job requires I have with me and my personal items as well.

Don’t get me wrong. I had a great vacation at POFQ. But whenever I compared one resort to the other, I found Pop winning most of the time and I was a little surprised at myself.

I could have written this myself. :)

We love Pop and POFQ so we made a last minute decision to switch to POFQ for our 12 night stay. While we enjoyed POFQ like we always do, I found myself missing Pop and the thousand bucks I could have saved had I stayed at Pop. Lol.

We just returned from 10 nights at POP. I am happy to report that we were all pleasantly surprised. We usually stay at moderates and I was very concerned that we would be disappointed with the value resort. We all enjoyed it, especially the rooms. They are clean, bright and a great use of space. Our family consists of 2 adults an 11 year old and a 14 year old. The room size was fine and we didn't feel like we were tripping over each other. We had quiet neighbours, except for our last night when they entered their room at 11:00 yelling and laughing. At 2:00am we heard kids/teenagers running around outside. I made a call and was told they would send security out. Overall it was a great visit and we even booked a bounce back for the same time next year.

I’m here now and I did hear some noise last night, but it wasn’t too bad. We asked for (and received) a fan which was great for white noise.
A box fan? I always pack one, but we're flying this time. I didn't know they would provide those. Did you make the request at the front desk or housekeeping?

Has anyone seen the Halloween mugs in food court yet?

I saw pictures on a FB group that they were out at Coronado yesterday (or possibly Saturday). Someone in that FB group said that they were told by a manager at Pop that they would have them by 9/1. They also said that last year they were out at the moderates about a week before they showed up at the values. Not sure where the deluxe resorts fell.

Last edited:
A box fan? I always pack one, but we're flying this time. I didn't know they would provide those. Did you make the request at the front desk or housekeeping?

Yeah, it’s a box fan. I called housekeeping.

Has anyone seen the Halloween mugs in food court yet?

I haven’t seen them out at pop yet, but I’ll check next time I’m in the food court.

I could have written this myself. :)

We love Pop and POFQ so we made a last minute decision to switch to POFQ for our 12 night stay. While we enjoyed POFQ like we always do, I found myself missing Pop and the thousand bucks I could have saved had I stayed at Pop. Lol.
When I was working full time prior to quitting in 2011 to become a full time babysitter to my granddaughters, my husband and I would occasionally stay at a deluxe resort but mostly moderate. We had never stayed at a value. After staying at Pop we realized that we really liked it! Have stayed there practically every year since. I’m glad we had a chance to stay at a couple of the deluxe resorts but when I think of all the money we spent I could kick myself.

I've stayed everywhere from Grand Floridian to All Stars Music and LOVE Pop. Especially with the renovated rooms where I can keep suitcases under the bed and the new option of the Skyliner, Pop is a fantastic resort option.

Love hearing all of you who love POP. This next trip will be our first at a value. Most people seem to like it there. Being a new skyliner resort is what convinced us to try it.

Just going to "PoP" in here for a quick sec to drop a rumor / not rumor / shouldn't surprise anyone.

Anyway, we just got home from 9 days at POP, and had some issues with check-in that required a manager to deal with us, and well it took a while so we chatted quite a bit. Got on to discussing the new room refurbs and the SkyLiner, etc. and ... room rates. I was saying that the rooms had a much more moderate feel to them now, perhaps better than the moderates, and she replied with something to the effect that their rates were "still" so reasonable. But, it gave the impression that like, she was saying "for now". Anyway, I responded with something to the effect that "You and I both know when the Gondola gets opened these rooms are going to priced like the moderates or more " And I threw out there $200, $250, More ? And she just sort of pinched her lips closed and then made the zipping the lips and locking them gesture ... but again, the acknowledgment was pretty clear that rates would be going up, considerably.

ANyway, we had a great stay, it was our first at POP, loved the food court and the new rooms, and a great upper floor lake view so it was nice and quiet, really a good stay and a pretty decent value ... for now at least :)

Just going to "PoP" in here for a quick sec to drop a rumor / not rumor / shouldn't surprise anyone.

Anyway, we just got home from 9 days at POP, and had some issues with check-in that required a manager to deal with us, and well it took a while so we chatted quite a bit. Got on to discussing the new room refurbs and the SkyLiner, etc. and ... room rates. I was saying that the rooms had a much more moderate feel to them now, perhaps better than the moderates, and she replied with something to the effect that their rates were "still" so reasonable. But, it gave the impression that like, she was saying "for now". Anyway, I responded with something to the effect that "You and I both know when the Gondola gets opened these rooms are going to priced like the moderates or more " And I threw out there $200, $250, More ? And she just sort of pinched her lips closed and then made the zipping the lips and locking them gesture ... but again, the acknowledgment was pretty clear that rates would be going up, considerably.

ANyway, we had a great stay, it was our first at POP, loved the food court and the new rooms, and a great upper floor lake view so it was nice and quiet, really a good stay and a pretty decent value ... for now at least :)

If you look at next year, the rates already look higher to me. There isn’t a whole lot of difference between Pop and the lowest moderate rate.

If you look at next year, the rates already look higher to me. There isn’t a whole lot of difference between Pop and the lowest moderate rate.
We’ll be at Pop in 12 days and also have our trip already booked for next September. It’s costing us $264 more for the exact same package.

We’ll be at Pop in 12 days and also have our trip already booked for next September. It’s costing us $264 more for the exact same package.
Considering how things are these days, that's not bad.
I jumped on airfare when I got a good deal, for April. Let's hope we get a good bounceback or AP discount. If not it will be Disney Springs resort again, which is fine. But I think we will be new fans of POP after our stay in Nov, especially with the(skyliner in full swing (pun intended). :)

I've been playing with numbers for our trip next Sept in anticipation of booking a bounceback in a couple of weeks. @fla4fun is quite right that Pop pricing is already substantially higher than the other Value resorts. Even though many of the All Stars are refurbished similarly to Pop, the nights I was looking at Pop averaged out at $36/night more expensive than the All Star Resorts.

That being said, Pop is still $85 less a night than the moderates for our dates so I'll happily keep returning to our home away from home, Pop!!

I've been playing with numbers for our trip next Sept in anticipation of booking a bounceback in a couple of weeks. @fla4fun is quite right that Pop pricing is already substantially higher than the other Value resorts. Even though many of the All Stars are refurbished similarly to Pop, the nights I was looking at Pop averaged out at $36/night more expensive than the All Star Resorts.

That being said, Pop is still $85 less a night than the moderates for our dates so I'll happily keep returning to our home away from home, Pop!!
I was looking at something other than pop next year to save money which other all stars have been refurbished ?

I was looking at something other than pop next year to save money which other all stars have been refurbished ?
I’m not positive about the statuses. I believe all standard rooms at Movies is done because we’re staying there for 1 night next month so I looked up that one. I would recommend going to the resorts board and see if they have update threads there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter