Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few people have commented on how thin the walls are. We really hope to get a quiet room. I will request a top floor, corner room and hope for the best. Its just the two of us, and we don't want to be next to a lively family with a bunch of small kids!

A few people have commented on how thin the walls are. We really hope to get a quiet room. I will request a top floor, corner room and hope for the best. Its just the two of us, and we don't want to be next to a lively family with a bunch of small kids!

In 4 stays I have never had noise issues. We do travel with a white noise machine for sleep.

Still at airport, waiting boarding. Just spent 12 nights at Pop, booked bounce back offer for August 18th to the 29th. Same room category, etc. Price is $300 more than this year's with one night less.

Please note that a quiet room may be possible one night and then next night you get new neighbors. One morning at around 5, our "quiet" neighbor decided to have a full fledged fight with language flying like crazy. We called front desk.

Pop as well as Magic Kingdom was extremely busy, fully booked at Pop. Any one requesting room preference, they were not able to accommodate due to being fully booked.

Still had great time!!

I’m here now and I did hear some noise last night, but it wasn’t too bad. We asked for (and received) a fan which was great for white noise.

In all our stays at POP, the only time noise was a factor was when my sister's family was our adjoining neighbors :laughing:

Only noise we experienced on our recent trip was a small baby crying next door. Did not happen often and the sound was very faint.

Thank you very much. Just came home yesterday from our week at Pop. Great mousekeeping and had a great trip.

Only thing that negatively impacted me and not by much was that Epcot reminded me of a vacant strip mall.

Hope they update it soon.

Thank you very much. Just came home yesterday from our week at Pop. Great mousekeeping and had a great trip.

Only thing that negatively impacted me and not by much was that Epcot reminded me of a vacant strip mall.

Hope they update it soon.

Well, according to Bob Chapek at D23 Expo this morning, you won’t recognize it a few years from now!

There will be so much updating going on that it might be a real mess for awhile. Its probably going to take a long time though. :(

I just returned yesterday from a ten day stay at POFQ. I had been staying exclusively at Pop for a couple years for budgetary reasons, and thought I would be happy to be back at POFQ. But I missed so many things about Pop. I missed the designated bus queues for each park. I missed all the organization in the bathroom. I missed the telescoping door to the toilet room (I hate feeling like I need to stand in the toilet to open and close the door). I missed the barn door to the sink area instead of a curtain. I missed shower stalls instead of shower/tub combos. The room didn’t feel substantially bigger, because I couldn’t get one bed out of the way. I missed the larger safe, big enough for the laptop my job requires I have with me and my personal items as well.

Don’t get me wrong. I had a great vacation at POFQ. But whenever I compared one resort to the other, I found Pop winning most of the time and I was a little surprised at myself.

That's good to hear! This will be our first time at a value, and I was a bit leery. But we really wanted to stay at a skyliner resort and couldn't pass up the price we were offered with an annual passholder discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter