Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently packing to head to Pop tomorrow and i’m going through my suitcase of Disney trip stuff. I have two power strips in here from back when we had phones and cameras to charge every night. With the refurbed rooms, are there plenty of places to change our four phones overnight? I’m guessing yes and I can abandon the power strips but wanted to ask the experts.

Currently packing to head to Pop tomorrow and i’m going through my suitcase of Disney trip stuff. I have two power strips in here from back when we had phones and cameras to charge every night. With the refurbed rooms, are there plenty of places to change our four phones overnight? I’m guessing yes and I can abandon the power strips but wanted to ask the experts.

Abandon the power strips! Lots of places to charge devices.

Keep the power strips at home. There were SO many places to charge in the room. Have fun!!

I’m waiting for my connecting flight to Orlando and got the email that our rooms are ready. We got exactly the rooms we asked for (fax from touring plans), including connecting rooms! Can’t wait to get to POP in a few hours!!

Nice! We're at the airport waiting to board, and I've been checking for our room assignment all afternoon. I'm excited for our 1at stay at POP!

What is the Fax number if we want to the old-fashioned room request with a Fax? We aren't a subscriber to Touringplans to be able to do it that way! Thanks!

Here now... tonight will be night 12 of 14 in building 10 (70s) with DH, DD8 and DD6.

Things we appreciated about Pop:
  • So many outlets! At least 8 USB alone!
  • Lots of room under the bed, even for our larger suitcases.
  • Lots of places to put clothing for all four of us... drawers, cubbies etc...
  • Large queen sized beds!
  • Might seem strange, but lots of lighting. There are many lights everywhere in the room. No need for a night light.
  • Bus service was A+. A bit more wait for the waterparks, but never too bad, even at park close. That being said, we don't mind standing, have no stroller and are used to taking public buses/trains.
  • We ate about everything on the menu... Favorite for me was the potroast, DH the meatloaf, DD8 the fried chicken and green beans and DD6 the pizza.
My tips...especially for long stays.
  • Bring a toothbrush holder
  • Pack a few hangers... had 10... could have used more. Hanging storage cubes useful at other resort were not here. The closet is small. (Edit: Mousekeeping can bring extras)
  • Ask for extra blankets... sheets are so thin.
  • Bring earplugs... some neighbours can be very noisy. I suspect the lack of carpeting might increase the noise levels.
  • Sit in the area close to the ice cream... always lots of seating, generally cleaner and much quieter.
  • Pool noodles or other pool toys (no inflatables) can be good to pack if you are pool people
  • Loved my reusable straws! Paper straws only at the food court and everywhere else.
We are looking forward to coming back and using the amazing looking Skyliner! What a tease it has been to see it everyday!

Last edited:
Here now... tonight will be night 12 of 14 in building 10 (70s) with DH, DD8 and DD6.

• Might seem strange, but lots of lighting. There are many lights everywhere in the room. No need for a night light.
  • Bus service was A+. A bit more wait for the waterparks, but never too bad, even at park close. That being said, we don't mind standing, have no stroller and are used to taking public buses/trains.
  • We ate about everything on the menu... Favorite for me was the potroast, DH the meatloaf, DD8 the fried chicken and green beans and DD6 the pizza.
  • Pack a few hangers... had 10... could have used more. Hanging storage cubes useful at other resort were not here. The closet is small.
  • Bring earplugs... some neighbours can be very noisy. I suspect the lack of carpeting might increase the noise levels.
  • Sit in the area close to the ice cream... always lots of seating, generally cleaner and much quieter.
  • Pool noodles or other pool toys (no inflatables) can be good to pack if you are pool people
  • Loved my reusable straws! Paper straws only at the food court and everywhere else.
We are looking forward to coming back and using the amazing looking Skyliner! What a tease it has been to see it everyday!

You can ask housekeeping for more hangers. One stay at POP we only had 3 hangers in the room when we arrived. I called housekeeping and about 10 min later they were at the door with about 10-15 hangers.

• Pack a few hangers... had 10... could have used more. Hanging storage cubes useful at other resort were not here. The closet is small.
Glad you’re enjoying your stay at Pop! Thanks for the tips! Lots of great info here!

Just back from our first stay at Pop! I was so pleasantly surprised! We've never stayed at a Value resort and my expectations were pretty low. Happy to say it was fantastic and I will absolutely stay again! We usually stay at moderates/deluxe and I liked Pop so much more than all the mods except POFQ. If we can't stay deluxe, we would choose Pop every trip.
My thoughts...
Pros:
- Perfect size, big enough not to feel crowded, small enough so we could walk everywhere quickly
- Lots of choices in food court. Long lines at busy times, definitely mobile order!
- Fun pool music
- Loved the new rooms. Thought our fam of four would be crowded, we weren't at all
- Tons of storage!
- Great bus service, never waited more than a couple minutes to and from the parks
- The smell in the lobby is to die for!

Cons:
- sheets very thin, the kids were quite chilly and needed two extra blankets
- thin walls, could hear family next door constantly, and they really didn't seem to be being loud, just normal tones
- Not Pop specific, but I really don't like paper straws. They get so mushy. Definitely bringing reusable ones next trip!

A lot of people on another thread are reporting that Disney hotels are no longer providing lotion, paper or pens. Can anyone at Pop now or recently confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter