Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there still licensed taxi's outside of Pop to grab in the morning?
Sorry, I don’t know the answer to that but hopefully someone else here will.

Just a heads up that if you choose a private transportation service to a park prior to them opening their parking lot, there are police there blocking access to the parking toll booths. Until yesterday this was happening until 9:00ish at DHS although yesterday they began allowing guests to line up at the toll booths around 8:45. Not sure if this is a permanent or temporary change.

I wanted to mention this as some have chosen to hire private transportation early and found they got turned away and then by the time they circled back the lines were substantial and it also cost them financially due to the extra time in the vehicle.

A great resource of information for those considering different options to travel from Pop to DHS (in time to presumably attempt to obtain a boarding group) is this thread. It is long but Posts 1 and 2 are kept current and supply a wealth of information.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...planning-and-information-no-spoilers.3782822/

Are there still licensed taxi's outside of Pop to grab in the morning?

The front desk or bell services will call a taxi for you but the taxi isn't as quick to arrive as it used to be. My husband usually takes a taxi to go to the golf course when we are there and he did again for our last trip here in August. Usually the taxi takes 5-10 minutes to arrive and we waited about 20 minutes. The bellman said that the taxi company isn't sending as many out as usual. So if you plan on taking a taxi allow for plenty of time.

So I know this has probably been asked, but can someone share with me any changes in transportation with the buses going to AK, DHS, MK, and Epcot? I would expect 30-60 min before opening, I could take a bus. I believe I read Skyliner starts running a little bit later?

ETA: my trip begins Jan 3

As of today, only the skyliner is running to HS and Epcot. Keep checking as your travel date gets closer. Things are subject to change at any time.

So I know this has probably been asked, but can someone share with me any changes in transportation with the buses going to AK, DHS, MK, and Epcot? I would expect 30-60 min before opening, I could take a bus. I believe I read Skyliner starts running a little bit later?

ETA: my trip begins Jan 3
My understanding is that buses to AK and MK begin running approx 45-60 mins before park opening. That being said, people line up earlier as only 6 groups are currently allowed on each bus. Not sure how many groups they are loading on the articulated buses to the MK.

The Skyliner starts running to DHS around 9am. Not positive what time the Epcot portion starts running from CBR but I think I’ve heard that it’s around 10:15ish.

They seriously need to get those buses and the skyliner up and running much sooner than that. At this point staying onsite is almost a disadvantage if you rely on Disney transportation.
Pre-Covid they did begin transportation much earlier (around 6:30am for all parks in my memory) but things are different now as they are trying to reduce crowds mingling around at the parks with nowhere to go and nothing to do while they wait for rides and attractions to open.

This pic from Jan 2018 makes me cringe now. We were at AK and it was 90 mins before official park opening. The majority of people headed to FoP as is still happening now. If the ride isn’t open a similar (although socially distanced) situation would happen. It’s easier to keep people distanced at the individual resorts and in their vehicles. Also of note, parking lots don’t open until approx 45-60 mins before park opening either.

For this reason Disney is not starting it’s transportation or opening it’s parking lots as early as they did in the past. It’s just an adjustment we need to currently work with.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm confused. I just read someone tried checking in for Christmas?? I did see that there was an option on MDE to start check-in-process. Can we really start that ahead of the trip?? (Again, haven't been to WDW since 1995, and stayed offsite). We'll be there 11/7-11/14. Can I put in a request for a building NOW by starting check-in?

And, even more confused ... the room descriptions for standard state "1 king size bed or 1 queen and 1 queen table pull down bed". Is it:
1 king AND 1 queen pull down bed
1 queen bed AND 1 queen pull down bed?

Or, it is:
1 king bed OR
1 queen bed AND 1 queen pull down bed?

Semantics matter here ;-) It states that it sleeps 4 ... but when you have 4 people the size of my family (11 & 13-yr old are super tall & look like adults), we can't all fit in 1 King bed!!!

THANKS!!!!

Thanks, Scrappinginontario! We have 4 - my husband, me, 11 & 13-yr old. They aren't tiny enough to all squeeze into a King bed anymore! It's hard enough on a nightly basis with the 2 of us in a queen!!

Are we able to start check-in process EARLY? We don't check in until Nov 7th - I'm confused why people are stating that they are trying to check in for THanksgiving/Christmas weeks already.

THANKS!

Thanks, Scrappinginontario! We have 4 - my husband, me, 11 & 13-yr old. They aren't tiny enough to all squeeze into a King bed anymore! It's hard enough on a nightly basis with the 2 of us in a queen!!

Are we able to start check-in process EARLY? We don't check in until Nov 7th - I'm confused why people are stating that they are trying to check in for THanksgiving/Christmas weeks already.

THANKS!
Disney has changed things and you can begin check-in as soon as you book your trip! LOL, I've already checked in for my trip that's still 11 months away. ;)

You may check-in either on the MyDisneyExpress app or online. Options are the same in both locations. Happy planning! :)

Scrappinginontario - stupid question again, I went into check in now for reservation, I get the option to add a credit card, add a pin, then below it says "room requests on file" ... I never made any room requests. Do you know if there is a place on MDE where I can actually make a request??

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Scrappinginontario - stupid question again, I went into check in now for reservation, I get the option to add a credit card, add a pin, then below it says "room requests on file" ... I never made any room requests. Do you know if there is a place on MDE where I can actually make a request??

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
All questions are good questions!

Interesting that it says that. When I look at the details of my 'These Details Are on File' section it includes a hotel PIN but more importantly, our home address. It could be this section has some data for all since your home address would automatically be entered there. I know I have 2 PINs on file for them as I had one when my daughter was younger and then made up one she could easily remember when she was old enough to have charging privileges and use our dining plan credits.

This section for me also includes our room selections which I see are different from what I requested when I spoke with the Cast Member and made them but that's a current known glitch on their system.

Pop has standard rooms in all 5 sections of the resort yet the only 2 options currently on MDE to request are the 50's and 70's. If you want to request the 60's, 80's or 90's I'd recommend calling and asking them to add these to your reservation. I know my details say I've requested 60's and 70's even though it doesn't show that online.

Please keep the questions coming. Lots of people with great information are on this thread to help our fellow Pop peeps!

Does anyone know if the drink stations are open before the opening time of the food court at 7? I was planning to go get some coffee around 6. :scared:

Does anyone know if the drink stations are open before the opening time of the food court at 7? I was planning to go get some coffee around 6. :scared:
Since Cast Members are now serving drinks at the drink stations, I believe those would open at 7am also. There are now coffee makers in each room if that's of any help for your 6am java. :)

No,not even in non-Covid times because Everything Pop Food Court and Everything Pop Shop are not "separated" so if they allowed Guest access to the Food Court they would also have to open up the shop.

Conversely when the All-Star Resorts were open(pre Covid), 24/7 access to the Beverage Islands was available at End Zone,Intermission and World Premiere Food Courts because they are in separate locations from the Shops.

That gives the All-Stars a nice advantage over Pop Century BUT not as nice as the Skyliner!lol

One positive note is the possibility that the new Mug Refill Station at Petals Pool Bar could be 24/7-we will have to wait until the Post-Covid world to find out(wouldn't help with Coffee though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter