Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Cast Members are now serving drinks at the drink stations, I believe those would open at 7am also. There are now coffee makers in each room if that's of any help for your 6am java. :)

Thanks for y’alls (y’all’s?) replies. I guess I’m going to have to rely on the room coffee makers. I had actually thought of brining my French press, but it would be really hard to clean in the hotel room.

Thanks again.

Thanks for y’alls (y’all’s?) replies. I guess I’m going to have to rely on the room coffee makers. I had actually thought of brining my French press, but it would be really hard to clean in the hotel room.

Thanks again.

Having in-laws in Tx, I believe that is an “all y’alls” situation. 🤣🤣

American texted us tonight - our Nov 7 flight is leaving an hour later than scheduled, and our Nov 14 return flight was condensed to a flight 3 hrs earlier 😡 so much for lingering at the pool pre-flight on our last day! But, incoming to MCO flight arrives 1:10pm now, assuming we’d arrive at Pop maybe around 3 for checkin!

We may still pack our single Keurig - won’t take up too much room, and our 11-yr old likes morning coffee & in fall our 13-yr old likes the Starbucks pumpkin spice kcups. May just be easier to throw it in our checked bags with pods than stocking for 4 ppl each day thru housekeeping!

Thanks to all the folks posting about refill cups - sounds like we’ll skip them & get pop (soda, not Pop the hotel! 🤣) delivered to the hotel. For 4 ppl, refill cups would be ~$80, I can order a lot of Diet Pepsi bottles for delivery for a lot less! If we could refill on our own 24/7, that’d be a different decision.

We finally got access to to requests on MDE - 3 tries after loading my credit card, I finally got an option to “edit” room requests, we put in 50s. We are CHECKED IN!! (Still think it is so bizarre to do that ahead of actually arriving!!!)

Question - if I load my Disney Visa Credit card as the default card attached to the Magicband, will I get 10% off where offered? Or do I need to show the card? I know at DLR, they see the Disney card & say “oh, you have the Disney Visa so you get 10% off your $50 or more purchase ...”

I love this thread!! So much to learn about a hotel stay!!

Last edited:
Another fridge question - are the fridges big enough to hold a 1/2 gallon milk jug AND an OJ jug?? (Or carton, the 1/2 gal size). I’ve seen tons of videos, but always when fridge empty - trying to reel in expectations of what we can fit in it!!

Another fridge question - are the fridges big enough to hold a 1/2 gallon milk jug AND an OJ jug?? (Or carton, the 1/2 gal size). I’ve seen tons of videos, but always when fridge empty - trying to reel in expectations of what we can fit in it!!
They would be if you either laid them on their side or took the plastic shelves out. I'm not actually positive you can take the plastic shelves out but I think you can.

Heading to Pop the first week of November. With everything going on and the shorter hours we anticipate spending more time in the hotel room. Are you still able to order groceries to have delivered to your room when you get there? Where can I order from? Amazon Prime, Walmart, etc.? We want to grab some snacks, drinks, and breakfast items so we are prepared.

Also, I know they don't have the dining plan, but do they have the refillable mugs at the resorts?

Trying to be prepared for the changes because of Covid.

I ordered from Garden Grocer (have ordered from them a few times) because I order beer and they don't require you to be there to retrieve it from them. It is a bit more expensive than Amazon Prime or Instacart (which I have used in the past), but this way I don't have to be there when they deliver.

Question - if I load my Disney Visa Credit card as the default card attached to the Magicband, will I get 10% off where offered? Or do I need to show the card? I know at DLR, they see the Disney card & say “oh, you have the Disney Visa so you get 10% off your $50 or more purchase ...”

You still have to show them your Disney VISA card to get the discount even if you have it loaded as your default card on your magicband.

You still have to show them your Disney VISA card to get the discount even if you have it loaded as your default card on your magicband.
ArielRae - THANK YOU!! I would probably have that in my pocket anyway as habit would have me pulling out a credit card instead of using the MagicBand.

RaySharpton & Scrappinginontario - THANK YOU for the photos! I had seen photos, but having the measurements AND seeing a carton of OJ/Milk helps think about what we want to have in the fridge. We're not huge breakfast eaters on vacation but for Disney mornings, we'll need light sustenance - coffee, an OJ, half a PBJ, something simple. And we do like snacks like hummus & salsa to keep in the fridge :-)

My understanding is that buses to AK and MK begin running approx 45-60 mins before park opening. That being said, people line up earlier as only 6 groups are currently allowed on each bus. Not sure how many groups they are loading on the articulated buses to the MK.

The Skyliner starts running to DHS around 9am. Not positive what time the Epcot portion starts running from CBR but I think I’ve heard that it’s around 10:15ish.

It was surprisingly few. I don't remember exactly, but it was only 1 or 2 more sections, if any. There's a lot of standing room and not actually that many seats.

It was surprisingly few. I don't remember exactly, but it was only 1 or 2 more sections, if any. There's a lot of standing room and not actually that many seats.
Thanks!

Just a heads up for those traveling soon, my understanding is that they are re-numbering the seating in the buses and more guests are being boarded onto these buses. There are now 10 sections in the re-numbered buses. The empty seats that used to be beside the plexiglass partitions appear to have been removed with the exception of those at the very back of the bus, beside the seats that face forward.

Thanks!

Just a heads up for those traveling soon, my understanding is that they are re-numbering the seating in the buses and more guests are being boarded onto these buses. There are now 10 sections in the re-numbered buses. The empty seats that used to be beside the plexiglass partitions appear to have been removed with the exception of those at the very back of the bus, beside the seats that face forward.
I would like to see them become more consistent with the number of parties so you can count and estimate how many buses you have to wait through before you can board one. The few buses I rode the end of August already had ten sections, but I was only on one bus type, and there are a few different ones. I wonder how they are handling the buses that have the two by two classic bus seating and have two sets of face to face seats over the rear wheels. Those seats in the back were always tight, especially the back row that doesn’t go all the way across the bus. I also wonder how they are handling the ones that have either the single or double seat right behind the driver, but separated from the other seats. As a solo I always liked getting the single seat behind the driver, but I didn’t see one of those last trip. They can probably pick and choose from the fleet based on which buses they can fit the most people on without crowding them.

I would like to see them become more consistent with the number of parties so you can count and estimate how many buses you have to wait through before you can board one. The few buses I rode the end of August already had ten sections, but I was only on one bus type, and there are a few different ones. I wonder how they are handling the buses that have the two by two classic bus seating and have two sets of face to face seats over the rear wheels. Those seats in the back were always tight, especially the back row that doesn’t go all the way across the bus. I also wonder how they are handling the ones that have either the single or double seat right behind the driver, but separated from the other seats. As a solo I always liked getting the single seat behind the driver, but I didn’t see one of those last trip. They can probably pick and choose from the fleet based on which buses they can fit the most people on without crowding them.

I posted some photos on the disability forum that a friend took for me showing one of the four bus configurations to help those afraid to go to help visualize how things are different looking. Some families are having issues with their elderly parents being reluctant of the changes.

They have those photos you were talking about

Here is that link.

Post #406 & post #407-WDW Bus Six Group Seating Areas for the bus with Purple Seats after Re-Opening during COVID-19 - PHOTOS - from a friend - October 10, 2020.

That might change in the future as mentioned by scrappinginontario.

The one bus with purple seats has the front seat configuration you were talking about.

There difference in the four different four WDW bus seating configurations and design related to physical distancing.

For example, the following link below.

Post #416 & post #417-WDW Bus Six Group Zone Seating Areas for the bus with Orange Seats after Re-Opening during COVID-19 - PHOTOS - from a friend - October 1, 2020.

I realize this isn't important to most, but those that are handicapped and wanting to have maybe the last vacation with loved ones need some visualization help using a rented or owned mobility scooter.

Better for them to see their grandchildren's smiles in the parks instead of staying at home.

Now, I just need photos of the WDW blue seat bus and the WDW articulating bus.

Last edited:
Leaving in the morning for disney and our first ever stay at pop century! We usually stay at all star movies but i am super excited to try a new resort on this surprise mommy daughter trip!! (She still has no clue!! She finds out once we are in the car tomorrow! Shes probably going to say why arent we headed towards school... my reply will be we are skipping school and headed to disney!)

Leaving in the morning for disney and our first ever stay at pop century! We usually stay at all star movies but i am super excited to try a new resort on this surprise mommy daughter trip!! (She still has no clue!! She finds out once we are in the car tomorrow! Shes probably going to say why arent we headed towards school... my reply will be we are skipping school and headed to disney!)

Awesome surprise! I was never able to keep my big excited mouth shut long enough to pull that off with my kids!

Have an amazing trip!! I surprised my daughter once and her reaction was the best! One of our favourite videos to watch!!

Enjoy your first stay at Pop!!

Bookings are now open for the MK 50th Anniversary Celebration. I just booked POP for 9/29/21 to 10/3/2021.
Rack rates were $187, $197, $249 and $249 pre-tax, or $992.25 for room only, and $797 for two 3 day base tickets.
Package came to $1772.24 for two adults requiring a $200 deposit. Made park reservations at MK for 9/30 and 10/1...

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...1-BTl5Ji48uL7yC_qEcvNMKmvIHJ1esHjdF7O5iz2PULE
I just made my PCR reservations, too.

November 28 to December 16 for 2021 next year.

I decided to pay a little more for a Standard Pool View.

I have to plan this far in advance since finding all my nights and requiring a Wheelchair accessible with a roll-in shower and a 1 queen bed and 1 queen sleeper table can be difficult to get even by the first of the new year.

The rack rates were:
$182.00
$197.00
$202.00
$231.00
$288.00

The nightly racks increased each week and on Fridays and Saturdays.

As I get older, I tend to stay longer.

And I usually only go every December.

I can't believe they said to make the park reservations for 14-months after paying the deposit. I like to plan, but I'm still making dining reservations for this December 2021...lol.

Last edited:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...1-BTl5Ji48uL7yC_qEcvNMKmvIHJ1esHjdF7O5iz2PULE
I just made my PCR reservations, too.

November 28 to December 16 for 2021 next year.

I decided to pay a little more for a Standard Pool View.

I have to plan this far in advance since finding all my nights and requiring a Wheelchair accessible with a roll-in shower and a 1 queen bed and 1 queen sleeper table can be difficult to get even by the first of the new year.

The rack rates were:
$182.00
$197.00
$202.00
$231.00
$288.00

The nightly racks increased each week and on Fridays and Saturdays.

As I get older, I tend to stay longer.

And I usually only go every December.

I can't believe they said to make the park reservations for 14-months after paying the deposit. I like to plan, but I'm still making dining reservations for this December 2021...lol.
Yeah, I thought making park reservations over a year in advance was sort of insane, but I went ahead and did it anyway. I have 8 park days, so I just grabbed 2 for each park. Once they tell us what things might actually be happening next December, I can always rearrange things to suit whatever Christmas events I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter