• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our experience with by passing check-in didn't go well:guilty:. I had received the email saying that we were set up for the by-pass, but we didn't get a text before we arrived, so we went to the desk for regular check-in. We did arrive at 9:30 am, so that may have been an issue. My friend wanted to attach her own credit card to her magic band so her charges wouldn't go on my account. We went ahead and added that, which did not work.....it all go billed to me anyway. At that point they told us the room wasn't ready and we would get a text when it was with the room number and location. We did receive the text about 3 hours later. I'm hoping when I stay at Music in May we will get the room text before we arrive at the resort, otherwise what is the point?!?! They have the information about your arrival time, so they should text you before your stated arrival time with a notice that telling you whether or not your room is ready.

If check in time is 3:00 PM, why would you expect to get a text before 9:30 letting you know about your room? Don't mean to belabor it, but did Disney do anything wrong regarding the room assignment and meeting the expectation that you would receive a text when the room was ready? Not sure if that is a reason to say that your experience with bypassing check-in didn't go well. You chose to check in early and before the posted check in time. As far as the credit card issue, can't comment on that. But Disney sets the expectation that typically rooms will not be available before 3 PM. This time of year, you're probably not going to get lucky with a room available at 9:30 AM. No where does it state that you will get a text that your room is NOT ready, only when your room IS ready. Go to the parks, go get something to eat, wait for the text and then go to your room when you get the text that it is ready. The point is you don't NEED to go to the front desk unless there is something you need to take care of such as your cc issue.

If check in time is 3:00 PM, why would you expect to get a text before 9:30 letting you know about your room? Don't mean to belabor it, but did Disney do anything wrong regarding the room assignment and meeting the expectation that you would receive a text when the room was ready? Not sure if that is a reason to say that your experience with bypassing check-in didn't go well. You chose to check in early and before the posted check in time. As far as the credit card issue, can't comment on that. But Disney sets the expectation that typically rooms will not be available before 3 PM. This time of year, you're probably not going to get lucky with a room available at 9:30 AM. No where does it state that you will get a text that your room is NOT ready, only when your room IS ready. Go to the parks, go get something to eat, wait for the text and then go to your room when you get the text that it is ready. The point is you don't NEED to go to the front desk unless there is something you need to take care of such as your cc issue.

When you complete online check-in one of the areas you fill-in is your arrival time, so they do know approximately what time you will be there. I think if they have this information, they should probably text you before your stated arrival time to let you know if your room is ready or not. I know it is still a new addition to the system and won't always work perfectly. I was just hoping, since they had my arrival time in their system, that I would get some sort of notification around that time so I would know whether to go to the parks or drop stuff off in my room.

Jumping in here! I just convinced DH to do an anniversary trip in May! We've never stayed onsite before and now it looks like we'll be doing it twice this year, once just the 2 of us and then later in the year with the family. :) Our May trip will be at POP. I have a question about beds though. I know king is difficult to get, so I'm not expecting one. But do all the other rooms have 2 double beds? We don't mind if we have to sleep in separate beds, but it will be squishy if we have to share 1 double.

How do you go about getting the other person in the room a different pin code and their credit card added?

I did online check in and it made me pick the pin code for the other person in my room which is not a family member(which I made the same as mine) and I have a credit card attached to my pin code. I need their credit card attached to their magic band

I would go to the desk when you are there. We did this for my sister and my brother in law. Mine was all set up, but they wanted to charge to their card. We checked a few times to make sure it was ok.

How do you go about getting the other person in the room a different pin code and their credit card added?

I did online check in and it made me pick the pin code for the other person in my room which is not a family member(which I made the same as mine) and I have a credit card attached to my pin code. I need their credit card attached to their magic band

We tried this last week when we were there. My friend wanted her charges to go on her own credit card and not the room bill. We stopped by the front desk and they added her credit card added to her magic band. Unfortunately it didn't work! When we got the email with the room bill after we had left the resort all of her charges had been added along with mine. If you do this you might want to stop by the front desk a day or two into your trip and get then to print out all of your charges so you make sure they are going to the correct credit cards.

We tried this last week when we were there. My friend wanted her charges to go on her own credit card and not the room bill. We stopped by the front desk and they added her credit card added to her magic band. Unfortunately it didn't work! When we got the email with the room bill after we had left the resort all of her charges had been added along with mine. If you do this you might want to stop by the front desk a day or two into your trip and get then to print out all of your charges so you make sure they are going to the correct credit cards.

We did almost daily. Better safe than sorry. That's too bad it never worked for you and your friend.

Jumping in here! I just convinced DH to do an anniversary trip in May! We've never stayed onsite before and now it looks like we'll be doing it twice this year, once just the 2 of us and then later in the year with the family. :) Our May trip will be at POP. I have a question about beds though. I know king is difficult to get, so I'm not expecting one. But do all the other rooms have 2 double beds? We don't mind if we have to sleep in separate beds, but it will be squishy if we have to share 1 double.

Have a happy anniversary trip ! We will be there at POP celebrating our 5th anniversary from May 9th - 15th !

Hi there! My head is slightly spinning, but we've booked Pop for November, the week before Thanksgiving.

I have a son who is autistic that LOVES bowling pins. So I'm thinking of requesting a 50's room. We've booked standard. Are there rooms in the 50s that can see any of illuminations? Or where should we be to see that?

ETA: On the other hand, just how far is it from some of those 50's rooms to the transportation? I wonder if I'm not thinking of my parents who will be coming with us.

Also, why do so many like upper rooms? Just curious what the reason behind it is.

THanks in advance!!!!

Last edited:
Hi there! My head is slightly spinning, but we've booked Pop for November, the week before Thanksgiving.

I have a son who is autistic that LOVES bowling pins. So I'm thinking of requesting a 50's room. We've booked standard. Are there rooms in the 50s that can see any of illuminations? Or where should we be to see that?

ETA: On the other hand, just how far is it from some of those 50's rooms to the transportation? I wonder if I'm not thinking of my parents who will be coming with us.

Also, why do so many like upper rooms? Just curious what the reason behind it is.

THanks in advance!!!!

I believe its the 50's section lake view rooms that you can see illuminations from. the best view would be from the 4th floor. But, the 4th floor is also a popular request because they tend to be the most quiet.

If you have a 50's section lake view room you will be pretty far from the buses and Classic Hall. Nothing unmanageable, but if anyone in your party has mobility issues its something to think about.

THanks in advance!!!!

I would request 50s room close to transportation. It will not be lake view but it will be close to the FC and transportation. One year we had 2 rooms off to the side and it was great. I think it was DHs favorite location.

11 days and counting and we will be staying at POP for the first time!!! We have stayed at ASMO, AOA, and CBR. I am very excited about pop. We got a standard pool view room. So excited!!!:flower1:

We will be there for 9 days, and I am a coffee drinker. Is is worth it to get the refillable mug? How's the coffee?

Does anyone ever bring a coffee maker for in the room. We will have 4 coffee drinkers and it would save time and money to be able to make a pot each morning.

Cases of water? I saw a thread that some resorts are selling cases of water for around $6.50. Has anyone seen these at Pop recently? We always ship water but it would be so much easier just to be able to purchase a case.

Does anyone ever bring a coffee maker for in the room. We will have 4 coffee drinkers and it would save time and money to be able to make a pot each morning.
We bring our mini coffee pot every time. We still do the meal plan and get the mug but what we don't like is when we finish our coffee and have to carry the mug around in the park. So we also buy the throw away cups to take with us to the park. We love it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter