Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi we are going to have (well hoping to have) 2 connecting rooms. One room will need space for a scooter, but only needs to use 1 of the beds. Where is the best place to put the scooter? I saw a video review online of the rooms, and it seems like space is a bit tight.
Space is a bit tight getting it into and out of the room but once in we find it doesn’t take up too much room We’ve always parked it under the window. Cord fits and there is room to use both beds if desired.

Hi we are going to have (well hoping to have) 2 connecting rooms. One room will need space for a scooter, but only needs to use 1 of the beds. Where is the best place to put the scooter? I saw a video review online of the rooms, and it seems like space is a bit tight.
Space is a bit tight getting it into and out of the room but once in we find it doesn’t take up too much room We’ve always parked it under the window. Cord fits and there is room to use both beds if desired.
I appreciate this thread so much! I forgot we had this issue upcoming and this is good to know!

I appreciate this thread so much! I forgot we had this issue upcoming and this is good to know!
We had 2 scooters and we found it easier to maneuver in and out if the second bed was up but it wasn’t impossible with the bed down, just a bit more challenging . The first night my parents had both ECVs in their room but after that we put 1 in each room and it allowed them extra space to move around.

Lack of RAC is a real inconvenience, especially since we plan on go to the park on check out day (flight is at 8:20pm). How busy is bell services typically around 7am to drop off (assuming they are open that early) and 3:30pm to pick up our luggage?

I'm assuming DME will pick us up around 5, so figured that should give us enough time to retrieve our luggage.

Lack of RAC is a real inconvenience, especially since we plan on go to the park on check out day (flight is at 8:20pm). How busy is bell services typically around 7am to drop off (assuming they are open that early) and 3:30pm to pick up our luggage?

I'm assuming DME will pick us up around 5, so figured that should give us enough time to retrieve our luggage.
Luggage services is open 24/7. It has potential to be busy/quiet at any point. Personally I would plan on it being busy from 7AM - 11 PM. If it’s not - bonus!

At 7AM you have people like yourself dropping off as well as those who are driving in and dropping off luggage before going to the parks. You may also have some guests who arrived on extremely early flights.

I think 3:30 has a bigger potential to be busy as people are dropping off and picking up luggage.

Luggage services is open 24/7. It has potential to be busy/quiet at any point. Personally I would plan on it being busy from 7AM - 11 PM. If it’s not - bonus!

At 7AM you have people like yourself dropping off as well as those who are driving in and dropping off luggage before going to the parks. You may also have some guests who arrived on extremely early flights.

I think 3:30 has a bigger potential to be busy as people are dropping off and picking up luggage.

Thanks, and good to know they are 24/7! That is why we are planning to be back 2 hours before our DME...I would hope that is sufficient without having the anxiety of getting our bags in time before the bus departs.

Thanks, and good to know they are 24/7! That is why we are planning to be back 2 hours before our DME...I would hope that is sufficient without having the anxiety of getting our bags in time before the bus departs.
Giving yourself a nice cushion means there will be no wait for your luggage. That's just the way it works! After a hot day at the parks, it's nice to be able to get your luggage, clean up a bit (maybe even changing clothes) so you're more comfortable for travel. Have a fun trip.

So I need my memory refreshed. I have seen a lot of posts about mobile ordering and that you can select a credit card or gift card for payment, so I understand that. If we pay our TS meal with our Magic Band, does that get charged to our room and then I can stop by the lobby at POP and pay those charges with cash or GC?

So I need my memory refreshed. I have seen a lot of posts about mobile ordering and that you can select a credit card or gift card for payment, so I understand that. If we pay our TS meal with our Magic Band, does that get charged to our room and then I can stop by the lobby at POP and pay those charges with cash or GC?
Yes, although normally your charges will be charged by Pop to your cc every 4 or 5 days of your trip so you will want to visit Guest Services at Pop sooner than that date to save the charges going to your cc.

Yes, although normally your charges will be charged by Pop to your cc every 4 or 5 days of your trip so you will want to visit Guest Services at Pop sooner than that date to save the charges going to your cc.

On a related note, if you go to guest services a day later (after they charge your CC) will they refund the CC and take the GC as payment? Obviously it will tie that money up before it is refunded, but just curious in case we forget to swing by to pay with a GC and they already charge the CC.

On a related note, if you go to guest services a day later (after they charge your CC) will they refund the CC and take the GC as payment? Obviously it will tie that money up before it is refunded, but just curious in case we forget to swing by to pay with a GC and they already charge the CC.
I don't believe they will do that. I asked on one occasion and it was too late but that's just my experience. Possibly others have a different experience?

If you're planning on paying with a GC, is it an option to use that GC at the restaurant so that you don't need to worry about charges going to your cc?

I try to avoid CC charges as we are International visitors so CC charges incur an additional exchange fee.

I don't believe they will do that. I asked on one occasion and it was too late but that's just my experience. Possibly others have a different experience?

If you're planning on paying with a GC, is it an option to use that GC at the restaurant so that you don't need to worry about charges going to your cc?

I try to avoid CC charges as we are International visitors so CC charges incur an additional exchange fee.
When we were there in 2018 or 2019 (can’t remember which trip) we forgot to use one gift card and they allowed us to use it and refunded our card that had already been charged. In a more recent experience, I was able to call and get a reservation deposit changed to a gift card and refunded to a credit card a month or two after the initial charge. I did pay off the trip at that time - don’t know if that made a difference.

24 days until we arrive at Pop! We are so excited. My son cannot wait to ride the skyliner for the 1st time. Our flight lands super early at 5:30 am. We are going to leave our luggage with bell services. Using Instacart for water and stuff. Then head off to DS for shopping and lunch reservations at The Boathouse.

Does handicap scooters have separate lines for the skyliner
I’m especially interested what you have to do at Pop Century station

I, too, take a late flight out on departure day to get another few hours in the parks. Sure will miss just dropping my bags and not thinking about them until I get home.

This trip (end of September) will be my first without the luggage service. I'm planning on getting back to POP 90 minutes before my DME time to get my bags.

I, too, take a late flight out on departure day to get another few hours in the parks. Sure will miss just dropping my bags and not thinking about them until I get home.

This trip (end of September) will be my first without the luggage service. I'm planning on getting back to POP 90 minutes before my DME time to get my bags.

thats what we did in March and had time to relax with some beverages while we waited for the tragical express.I would have rather sat around awhile waiting on the bus than miss the bus waiting in line for my bags.

Does handicap scooters have separate lines for the skyliner
I’m especially interested what you have to do at Pop Century station
ECV's and wheelchairs have a separate loading zone for the Skyliner. I believe you wait in the same line as everyone else until you get to a spot where they will move you to the ECV/wheelchair entrance. (Someone please correct me if this is not right).

When it comes to loading the Skyliner, there are cars that pull onto a separate track and come to a full stop for boarding and disembarking ECV guests and the rest of their party from the cabin. Once loaded your cabin will move back onto the regular cable. With the exception of the Riviera station, all WDW stations have this pull off area.

24 days until we arrive at Pop! We are so excited. My son cannot wait to ride the skyliner for the 1st time. Our flight lands super early at 5:30 am. We are going to leave our luggage with bell services. Using Instacart for water and stuff. Then head off to DS for shopping and lunch reservations at The Boathouse.
Just be aware that MOST places at Disney Springs don't open until after 10 am... I don't think there are buses until about that time..

ECV's and wheelchairs have a separate loading zone for the Skyliner. I believe you wait in the same line as everyone else until you get to a spot where they will move you to the ECV/wheelchair entrance. (Someone please correct me if this is not right).

When it comes to loading the Skyliner, there are cars that pull onto a separate track and come to a full stop for boarding and disembarking ECV guests and the rest of their party from the cabin. Once loaded your cabin will move back onto the regular cable. With the exception of the Riviera station, all WDW stations have this pull off area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter