Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

I wonder if it's where you're logging in from possibly? I just checked both the app and online and am offered a choice of either 50's or 70's. The app could differ from country to country as I'm signing on in Canada.
i just checked app and website and I still only see 50’s as the only option for a section……very strange. I wasn’t requesting an area anyway. I just thought it was odd I’m only getting one option and didn’t know if anyone else had seen this

i just checked app and website and I still only see 50’s as the only option for a section……very strange. I wasn’t requesting an area anyway. I just thought it was odd I’m only getting one option and didn’t know if anyone else had seen this
I have an upcoming stay at Pop Century and it is giving me the options (on my laptop) to request either 50s or 70s...here in Massachusetts.

I just looked again, I’m going to try to attach a pic. Now I’m just so curious why it’s only me😂648552

Lol! Weird but nobody really knows!! It looks like you scrolled up as I know for me 70’s is at the bottom but when I put my scroll where yours is I can see 70 at the bottom. No idea!! you are a standard room, correct? Not a standard pool view room?

Thankfully a phone call will allow you to place a request.

Did a one night stay before transferring to Swan to save some money and use the Skyliner for EP. First Pop stay, AP rate preferred pool view. I was standard room but checked again about 90 days out and an AP rate had opened for preferred, then about 2 weeks out a preferred pool popped up.

takeaway: would absolutely use as a first night on-site stay again if not sleeping in, would not stay for multiple days (small room, thin walls not my jam), people trying to get to 8:30am DHS EMH are waaay too late bc showing up at Skyliner at 8:15 but 9:30 EP EMH folks are close to on time.

Details:

Didn’t know the pool had music until 10pm but that was fine for us. Took bus to DS that night, no issues. Rainy day and night so I was glad we had a close to lobby room & the rain made a nice white noise background when sleeping. Of course when that noise was still going when we woke up and there was no rain I realized it was the pool fountains 😂 Request for 2 queenwas honored.

I knew from DIS DHS & EP are opening EMH like half an hour early so we got up early for our EP day. As a result the noises through the thin walls of others getting up early didn’t bother us, but if I wanted to sleep in I would have been bummed. Dropped bags at bell services to transfer to Swan. Took longer than I expected but it wasn’t bad and Pop is a huge resort so I get it. Luggage transfer is un-signed, don’t wait in the luggage storage line like I did, go to the front of bell services.

Line for Skyliner looked long but moved fast. I was pretty depressed hundreds of people just from Pop/AoA we’re gonna beat me to EP. And then I remembered DHS existed and like 95% of those folks transferred to the DHS line so we walked right on to the EP buckets. But yikes were those some upset people when they found out they had to get in line behind CBR guests for DHS. Hit EP about 9:05am for 9:30 EMH. Saw some people standing in line in the park outside the Rat area. We were held a security about 5 mins and then joined the RAT line. Rat started around 9:20 and 20 mins later we were boarding.

Just a quick note: Guests wishing to go to the parks for Early Theme Park Entry are recommended to arrive at Pop transportation 90 mins before ETPE begins.
I haven't been to Pop since the skyliner opened, but I used to arrive at bus transpo approx 1 hr before early entry and was good. Guessing significantly fewer buses running at Pop now with skyliner. But would also guess I could still arrive at an All Star bus an hour out and be OK. Perhaps the popularity of the skyliner is working against guests. And paying more at Pop as a value resort than at AS resorts with just bus transpo. Don't get me wrong, Pop is a great resort. I def see the value of the skyliner to get to back entry of Epcot for Rat. But the skyliner is a big draw and perhaps too much of a good thing. :confused3

I haven't been to Pop since the skyliner opened, but I used to arrive at bus transpo approx 1 hr before early entry and was good. Guessing significantly fewer buses running at Pop now with skyliner. But would also guess I could still arrive at an All Star bus an hour out and be OK. Perhaps the popularity of the skyliner is working against guests. And paying more at Pop as a value resort than at AS resorts with just bus transpo. Don't get me wrong, Pop is a great resort. I def see the value of the skyliner to get to back entry of Epcot for Rat. But the skyliner is a big draw and perhaps too much of a good thing. :confused3
The recommended 90 mins is for all resorts based on what people are reporting for months in the Here Now and Just Back thread. Guests arriving at transportation 60 mins in advance often find long lines for buses or Skyliner so miss arriving at opening.

I have a question. We are booked preferred room and it states this on the website-1 Queen Bed and 1 Queen-Size Table Bed or 1 King Bed. We want to have 2 separate beds. Do I need to request 2 queen beds? It will be myself and 19 year old granddaughter. We definitely do not want to sleep in a king bed together 😂.
I’m also thinking about switching to a standard and requesting a lake view, but I’am afraid we will get far away from everything and not even get a lake view. How likely are we to get a lake view?

I have a question. We are booked preferred room and it states this on the website-1 Queen Bed and 1 Queen-Size Table Bed or 1 King Bed. We want to have 2 separate beds. Do I need to request 2 queen beds? It will be myself and 19 year old granddaughter. We definitely do not want to sleep in a king bed together 😂.
I’m also thinking about switching to a standard and requesting a lake view, but I’am afraid we will get far away from everything and not even get a lake view. How likely are we to get a lake view?

There are very few King rooms at Pop. Less than 5% are King and many of those are accessible so you will most definitely be able to get a room with 2 queen beds. If by very rare chance you are assigned a King room you may request to be moved to a queen room but you shouldn’t need to do this.

You may request a lake view room but there is no guarantee you will receive it. If you do, many are in good locations but some are further away if you are in building 2.

There are very few King rooms at Pop. Less than 5% are King and many of those are accessible so you will most definitely be able to get a room with 2 queen beds. If by very rare chance you are assigned a King room you may request to be moved to a queen room but you shouldn’t need to do this.

You may request a lake view room but there is no guarantee you will receive it. If you do, many are in good locations but some are further away if you are in building 2.
Thank you! I have one more question 😬. I’m trying to figure out a room request. I’m looking at the map of the 60’s and see the elevators are in the center area. My question is are the yo yo’s on the ends stairs?
Nevermind just found some pictures 😁.

Thank you! I have one more question 😬. I’m trying to figure out a room request. I’m looking at the map of the 60’s and see the elevators are in the center area. My question is are the yo yo’s on the ends stairs?
Nevermind just found some pictures 😁.
Just a heads up that the 60’s section is the most popular request for room locations and it also has the least number of standard rooms. A request for a specific building/decade may be made but is not guaranteed.

There are great rooms in other eras too just in case you’re placed in a different building.

Haven't stayed at Pop since the Skyliner. Is it still possible to take buses to DHS? If so, would you still recommend being in line for the bus 90 mins prior to ETPE? Do they even run that early? Thanks in advance for the reply.

Haven't stayed at Pop since the Skyliner. Is it still possible to take buses to DHS? If so, would you still recommend being in line for the bus 90 mins prior to ETPE? Do they even run that early? Thanks in advance for the reply.

No buses to DHS or Epcot when the Skyliner is running. There are rumors that buses are running from AoA to those parks, but the few times I tried back in November they weren't. And yes 90 min prior is still recommanded. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter