Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Can anyone comment on the Skyliner line with HS and EP opening at basically the same time now for ETPE? I know we were just commenting on it upthread but that was when HS opened at 8:30 and EP opened at 9:30...I can only imagine how they were this morning! This starts today, Monday Feb 28 so that I don't confuse someone with both opening around 8-8:30. Thanks!

Can anyone comment on the Skyliner line with HS and EP opening at basically the same time now for ETPE? I know we were just commenting on it upthread but that was when HS opened at 8:30 and EP opened at 9:30...I can only imagine how they were this morning! This starts today, Monday Feb 28 so that I don't confuse someone with both opening around 8-8:30. Thanks!
I'm very anxious about this too! I imagine it will be so bad for the Pop/AoA people!

Does anyone know what time the buses start running to Magic Kingdom from Pop? I have the Keys to the Kingdom tour booked for 8am (and they say to arrive at 7:45). I'm not sure if they run early enough to get me there in time. I'm happy to get Lyft but know that it drops off at the TTC and that might be also cutting it close with the time the monorail starts running.
I’m staying at POP now and did the bus to MK for early hours this morning. I was at the bus stop at 7:20a and the line was quite long, almost the the ‘P’ in POP and it zigzagged three times before getting to the railings. There was close to ten minutes with no movement, then busses started coming regularly. I forgot to check the time I actually arrived at the park, but it was 8:30a when I was in line at PP. so give yourself plenty of time.

I did the Skyliner to HS early hours yesterday, I think I got to the Skyliner around 7:45a and the line was pretty short. The line at the transfer point was even shorter. I was in line for Runaway Railroad before it started up at 8:30. I think I was probably just behind the big rush of early people.

Would there be space on the floor to put a narrow air mattress (twin)? My youngest moves around a lot and I'm considering him sleeping on an air mattress instead of sharing with his sister. We can move it on top of the bed or under the bed during the day.

Would there be space on the floor to put a narrow air mattress (twin)? My youngest moves around a lot and I'm considering him sleeping on an air mattress instead of sharing with his sister. We can move it on top of the bed or under the bed during the day.
I’m in my room right now and I don’t see enough floor space for an air mattes that wouldn’t block getting out the door. This is a picture of the space over by the door, my second bed is up so it probably looks roomier than it really is.

Attachments

• 03138A5A-BD39-4512-9B83-48371CC3331F.jpeg
    03138A5A-BD39-4512-9B83-48371CC3331F.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 40
For those curios about buses I paid better attention to time this morning. I got to the bus stop at 6:54 and the lines for MK and AK filled their chained queue areas. There was an AK bus waiting. The first MK bus came at 7:10 and by then the line was stretching down to the decade numbers. The second AK bus came at 7:15z

For those curios about buses I paid better attention to time this morning. I got to the bus stop at 6:54 and the lines for MK and AK filled their chained queue areas. There was an AK bus waiting. The first MK bus came at 7:10 and by then the line was stretching down to the decade numbers. The second AK bus came at 7:15z
Thanks so much for sharing this! Appreciate the numbers. People often question why they should arrive at transportation 90 mins before park opening and your great post shows why 90 mins min is recommended to be towards the front of the ETPE crowds.

I have not experienced this personally, but I have seen a few trip reports and pictures and there is room for a twin size mattress between the fold-down bed and the front wall. It's a tight fit and will be right against the wall and bed and will block the door, but it fits. The pictures I've seen have been of a standard height air mattress so it actually was slightly under the edge of the fold-down bed.

Does anyone know what time the buses start running to Magic Kingdom from Pop? I have the Keys to the Kingdom tour booked for 8am (and they say to arrive at 7:45). I'm not sure if they run early enough to get me there in time. I'm happy to get Lyft but know that it drops off at the TTC and that might be also cutting it close with the time the monorail starts running.

If you decide to use Lyft/Uber, have them take you to The Contemporary rather than MK. Then you can just walk over to MK.

EDIT: Thanks for all the replies. I am all set on coffee pods. 👍

Does anyone have the name or a link to the type/style of coffee pods used in the coffee makers? I would like to bring some with us. Thank you!

Last edited:
Does anyone have the name or a link to the type/style of coffee pods used in the coffee makers? I would like to bring some with us. Thank you!
Amazon has a few choices - use "coffee pads".

I make them myself so I can have the coffee I like.

Here’s a picture of the coffee maker and a pod, it is Joffrey’s.

Attachments

• 989629FD-1668-4C9E-BFC9-DFA7315EA1F0.jpeg
    989629FD-1668-4C9E-BFC9-DFA7315EA1F0.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 17
We returned from our FIRST ever stay at Pop (and my first ever stay at a value) on Saturday, February 26, 2022. A few thoughts and some rambling about our two day stay.

I had requested a room in either 60s or 70s on the first floor. We received 80s but did get a first floor corner room next to the parking lot. Initially, we were not pleased although it suddenly dawned on us that we would not be schlepping luggage through the resort since the car was basically within eyesight of the room. Yep, the walk to anywhere was quite the hike, but we were okay with that since it was a short, two day stay on our way home. I had scored an AP rate for the standard room and our room was ready within 15 minutes of our arrival at 1:30 p.m. (darn I-4 traffic put us way behind schedule).

We did NOT purchase Genie + and it is doubtful that we will do so in the future given the track record of inability to book the "good rides" early in the day AND its constant failure/glitches.

The Skyliner, as previously noted, garners quite the queue in the pre-park ETPE times. We arrived plenty early and the queue was all the way down the lake path to the bowling pins. All worked out and we made DHS by 8:10 a.m. or so and we were queued for our first ride on TOT by 8:15 a.m. Clearly, the early arrivals were already through security/gates and at their first attractions as well. TOT and RnR were our only goals for the day and we accomplished that and nothing more due to the exceptionally long queues for every attraction by 9:00 a.m.--yes, it was packed and as noted all over the boards--crazy busy! As noted above, no Genie + and, from reports on the same days we visited; we did just as well getting these two rides within a one hour time period with a short wait than most did with scheduling Genie + LLs.

The Skyliner will get you to your destination timely provided you are willing to get there early. While I am not sure exactly the time we queued, it was definitely after 7:00 a.m. due to my DH's pokey morning. :rolleyes1

We did not rope drop EPCOT since that was our arrival morning, but we did ride the Skyliner to EPCOT both evenings of our stay and it was an unremarkable trip both ways. We did exit EPCOT prior to the end of HarmoniUS so we did not have to encounter the mass exodus at park close.

Our bed was comfy, the room clean and we had no noisy neighbors out there in the boondocks. We were pleasantly surprised at the space and LOVED the shower heads! We did need more coffee and sadly had to walk to the front desk to get it requested--no one would answer the phone when we called from the room. :confused3 No one did a room inspection and our trash was not removed while we were guests.

We also had issues with charging on our MBs even though all the information was copacetic in MDE. We went to the desk and it was allegedly all fixed. You can guess what happens next--went to EPCOT and it didn't work when we went to Hurricane Hanna's for a visit/cocktail with our favorite bartender. Finish our vist/drinks and off to EPCOT guest services. The charging error was quickly resolved and it was noted that Pop GS did not "fix" the problem, but created more of an issue. Once the EPCOT GS rep worked his magic, we had no further charging issues.

Our weather was spectacular--record highs and the pool was nice and warm. We did not like the Skyliner and the amount of time it took to transport to and from--it is not a great deal of time, but just not pleasant for us. We are used to Boardwalk area resorts and the ability to walk to EPCOT or DHS--we control our own destiny for at least two parks. We are not fans of buses from any location, but an evil we tolerate. We did not experience the bus service from Pop due to our short stay.

We really have no complaints about the resort, but I highly doubt we will return--never say never, but I don't envision it. Thanks for the thread! It was helpful in getting us around the unfamiliar resort on a first visit!

Or just bring starbucks via or another instant coffee and only heat the water through the coffee maker :)

I know Wi-Fi signals are terrible but how have the phone data signals been? Has anyone been able to get 5G? I have Verizon service fwiw.

I used data when we were at WDW in Jan/Feb and had zero challenges either at Pop or in the parks.

My daughter used Disney wi-fi. She was okay at the resort but found it cut out different times in the parks but not as often as it used to.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter