Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

How have you all done Instacart or Garden Grocer re: timing on your arrival day (do you have to be in your room for both of these?). I know Instacart can take a few hours, and delivery times can be uncertain , so what did you do during these hours while you were waiting (assuming there isn’t time to go out and do anything)......

ALSO, do standard rooms have a mini fridge and microwave or just mini fridge? Thanks!!

What rooms have fireworks views?
This information is in the first posts but fireworks views are potentially the upper floor(s) of buildings 2, 3 and 4 but there is no guarantee. Depending on which room you are assigned there are often trees in the way.

This is a picture taken looking towards the lake from a 4th floor room, building 4 which shows the amount of foliage around many buildings.

Last edited:
Is luggage pickup from bell services still having crazy lines? We have a late flight our last day so we'll just hang out at the resort but want to make sure we allow enough time to grab our bags.

How have you all done Instacart or Garden Grocer re: timing on your arrival day (do you have to be in your room for both of these?). I know Instacart can take a few hours, and delivery times can be uncertain , so what did you do during these hours while you were waiting (assuming there isn’t time to go out and do anything)......

ALSO, do standard rooms have a mini fridge and microwave or just mini fridge? Thanks!!
I did Instacart last month. We scheduled it between 4-6pm. They delivered the order to bell services and when we returned from the park we called bell services for them to deliver. We needed to be in our room for bell services to deliver. As a note we did not have alcohol in the order. That may change things because some delivery services require you to be there when they deliver orders with alcohol. We will definitely do Instacart again for snacks/drinks in the room and not rely on Everything Pop.

Is luggage pickup from bell services still having crazy lines? We have a late flight our last day so we'll just hang out at the resort but want to make sure we allow enough time to grab our bags.
Sometimes the line is crazy long. It kind of depends on when you go to pick up your bags. When is your last day and what time do you need your bags by?

We did Garden Grocer and I just picked the earliest delivery time of the day. When we were in our room later, I just called down and asked for someone to deliver. It didn’t take long at all. You have to be in the room to receive the order. Super simple process. Because I used garden grocer I sent my license to garden grocer ahead of time so alcohol delivery was no issue.

Can guests still have the gift shop at POP ship things home for you? This was so convenient for me after all the things I bought from the Festival of the Arts in January 2020. I plan to do this again with all the 50th Anniversary things I plan to purchase!
We stopped in the gift shop earlier today and were able to have my son’s light saber that he built at Savi’s shipped home for a fee as long as we had the receipt showing we had purchased it on property.

That is correct. That machine rarely had ice in it the past 10 days we were there and many times it was out of whatever we were trying to get. Super convenient, though, when it’s operating properly.
I am going to attribute that,like a lot of things right now at WDW,to being understaffed.

I am thinking there is a Groovy College Program Cast Member arriving at Disney's Pop Century Resort soon who will take care of this problem. :)

I am going to attribute that,like a lot of things right now at WDW,to being understaffed.

I am thinking there is a Groovy College Program Cast Member arriving at Disney's Pop Century Resort soon who will take care of this problem. :)

I think that's what everyone is hoping for. It might still take a few weeks to have enough DCP CMs throughout the resorts and parks to make any noticeable difference. The pictures I've seen of welcome events and Traditions from this week look to have about 150 people in the group (the room for traditions definitely didn't have more than about 180 chairs -- if that. We'll have to see how many are moving in this week. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the first week arrival group on the small side to better work through the kinks of both Flamingo Crossings and the return of the program in general.

Is Pop currently using all resort rooms or has limited capacity? We have reservations in Oct. and another family wanted to reserve but there are none available so they booked elsewhere. I just thought if Pop wasn't using full capacity yet then maybe there would be a chance to get a room if more opened later. Thanks!

Is Pop currently using all resort rooms or has limited capacity? We have reservations in Oct. and another family wanted to reserve but there are none available so they booked elsewhere. I just thought if Pop wasn't using full capacity yet then maybe there would be a chance to get a room if more opened later. Thanks!
Pop has been operating at capacity to the best of my knowledge since last year.

I think that's what everyone is hoping for. It might still take a few weeks to have enough DCP CMs throughout the resorts and parks to make any noticeable difference. The pictures I've seen of welcome events and Traditions from this week look to have about 150 people in the group (the room for traditions definitely didn't have more than about 180 chairs -- if that. We'll have to see how many are moving in this week. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the first week arrival group on the small side to better work through the kinks of both Flamingo Crossings and the return of the program in general.
We were watching some of the "move in videos" at FC and the CPs are SO excited to be back!

FC is AMAZING - I want to stay there!LOL

We were watching some of the "move in videos" at FC and the CPs are SO excited to be back!

FC is AMAZING - I want to stay there!LOL

Me, too! My DD is looking forward to staying there next year (hopefully) when she does the DCP after graduation. She was supposed to do the Fall2020 program (but we all know what happened there) -- but Fall2021 didn't work with her college schedule as she's doing an internship and doesn't want to give that up. And to stay on topic for this thread, she'd love to be assigned to a job at Pop because she loves Pop & AoA so landing at either one of those resorts would be great for her! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter