Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Yes, standard rooms are scattered throughout Pop, in every building. You can request a room close to the Skyliner but it is not guaranteed. These rooms are the most popular and there are the fewest standard rooms in these buildings but it’s worth asking.

We’re on the Sunshine Flyer right now headed back to the airport. We were on the 4th floor of building 3, overlooking the water. Not as close to things as @jmparry was but still close. We were happy with our location.

I took this picture to show how a) a ‘lake view’ does not guarantee a view of the lake, even from the 4th floor and b) to share for those who have not stayed at Pop how there are exterior corridors

View attachment 645048

This picture was just a few rooms down so in Jan without leaves on the trees the view of the lake was much better.

View attachment 645043
Thank you for the pictures. Im
not real worried about the view. I just hate long walks to our room.

Yes, standard rooms are scattered throughout Pop, in every building. You can request a room close to the Skyliner but it is not guaranteed. These rooms are the most popular and there are the fewest standard rooms in these buildings but it’s worth asking.

We’re on the Sunshine Flyer right now headed back to the airport. We were on the 4th floor of building 3, overlooking the water. Not as close to things as @jmparry was but still close. We were happy with our location.

I took this picture to show how a) a ‘lake view’ does not guarantee a view of the lake, even from the 4th floor and b) to share for those who have not stayed at Pop how there are exterior corridors

View attachment 645048

This picture was just a few rooms down so in Jan without leaves on the trees the view of the lake was much better.

View attachment 645043
Do you recommend Sunshine Flyer? I’m lost since magic express is gone.

Thank you for the pictures. Im
not real worried about the view. I just hate long walks to our room.
Ideally buildings 4 and 5 are closest to both. 3 and 6 are good too. By the end of the night every step counts. I asked it I could purchase an Ill$ to have the Skyliner fly over a bit and drop me in my bed!! ;)
Do you recommend Sunshine Flyer? I’m lost since magic express is gone.
I would! Our experience was excellent! I will be writing more in the Sunshine Flyer thread on the transportation board.

Ideally buildings 4 and 5 are closest to both. 3 and 6 are good too. By the end of the night every step counts. I asked it I could purchase an Ill$ to have the Skyliner fly over a bit and drop me in my bed!! ;)
I would! Our experience was excellent! I will be writing more in the Sunshine Flyer thread on the transportation board.
Ok thanks! I didn’t know there was a thread.

View attachment 645048

View attachment 645043
Our room was facing the lake, but our view was also20220131_155936.jpg blocked. I wasn't looking for a lake view, just Skyliner proximity!

Pop's food court is definitely more varied than a year ago. Not quite back to the old normal, but better than right after reopening!

Great tip about the microwaves, thank you.
We were just looking at the menu. Is the menu on the Disney site correct?

Does the skyliner from pop century get you to HS and Epcot in time for early entry? How are the skyliner lines in the morning?

Does the skyliner from pop century get you to HS and Epcot in time for early entry? How are the skyliner lines in the morning?
They most definitely do! We rode to Epcot a week ago today and DHS a week tomorrow. Still recommend arriving at Skyliner at least 90 mins before ETPE (but preferably more) to be ahead of the crowd.

Our experience Sun, Jan 30:
- Epcot ETPE ‘official’ opening time was 9:30 AM
- we arrived at Skyliner at 8:05. Lined up beside splash pad but line was moving well
- on Skyliner at 8:30
- Through security and lined up by 9:05
- on ride at 10:00
- off ride by 10:07

I’m surprised looking back at times that it took us almost 2 hours from room to riding but it didn’t feel like it!! We could have ridden earlier if we’d arrived earlier as the line was quite lengthy by the time we got there. Personally, next time for Epcot ETPE we would aim to arrive at Skyliner 2 hours before ETPE. Since it’s the last park to open, a lot more people up and ready to go.

This was our Skyliner line at 8:05AM:

Skyliner from Pop to Caribbean Beach to DHS seems to start around 7:15-7:20am.

Be warned, if you're going to Epcot you will hang out in the corral at Caribbean Beach for an hour before that line starts unless you have a dining reservation somewhere.

Skyliner question: Has anybody staying at Pop had any luck taking a bus from MK or DS to Caribbean Resort and get dropped off at the Skyliner stop? Is there a Skyliner stop? As a disabled senior, trying to save steps any way I can :)
Thanks for any input!

Skyliner question: Has anybody staying at Pop had any luck taking a bus from MK or DS to Caribbean Resort and get dropped off at the Skyliner stop? Is there a Skyliner stop? As a disabled senior, trying to save steps any way I can :)
Thanks for any input!

I don't *think* the buses go anywhere near the Caribbean Beach skyliner.

You could take a bus to Riviera – it should drop you off in front. The Skyliner station is semi-attached to the main building. I've hopped off the Magical Express there and ridden the Skyliner to Pop.

Thanks for any input!
We took the Skyliner from Pop to Caribbean Beach last week and then took the bus to Disney Springs. It was at least a 10 min walk from the Skyliner station to the bus stops.

Thanks for any input!
Maybe ask on the CBR thread. I *think* the Jamaica stop is close to the Skyliner station, but I've never one directly from bus to Skyliner or vice versa, so not sure about distance

We got in a bus at Caribbean beach right at the skyliner when it was down but I don’t think they have busses there unless the system goes down. The skyliner from Caribbean beach to the park wasn’t working so they had a continuous line of busses picking people up. It was during social distancing times on the busses so it was quite the process

Thanks for any input!
We have taken the bus from the parks to Art of Animation and then walked back to Pop. That’s probably not much more walking than going to another resort and taking the skyliner.

Thanks for any input!
If you’re comfortable sharing, why would you prefer to add an extra stop from a park to Pop rather then take a bus directly from MK or DS to Pop?

Shower question: Are the showers near the pool open? I'm contemplating a late-day departure from Pop in August, and the thought of getting on a plane after sweating in the parks all day is rather gross.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter