Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Recreation calendar for February 2022:

View attachment 646052

View attachment 646053
I like how they are now "cross advertising" between Pop Century and Art of Animation.

It really adds to the "feeling" of Pop Century and Art of Animation being one BIG Resort(as originally intended when Pop Century-The Legendary Years was going to go where Art of Animation now sits).

Sharing the Skyliner Station has also added to the one BIG Resort "feel"

(One BIG Resort except for Pool Sharing of course!!!! :))

Posts on page 1 have been updated. Luggage, Scooters, Strollers and Grocery Pick Up and Drop Off are now in a post of their own with updated pictures and more information.
From what I have checked out about Pop you are really doing a great job keeping it updated! Some others I have tried to get information from are not so great.
I think it is one of the best I have seen😁

From what I have checked out about Pop you are really doing a great job keeping it updated! Some others I have tried to get information from are not so great.
I think it is one of the best I have seen😁
Thanks so much @maryj11! I enjoy keeping the information as current as possible to help people with their planning.

Others here are also wonderful at supplying updated information which makes things easier. It's a team effort. :)

If anyone has questions about Pop, I'll be happy to answer any I can from our trip last week.

Thanks so much @maryj11! I enjoy keeping the information as current as possible to help people with their planning.

Others here are also wonderful at supplying updated information which makes things easier. It's a team effort. :)

If anyone has questions about Pop, I'll be happy to answer any I can from our trip last week.
You’re welcome! You have been a big help!

You're so welcome! My pleasure!!

Google is my friend and I tend to look for many things using it. :) For the map I looked for 'Map of Magic Kingdom bus stops'. I will say the one I found was out of date as it was showing stations when all the resorts were open so I just copied the map and marked on it where the Pop stop was located last week.

We found we used the Skyliner often! It was the very first thing we wanted to do after having been there 5 times while it was being built so we took it from Pop to DHS and then took a bus from DHS to the MK as it was after 1:30 PM.

Another day we had breakfast booked at the Contemporary. I was going to do bus to MK then monorail to Contemporary but it was my daughter who suggested Skyliner to DHS then bus to Contemporary. That was a great route and so glad she suggested it!

As prepared as I was for this trip, I quickly realized that 2 years of working from home has given me 'baby feet' and they were screaming by the end of day 2. (LOL, I guess that happens when you go from 4,000 steps a day to 22,000! :crazy2: ) For me, that was the most challenging part of this trip but thankfully by half-way through they were improving thankfully.

For anyone preparing to go, we've all heard this but it's worth repeating, taking time to walk and prepare physically before your trip is a great tip I wish I'd taken more seriously!
Thanks again for your detailed response!
I did a ton of research yesterday so we can be prepared for our trip. I guess it will depend on how many steps I have taken during the day and how tired I might be before deciding which way to get back to Pop but at least I know I have options! :thanks:
:love:

Hi! Was wondering what time you typically have to get in line for the skyliner if you want to rope drop either HS or EP?
Having been there last week I would say a minimum of 90 mins before ETPE begins but honestly, if you want to be towards the front of the crowd I would be there even earlier than that.

This was the line we faced when we arrived 85 mins before ETPE hours for Epcot on Sun, Jan 30th: https://youtube.com/shorts/fQnVbRueF3Q?feature=share. The line moved constantly but it still took us a little more than 20 mins to board the Skyliner at the Pop station.

Last edited:
Having been there last week I would say a minimum of 90 mins before ETPE begins but honestly, if you want to be towards the front of the crowd I would be there even earlier than that.

This was the line we faced when we arrived 85 mins before ETPE hours for Epcot on Sun, Jan 30th: https://youtube.com/shorts/fQnVbRueF3Q?feature=share

Wowser! That is ridiculous and then you get on the Skyliner and change for Epcot only to end up at the back of the queue again at CBR?

I am amazed each time we have visited for the last trips pre-Covid and now post-Covid on several occasions at the early morning crowds. In the "good old days", a minimal and manageable number of people rope dropped. Now, it seems, everyone rope drops and it is like the running of the bulls at park opening or ETPE.

Since the advent of the Skyliner, the IG at EPCOT has become a nightmare for those staying in the Boardwalk area unless you are queued up at the gate at least an hour before opening thus avoiding all of those on the Skyliner. Prior to the Skyliner, you could mosey/meander over a half an hour pre-opening and still be one of the first 20 or so folks through the gate.

That said, we are staying for the first time ever at Pop really soon. We aren't going to arrive on day one until well after rope drop at Epcot so no worries there. It will be an issue for DHS the next day. . .:headache:

I actually do have a question about Pop. We will be driving (another first) and so won't need to store luggage BUT we will have beverages that will require refrigeration if the room is not yet ready. Does the limited bell services at Pop have cooling storage capabilities?

This is a short two day trip at the tail end of a visit to Atlanta and Naples. We have never stayed at Pop, but it was available and we don't need much for two days--the Disney visit is how my husband got me to agree to the driving portion from Atlanta to Naples and back to Orlando.

Wowser! That is ridiculous and then you get on the Skyliner and change for Epcot only to end up at the back of the queue again at CBR?

I am amazed each time we have visited for the last trips pre-Covid and now post-Covid on several occasions at the early morning crowds. In the "good old days", a minimal and manageable number of people rope dropped. Now, it seems, everyone rope drops and it is like the running of the bulls at park opening or ETPE.

Since the advent of the Skyliner, the IG at EPCOT has become a nightmare for those staying in the Boardwalk area unless you are queued up at the gate at least an hour before opening thus avoiding all of those on the Skyliner. Prior to the Skyliner, you could mosey/meander over a half an hour pre-opening and still be one of the first 20 or so folks through the gate.

That said, we are staying for the first time ever at Pop really soon. We aren't going to arrive on day one until well after rope drop at Epcot so no worries there. It will be an issue for DHS the next day. . .:headache:

I actually do have a question about Pop. We will be driving (another first) and so won't need to store luggage BUT we will have beverages that will require refrigeration if the room is not yet ready. Does the limited bell services at Pop have cooling storage capabilities?

This is a short two day trip at the tail end of a visit to Atlanta and Naples. We have never stayed at Pop, but it was available and we don't need much for two days--the Disney visit is how my husband got me to agree to the driving portion from Atlanta to Naples and back to Orlando.
Re: Back of the queue at CBR: we did not face this going to Epcot. It was an easy transition from one to the next. There are times it gets lined up but is not always the case and even when it does, the line move efficiently

Pop Century has just shy of 3,000 rooms and AoA has almost 2,000 rooms. Right there it equals a lot of guests moving to the parks. We have stayed at Pop many times and are normally very impressed with transportation.

Yes, the Skyliner has been a game changer but for those of us who love Pop, it's a game changer in the very best way!! A whole new world has opened to us and eases getting to the parks.

Please take the time to read posts on page 1 as the information there is current. Post 7 shows where grocery storage area is. Yes, you may store items that require refrigeration there.

Pop has a ton to offer and I hope you're pleasantly surprised by the resort people here know and love!

This was the line we faced when we arrived 85 mins before ETPE hours for Epcot on Sun, Jan 30th: https://youtube.com/shorts/fQnVbRueF3Q?feature=share. The line moved constantly but it still took us a little more than 20 mins to board the Skyliner at the Pop station.
Interesting that they are now "funneling" the Skyliner right down the "middle" of the 1960s.

They had been forming the line along the Hourglass Lake walkway by the 1960s and on down toward the 1950s.

They would place "Wait Times" along the walkway.

It seems like the line was more "out of the way" with the "old" setup.

There were no wait time signs last week but honestly, it depended which day it was, which way the line went as it was up to those in line to form it. Our first day it went through the 60's but the second day it went along the lake, towards the 50's section.

Re: Back of the queue at CBR: we did not face this going to Epcot. It was an easy transition from one to the next. There are times it gets lined up but is not always the case and even when it does, the line move efficiently

Pop Century has just shy of 3,000 rooms and AoA has almost 2,000 rooms. Right there it equals a lot of guests moving to the parks. We have stayed at Pop many times and are normally very impressed with transportation.

Yes, the Skyliner has been a game changer but for those of us who love Pop, it's a game changer in the very best way!! A whole new world has opened to us and eases getting to the parks.

Please take the time to read posts on page 1 as the information there is current. Post 7 shows where grocery storage area is. Yes, you may store items that require refrigeration there.

Pop has a ton to offer and I hope you're pleasantly surprised by the resort people here know and love!

Thanks! I have read the entire thread--I didn't recall the "refrigeration storage" information. We are always up for something new although neither of us are exceptionally high on the Skyliner. Maybe a stay will change our minds.

Thanks! I have read the entire thread--I didn't recall the "refrigeration storage" information. We are always up for something new although neither of us are exceptionally high on the Skyliner. Maybe a stay will change our minds.
Sorry, you're correct that the thread doesn't specify 'refrigeration', it only indicates grocery drop off and pick up, which includes refrigeration. I can add that to clarify it for others. Thanks for you input. Off to update it now.

In the morning if we’re a bit late for ETPE
and the skyliner is backed up. Would it make sense to drive to Epcot or HS?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter