Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I'll be bringing Halloween decorations to make my room scary/fun! We'll be there 10/21 - 10/28.

We'll be there from 10/20 - 11/4...we will also be decorating our windows a little bit! Mostly, 2 little lamps (mickey head and halloween pumpkin) so I can pick out my dang room at night when I'm exhausted from the parks! LOL

Thanks for taking the time on vacation for the update!! I wonder if you take the 'no housekeeping' incentive how you get new towels/soap/etc. can you just request towels? Grab some from the cart? I could go a week with the same sheets (maybe). But I'm on vacation - I don't want to make beds!! Enjoy your day.
I was wondering that as well. Also what about trash? Those cans are so small and we sometimes eat breakfast in the room.

We'll be there from 10/20 - 11/4...we will also be decorating our windows a little bit! Mostly, 2 little lamps (mickey head and halloween pumpkin) so I can pick out my dang room at night when I'm exhausted from the parks! LOL

Awesome! I'll have pumpkin Yoda, plus lights and window clings.

Does anyone know if Disney allows those cling-to-the-wall hooks that come away without damaging the wall? I have a lovely Halloween wreath that I'd love to put on our door.

Awesome! I'll have pumpkin Yoda, plus lights and window clings.

Does anyone know if Disney allows those cling-to-the-wall hooks that come away without damaging the wall? I have a lovely Halloween wreath that I'd love to put on our door.

I doubt it's a written rule that you're not allowed to bring one, but I'm sure that if somebody asked you about it you could tell them what it was and they would probably be okay with it.

Just switched from POP to POFQ! We'll be there from Dec 7-11 before our Dream cruise - celebrating our one year wedding anniversary. DH has no idea and I'm hoping I can keep it a secret until we get on the ME lol. It's our first time staying at POFQ and have read so many great reviews! CAN'T WAIT! :love:

I wonder how the new prime rib is

This grabbed my attention. Prime rib you say? At Floatworks? That would be awesome. I'll definitely be trying it when we visit next weekend.

We were there over July 4th. We had prime rib at Boatwrights and it was very yummy. Of course, we were full up from lunch at Chef Art Smith's. This was on our first day there. Live and learn. At least we were on the DDP so the cost was covered but, for my future knowledge, we won't plan it that way again.

We were there over July 4th. We had prime rib at Boatwrights and it was very yummy. Of course, we were full up from lunch at Chef Art Smith's. This was on our first day there. Live and learn. At least we were on the DDP so the cost was covered but, for my future knowledge, we won't plan it that way again.
Is the prime rib and other stuff from that part of the menu (Southern Classics) available all day or only at dinner? All the Disney website menu says is available until 10PM. Thanks!

Is the prime rib and other stuff from that part of the menu (Southern Classics) available all day or only at dinner? All the Disney website menu says is available until 10PM. Thanks!
Boatwright's is the table service restaurant at POR. They are only open for dinner.

thanks for the prime rib update we were wondering..... oops we were wondering about the prime rib at french quarter

Looking to see if anyone has a pricing list of the grocery items sold at POFQ's Jackson Square Gifts?

Debating between grocery delivery or buying at the resort and want to compare prices. :)

Thank you in advance!

thanks for the prime rib update we were wondering..... oops we were wondering about the prime rib at french quarter
I had to go back through pictures. I did have prime rib at Sassagoula. On our Animal Kingdom day, I got sick so we ate back at the resort. They call it a meat and three. I don't recall it being available at lunch.

Boatwright's is the table service restaurant at POR. They are only open for dinner.
I misread the other post and did not register Boatwright's. I just saw Prime Rib and knew it was also on the Sassagoula menu and was wondering when that one was available.

Is anyone planning a pofq trip going to food and wine before sept 9?

I would love to have 2 of the F&W passports and if someone is willing to leave a few at the front desk for me I would be happy to pay or gift you in return!

If anyone hears about the timing of a soft goods refurbishment, can you please post info?

Thanks

Only 174 days til we visit POFQ for the first time pixiedust:

If anyone hears about the timing of a soft goods refurbishment, can you please post info?

I already did I thought? Early 2018 is the best date yet, I can't be any more specific as they are still finalising the details, but it won't be before the New Year anyway.

Andre

Was it any good ?
Prime rib was good at both restaurants. Here's the thing, and thanks again for the reminder, it costs so much less at Sassagoula, you serve yourself by waiting in line, and if you are on a meal plan, it's a quick service credit vs a table service credit. The sides are different, but still good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter