Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We used to go Nov but we have switched to early Dec. Think we will stay with POFQ, hoping the BB at AKL will include FQ .. we cheated, we are staying at a deluxe... sorry POFQ , but you are our home resort since the year you opened, we will never leave you, see you in dec and again for a 2018 stay ... lol thx Andre

Last edited:
Oh no. I love the POR/FQ rooms. It seems with the new refurbs they are taking out fans and all the small resort specific Disney touches and making all rooms look sterile :sad1: To me they look like they could be rooms anywhere.
Glad to hear about new beds anyway. Hope they're more comfortable. I'm a side sleeper and always had hip pain with PO mattresses.
Taking out the FANS??? oh no i dont want to hear that, i NEED that fan i like FQ for that reason

Quick update. We are curretly here at POFQ. They changed out our mattresses yesterday morning in room 7140 corner and they're doing other rooms as well. Just an FYI.
This room is great. They are still offering the mouskeeping discounts. We got $75 off our 6 day stay and you can still call the front desk for free trash, towels, sheets and tp delivery.
we loveee that room, we always try to stay in bldg 7 on the river , we wont be there till Dec of 2018 i guess the matresss wont be so new then lol have funn

Is anyone keeping track of which rooms are getting new mattresses first? That could impact which room/bldg we request for our stay in a month!

Thanks for the report! I arrive on Sunday. Did you request the no housekeeping option at check in?
I did online check in but still went to the front desk. They give you a gift card and the amount depends on length of stay.

Free trash?! How thoughtful! :rotfl2:

But seriously, this is interesting info that you can call to get those services, especially the trash removal as that has been a big concern expressed. So I am now trying to think/remember what all housekeeping does besides these tasks and making beds - do they vacuum and clean the bathroom each day? And, I guess they "tidy up" the room/bathroom?
They'll still do any normal housekeepingdecibel for free. You just have to call for it when you need it.

They'll still do any normal housekeepingdecibel for free. You just have to call for it when you need it.
Can you still request a extra fridge
and fans? Or did that go away too.
How are the pillows? The ones we had were either to soft or to hard.
Thanks

Can you still request a extra fridge
and fans? Or did that go away too.
How are the pillows? The ones we had were either to soft or to hard.
Thanks
Not sure about the fridge. Fan was still in our room. Pillows IMO were awful. They felt like the unsupportive cheap ones you put in decorative shams.

So what did y'all do for pillows? Call front desk??
Thank you.
They worked out good for our DDs of 6 and 9 so we just put up with them.
Another note off subject , I really wanted to try the prime rib sometime during our stay but the carving station at Floatworks was closed 5 of our 6 nights there, for whatever reason.

They worked out good for our DDs of 6 and 9 so we just put up with them.
Another note off subject , I really wanted to try the prime rib sometime during our stay but the carving station at Floatworks was closed 5 of our 6 nights there, for whatever reason.
Thank you. Guess we too will put up with them for 8 nights. If the carving station is open during our stay, we will let you know.
Arriving August 26-Sept2. Anything else?
Thank you again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter