Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

we just booked POR for a quick 3 nighter starting 11/6. We've never stayed there before and I booked a std view. Is there a request I should make for a certain building so we can be in the mansions side instead of alligator bayou? :scratchin

we just booked POR for a quick 3 nighter starting 11/6. We've never stayed there before and I booked a std view. Is there a request I should make for a certain building so we can be in the mansions side instead of alligator bayou? :scratchin
Yes, you can request either Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace.

Yes, you can request either Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace.

Thank you! I did my online check in and I only saw a place to choose floor or corner window. I was hoping to see a place to put in a message for a particular building. Is there a best way to request the building?

Thank you! I did my online check in and I only saw a place to choose floor or corner window. I was hoping to see a place to put in a message for a particular building. Is there a best way to request the building?

You can call the Main Reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation. Or you can fax in your requests. Details about faxing in room requests are in post #1 of this thread.

Fax the room assignor. As Dansdad said, the info is on pg 1, along with resort maps. I fax around 4 days before arrival.

Sorry if this was brought up earlier in the thread - there's a lot of info to delve through! We're staying at POR for the first time at the end of November and I'm looking at the room requests now, and the only options are "Ground Floor", "Higher Floor" and "Corner Room". Are the corner rooms any bigger or smaller than the others? Is there any advantage/disadvantage to them?

Sorry if this was brought up earlier in the thread - there's a lot of info to delve through! We're staying at POR for the first time at the end of November and I'm looking at the room requests now, and the only options are "Ground Floor", "Higher Floor" and "Corner Room". Are the corner rooms any bigger or smaller than the others? Is there any advantage/disadvantage to them?

The only differences are that you get 2 windows and you only have a person on one side of you. The room is identical.

Here now and in room 9545. Room is lovely. Royal, garden view. Easy walk to food court and transportation per request. Quiet as well. Only downside is zero cell service for AT&T. Made a few work calls interesting and I'd like to FaceTime my family and hope wifi will carry me. Other than that, absolutely wonderful!

Also, mouse keeping left us this note, to which we checked an option and added on more and they left us a bag of goodies! Don't remember getting this note in Feb.
image.jpg

Here now and in room 9545. Room is lovely. Royal, garden view. Easy walk to food court and transportation per request. Quiet as well. Only downside is zero cell service for AT&T. Made a few work calls interesting and I'd like to FaceTime my family and hope wifi will carry me. Other than that, absolutely wonderful!

Also, mouse keeping left us this note, to which we checked an option and added on more and they left us a bag of goodies! Don't remember getting this note in Feb.
View attachment 205211

That's awesome! I actually would like that. I honestly have my stuff spread out so much everywhere, and I'm in and out of my room so much, I don't even get mousekeeping every day. I usually have to ask for towels.

[QUOTE="lovingeire,post: Also, mouse keeping left us this note, to which we checked an option and added on more and they left us a bag of goodies! Don't remember getting this note in Feb.
View attachment 205211[/QUOTE]

did you get lotion? I don't think I have seen that there.

I will be driving within the World from POR and was wondering if someone would kindly check my driving directions to the following parks: Thanks in Advanced!
POR to Hollywood Studios
1.Left on Bonnet Creek Parkway
2.At Third stoplight turn right onto Buena Vista Drive
3.At 4th light turn Left into Hollywood Studios
POR to Animal Kingdom
1. Left on Bonnet Creek Parkway
2. At Third stoplight turn right onto Buena Vista Drive
3. Go past Hollywood Studios and take a right at Osceola Parkway
4. Animal Kingdom is on the right
POR to Magic Kingdom
1.Right On Bonnet Creek Parkway
2.Left on Vista Boulevard
3.Right on World Drive
4.Left on Seven Seas Drive to Transportation and Ticket Center.

I will be driving within the World from POR and was wondering if someone would kindly check my driving directions to the following parks: Thanks in Advanced!

Not bad.

Your MK route won't work though, as that brings you out after the parking lot plaza turn, so you'd end up on the road for the monorail loop hotels instead. Go via Epcot Center Drive > World Drive instead.

Also, while your AK route will work, and I've used it myself in the past, I find it quicker and easier to take the Epcot Center Drive route as it's a direct run and there are fewer traffic lights (the route past Studios and the Epcot-area Hotels can get very congested).

For MK: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/2...5653804,3569m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0?hl=en

For AK: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/2...7e51eb5acb61:0x1557779327da8bff!1m0!3e0?hl=en

For Studios: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/2....5540245,892m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0?hl=en

Andre

Last edited:
Andre,

Will Riverside have any special events on Thanksgiving Day? I know they did on 4th of July and Labor Day - just wondering about Thanksgiving. Thanks!

POR to Hollywood Studios
1.Left on Bonnet Creek Parkway
2.At Third stoplight turn right onto Buena Vista Drive
3.At 4th light turn Left into Hollywood Studios
POR to Animal Kingdom
1. Left on Bonnet Creek Parkway
2. At Third stoplight turn right onto Buena Vista Drive
3. Go past Hollywood Studios and take a right at Osceola Parkway
4. Animal Kingdom is on the right
POR to Magic Kingdom
1.Right On Bonnet Creek Parkway
2.Left on Vista Boulevard
3.Right on World Drive
4.Left on Seven Seas Drive to Transportation and Ticket Center.

I've always had maps with me, but following the Disney signs always works best. They are very clearly marked.

Thank you Andre and Lucas! This is my third time driving onsite and had been confused using Mapquest in the past. I appreciate your answers!

View attachment 205211
I'm so jealous of that goody bag!

Will Riverside have any special events on Thanksgiving Day?

Probably, they usually do. In the past they have run a barbecue on Ol' Man Island for example, or special menus at the restuarants. Nothing has been annouced officially though.

Andre

Probably, they usually do. In the past they have run a barbecue on Ol' Man Island for example, or special menus at the restuarants. Nothing has been annouced officially though.

Andre
Thank you. Their events are always fun.

Two questions that I'm hoping to get help with.

First, we'll be doing a 10 day trip and knowing my family, i'll probably want to do a load of laundry. We're staying in a royal room. Are there laundry rooms in both mansions with royal rooms? are they centrally located in those areas? Forgive me if this is a duplicate question, but I can't seem to notice where on the maps exactly the laundry rooms are.

Second, we'll have our car and are doing a PPO breakfast one day at MK. We want to enter the park at 7:45 for our 8am reservation, so need to be there a bit earlier for security. I'll admit mornings can be a struggle for our family. How frequently do the "early" buses run to MK? I know they start at 6:30, but if we miss the first one, are we going to make it on time for our PPO? Family Uber to Contemporary and walking to MK is not a good option because we have two kids in car seats, so if buses are not reliable early, I may drive to TTC and then use the resort monorail.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter