Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Is the Ole Fishing Hole still around to use?

Yes it is.

Are there laundry rooms in both mansions with royal rooms?

Second, we'll have our car and are doing a PPO breakfast one day at MK. We want to enter the park at 7:45 for our 8am reservation, so need to be there a bit earlier for security. I'll admit mornings can be a struggle for our family. How frequently do the "early" buses run to MK?

1) There are laundry rooms next to each of the quiet pools, so there is one located directly betweem the two Royal mansion buildings.

2) I would suggest being at the South bus stop by 7am at the latest. The buses officially start at 7am, but it's not unheard of for there to be one before that time too, and yes they run a regular service in the morning so you should be fine. Even if you just miss one, the maximum extra wait would be until 7:20am, and probably sooner than that. South is the last pickup, and it's only a 15 minute or so ride from there to the MK.

Andre

I just made my reservations and we will have a King Size bed room. I want to be in Magnolia building does anyone have an room locations or numbers that they really like?

Yes it is.

1) There are laundry rooms next to each of the quiet pools, so there is one located directly betweem the two Royal mansion buildings.

2) I would suggest being at the South bus stop by 7am at the latest. The buses officially start at 7am, but it's not unheard of for there to be one before that time too, and yes they run a regular service in the morning so you should be fine. Even if you just miss one, the maximum extra wait would be until 7:20am, and probably sooner than that. South is the last pickup, and it's only a 15 minute or so ride from there to the MK.

Andre

Thank you so much for the laundry and bus info. From your experience, are the early buses really full by the time they get to the south depot? I'd hate to wait and then there's no room for us (2 kids plus stroller)

Here now and in room 9545. Room is lovely. Royal, garden view. Easy walk to food court and transportation per request. Quiet as well. Only downside is zero cell service for AT&T. Made a few work calls interesting and I'd like to FaceTime my family and hope wifi will carry me. Other than that, absolutely wonderful!

Also, mouse keeping left us this note, to which we checked an option and added on more and they left us a bag of goodies! Don't remember getting this note in Feb.
View attachment 205211

I love seeing this.... Is that note normal is all POR rooms? This is the first time I have ever seen this note and I have stayed at many of the resorts on property.

Thank you so much for the laundry and bus info. From your experience, are the early buses really full by the time they get to the south depot? I'd hate to wait and then there's no room for us (2 kids plus stroller)

We were there in Mid October and first thing in the morning, the East, North and West depots were pretty quiet, (North was our stop) and usually only had a few people on by the time it got to the South Depot. There were always long lineups at the South depot from 7am-9am. If you are closest to the South depot, you should get there early and stay close to where you think the front of the line is.

Or you could take a leisurely morning stroll over to one of the other stops and guarantee yourself a spot :)

Yes you can.
This is not keeping with the subject of the thread... But saw the logo....Great start 9-3-1, great goal tending and the new players seem to be adjusting to the team and they seem to have gotten over the lousy penalty kill.

We were there in Mid October and first thing in the morning, the East, North and West depots were pretty quiet, (North was our stop) and usually only had a few people on by the time it got to the South Depot. There were always long lineups at the South depot from 7am-9am. If you are closest to the South depot, you should get there early and stay close to where you think the front of the line is.

Or you could take a leisurely morning stroll over to one of the other stops and guarantee yourself a spot :)

Thank you @Blackladder337. We'll be in one of the royal rooms so I imagine we'd be equally close to the east stop and the south stop. Sounds like the 7am bus will work for us as long as we avoid the south depot! Did you find that these buses shared with French Quarter, or were they just POR?

At 7am you'll be fine at the South Depot. The bus may have come from FQ first, then the other Riverside stops, but you'll still have no trouble getting on.

Andre

Thank you Andre!!!! My family is so excited for our trip in early December and so appreciative for all the wonderful work you do with this thread and the website!

Thank you @Blackladder337. We'll be in one of the royal rooms so I imagine we'd be equally close to the east stop and the south stop. Sounds like the 7am bus will work for us as long as we avoid the south depot! Did you find that these buses shared with French Quarter, or were they just POR?
We stayed at POFQ and have shared less each trip with POR . On our last 2 trips other than an overflow bus around 7:30am last month ( the bus to MK filled up and the CM called for a 2nd ) which stop at the South depot and a pre 7:00 am bus to the MK this year & last , all our other morning buses did not go to POR.

I can only speak for my time there, but in the mornings, each bus went straight to its destination from the POR South Depot. In the afternoon though, occasionally a bus would stop at POFQ first, but thankfully they only have one stop so it only slows you down by maybe 5 minutes tops. But the good news is that in the afternoon, *I found* that the buses that went to both resorts said as much on the lit signs.

We've been 2 times to POR. The 1st time we were in Magnolia, closest to the East stop. The 2nd time preferred, using the South stop. We had horrible bussing when using the East stop, but it was many years ago. Many busses would drive right by, I am presuming that they were full by the time they got to us. It was frustrating.
The South stop in comparison, although we frequently had to stand, we were always able to get on.
I am wondering as I plan this next trip there, is if anything has improved in the East stop since then. If not, then I will stay away from Magnolia to Partierre if possible.

We haven't stayed at POR since Disney Springs got all spruced up. We are staying there in 2 weeks and I just wanted to make sure the boat still ran to Disney Springs and where is the drop off when you get to Disney Springs? TIA!

We haven't stayed at POR since Disney Springs got all spruced up. We are staying there in 2 weeks and I just wanted to make sure the boat still ran to Disney Springs and where is the drop off when you get to Disney Springs? TIA!
The boat still runs to Disney Springs. It drops off by the Marketplace.

It comes in behind the Rainforest Cafe not far from the old dock. Best of all is starting around 4:30 - 5:00pm POR and POFQ have seperate boats. There is also a walkway where Capt Jack's was to take you over to the area near the Lego store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter