• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

wondering if anyone has or could take pic of alligator bayou building 28 and an external pic of room 2823 ... had camera issue and don't have them and am trying to make our photo album for the trip ... thanks

Touringplans.com has views from every room in every building, I'm sure you'll find what you need there.

Andre

this may be a dumb qestion. we are going back to por on dec 23. this is our first time driving, how do i get in the gate? is there a manned gate?

this may be a dumb qestion. we are going back to por on dec 23. this is our first time driving, how do i get in the gate? is there a manned gate?

Yes there is a manned gate. They ask for your name & ID & then direct you to check in.. There's tons of construction on the roads leading to POR so be careful. We drive every time but our last time got turned around getting there.

We just can't stay away!!! After toying with the idea of staying at the Beach Club we decided it just really didn't the price so we will be headed back to POR in June. This will be our 5th stay at POR. We always stay in AB but are thinking of maybe trying the mansions to switch it up a bit. If anyone can tell me why they like the mansions vs AB that would be great!

Yes there is a main gate on Riverside Drive. You will stop at the "Guard House" and give him your name and ID. He will check his records and then direct you to the Check in area. If you have your Magic Bands you could use the lane to your right, which has a gate, that will be activated my waving your band in front of the sensor.

We just can't stay away!!! After toying with the idea of staying at the Beach Club we decided it just really didn't the price so we will be headed back to POR in June. This will be our 5th stay at POR. We always stay in AB but are thinking of maybe trying the mansions to switch it up a bit. If anyone can tell me why they like the mansions vs AB that would be great!
We have stayed at the Boardwalk, Coronado Springs and French Quarters along with Riverside. We keep going back to Riverside. For us, there is such a feeling of comfort when we arrive there. Our first visit we were placed in the Mansion section and it was so wonderful. The next few visits we were also in the Mansion section. Then one visit we were put in AB and we just did not like it. For us it had a totally different feeling. We went to the front desk and they moved us to the Mansion section. The last time we went we stayed in a Royal Room and I loved it. We are going again in February and staying in a Royal Room again. I think the Mansion section is a bit more peaceful, at least for us. We love getting off the bus at night, stopping in at the food court and grabbing a "beverage", sitting on the porch and then strolling over the bridge to the Mansion section. Have a great time in June!

This question is not totally resort related. We are going to POR in Jan. I went on MDE to find out what we owe and by when. I can not find that info. Where would I find it?

This question is not totally resort related. We are going to POR in Jan. I went on MDE to find out what we owe and by when. I can not find that info. Where would I find it?
There is some sort of bug right now with the Disney website where people cannot view their balances or make payments online. When I called last week regarding this issue, the CM had no idea when the problem would be resolved.

There is a "back gate" that has been un-manned when we have used it to exit the resort. It provides access directly to Vista Blvd. I don't remember if we can enter through this gate as resort guests. Does anyone know?

There is a "back gate" that has been un-manned when we have used it to exit the resort. It provides access directly to Vista Blvd. I don't remember if we can enter through this gate as resort guests. Does anyone know?

You can, but they are not very keen on you doing it, and often politely suggest that you use the main entrance in future. Getting out that way is much easier though as it's an automatic gate.

Andre

We enjoyed 4 nights at POR last weekend.
We are usually a family who prefers to stay deluxe, but settled for POR to keep our budget lower this time. We have stayed at the other mods for a few nights here or there.
What an awesome resort. Easily my favorite mod. It was everything everyone claims. The food court was so cozy. The grounds beautiful. The CMs were all friendly. The pools were cute (although a touch too cold for this Florida family, unless it was high noon and as warm out as possible). We stayed in the AB. Building 16. It was a nice walk to the food court and pool. We did take our car to the parks.
We would not hesitate to book another stay here. :)

I know this post is almost a month old and I'm sorry, but posts like this make me so happy we chose this resort for our honeymoon! It makes it sound like we made the right choice! I'm so excited, yet it's so far away!

I know this post is almost a month old and I'm sorry, but posts like this make me so happy we chose this resort for our honeymoon! It makes it sound like we made the right choice! I'm so excited, yet it's so far away!

I think you will enjoy it. My family stayed there six years ago this week...as the Facebook "Memories" has been reminding me all week...and we loved it.

Wife and I are trying out POFQ for our 20th anniversary trip next fall because she has always wanted to stay there (she's a huge NOLA fan...second only to WDW in her favorite places) but POR is our fall back if POFQ misses out on the special offers.

I think you will love it. best wishes on your pending nuptials and life together.

I think you will enjoy it. My family stayed there six years ago this week...as the Facebook "Memories" has been reminding me all week...and we loved it.

Wife and I are trying out POFQ for our 20th anniversary trip next fall because she has always wanted to stay there (she's a huge NOLA fan...second only to WDW in her favorite places) but POR is our fall back if POFQ misses out on the special offers.

I think you will love it. best wishes on your pending nuptials and life together.

Thank you very much! We will be there next fall as well, maybe see you around!

Someone in my family was just recently there.....she said they had refurbed the main pool area. They just put up a fence correct?? The big refurg was at FQ??

Someone in my family was just recently there.....she said they had refurbed the main pool area. They just put up a fence correct?? The big refurg was at FQ??

The main pool at Riverside was recently refurbished, but the one at French Quarter only got the addition of a new kids' splash play area. Both pool areas are now fully fenced and gated though.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter