Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We will be there May 7 - 13th. I called today about a upgrade from Standard to Preferred. Got it. Plus since my stay was paid off, they will credit my credit card $8.59.:flower:
Life is good.:smickey:

I just booked with the new RO discount. My only options were pool and river views for AB. I just looked at my date range, again, and nothing was available under the discount. I got in under the wire! I hope they open up SV.

Really strange. We had a Garden View room booked prior to the discounts being released (through our Disney travel agent). When our agent tried to rebook us with today's discount, only Pool View was available in her computer; however, we could see all rooms on the WDW website. So we followed up with her.

She ended up calling WDW to apply the Canadian discount, which can only be done by Disney (apparently), on the tickets and was able to book the Garden View again. Something strange must be going on because we just did that about two hours ago.

We're booked from April 22 - May 5.

Really strange. We had a Garden View room booked prior to the discounts being released (through our Disney travel agent). When our agent tried to rebook us with today's discount, only Pool View was available in her computer; however, we could see all rooms on the WDW website. So we followed up with her.

She ended up calling WDW to apply the Canadian discount, which can only be done by Disney (apparently), on the tickets and was able to book the Garden View again. Something strange must be going on because we just did that about two hours ago.

We're booked from April 22 - May 5.

Your dates have MUCH better availability! River view is the only option showing for mine, now. This may change if occupancy doesn't meet their goals.
Our dates are 5/30-6/4. This is the start of schools being out for the summer, so I'm not surprised.

I just put in dates, from your month, that correspond with the days we could arrive and check out. It reduces booking categories all over again, to Pool and Preferred only. Your longer stay opens things up for you.

Last edited:

I am seeing that FQ has Powerade at their drink station. Does Riverside??

No, and neither does FQ now as they have new Coca Cola Freestyle machines at FQ which allow for a much wider selection of drinks.

You can buy Powerade bottled at Riverside for $3.99 though.

Andre

We're planning a resort day next time we stay at POR and I'm curious what y'all would say are the "must do" resort activities. I was reading a few ideas on the WDW website and it all sounds fun. We will have 2 adults, 2 children, and 1 infant. Thanks!
We enjoyed renting bicycles are riding around the resort and over to PORQs.

WIll I need to bring an extension cord for a cpap machine? I saw the pictures of the room and I did not see an outlet on the nightstand....but does anyone know if there's one behind the night stand? We are in preferred section of AB. Thanks in advance.

WIll I need to bring an extension cord for a cpap machine? I saw the pictures of the room and I did not see an outlet on the nightstand....but does anyone know if there's one behind the night stand?

There is an outlet right behind the nightstand, sometimes with an additional socket on the nightstand itself (not normally in AB though, so you'll probably have to reach behind). Might be worth bringing a short extension lead anyway though, just to give you a few extra outlets for phone chargers, etc.

Andre

Oops, one more question......do they happen to sell distilled water in the gift shop? If you don't know, I can call Disney. I suspect they do not. In that case, I can probably order from Garden Grocery.

We're planning a resort day next time we stay at POR and I'm curious what y'all would say are the "must do" resort activities. I was reading a few ideas on the WDW website and it all sounds fun. We will have 2 adults, 2 children, and 1 infant. Thanks!
Resort day is the best time to do your laundry.

We are ordering stuff from dizzy dolphin and added distilled water...It was only 1.30 I believe. Not sure of the cost at the general store. Also we take a power strip which allows up to plug in phones, laptop etc. Not many outlets

Which building to request when staying in Royal rooms ? All maps seems to have the bridge in different places. We will like to be closer to transportation and food court.

Which building to request when staying in Royal rooms ? All maps seems to have the bridge in different places. We will like to be closer to transportation and food court.

Request what you want rather than a building number. Requesting a specific building might get you that building, but on the opposite side from the bridge.

Request what you want rather than a building number. Requesting a specific building might get you that building, but on the opposite side from the bridge.

We have garden view rooms and will use the touring plan fax so we can try to request what we really need just the maps are throwing me off.

Which building to request when staying in Royal rooms ? All maps seems to have the bridge in different places.

The footbridge is between Oak Manor and Parterre Place, closest to the very end of Parterre's northern wing. What does your map say?

upload_2017-1-3_17-38-43.png

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter