Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Please don't complain to the CMs who work there - they have no control over it. I don't know the address off the top of my head, but there is an e-mail address you can send your complaint to.

Going to the front desk and asking to file a complaint is one thing. Going to the front desk, face completely red, and ready to start WWIII is another matter altogether.

i plan on writing to guest services concerning the "new look" at Disney resort rooms.

The rumor goes they tried this and it resulted in unhappy guests, who didn't like being accused of having stolen linens :sad2: they probably claimed it was housekeeping, and unless Disney inspects guests' luggage or car they can't prove otherwise.

so Disney took away the cute themed bedspreads for everyone. thanks, bedspread stealers :headache:

I've wondered if they'll bring them back if enough people complain. I might write to say "everything was lovely, but I think it would be even better if the rooms had some... colorful linens."

Exactly. I don't love it either, but I'd almost bet this is why it's happening. As far as the floors, I actually like it better without the carpet. I'm sure it's easier to keep clean and is more hygienic.

Just checked in yesterday, if anyone has any questions, I will try and answer them. We had a very early flight yesterday and arrived at the hotel by 9:30 am. I had done online check in and fully did not expect our room to be ready(which it was not). I had requested 2nd floor, corner room, close to the main building. The only request granted was 2nd floor. I was a little annoyed with only getting one request because latter in the day I received an email stating we needed to stop at the front desk for our room assignment. I tried calling to see what the problem was because we were in the parks with dinner reservations and didn't want the hassle in the evening. The person was quite rude on the phone and said our magic bands were not set for our room and that our requests were met but she couldn't give me a room number. When we got to the hotel still took some time to fix it and then to find out we had one of the farthest buildings was a little disappointing. Plus online check in never works for us we always have problems, plus I stopped at the front desk when we arrived to make sure we were all good. Oh well we will make the most of it and try and enjoy our vacation(even with the rain)

Ugh, the change with the beds is disappointing. From a practical standpoint, I don't really care, as we never used the bedspreads and it's probably cleaner this way...but from the perspective of appearance, those white beds look really strange--unfinished, kind of. If I hadn't been looking at this forum and had arrived to see my room like that, I probably would've alerted the front desk that the beds had never been made!

Just checked in yesterday, if anyone has any questions, I will try and answer them. We had a very early flight yesterday and arrived at the hotel by 9:30 am. I had done online check in and fully did not expect our room to be ready(which it was not). I had requested 2nd floor, corner room, close to the main building. The only request granted was 2nd floor. I was a little annoyed with only getting one request because latter in the day I received an email stating we needed to stop at the front desk for our room assignment. I tried calling to see what the problem was because we were in the parks with dinner reservations and didn't want the hassle in the evening. The person was quite rude on the phone and said our magic bands were not set for our room and that our requests were met but she couldn't give me a room number. When we got to the hotel still took some time to fix it and then to find out we had one of the farthest buildings was a little disappointing. Plus online check in never works for us we always have problems, plus I stopped at the front desk when we arrived to make sure we were all good. Oh well we will make the most of it and try and enjoy our vacation(even with the rain)
You do know the person you spoke to on the phone wasn't actually at the hotel, right? And requests are just requests, not guarantees, especially when you request multiples.

You do know the person you spoke to on the phone wasn't actually at the hotel, right? And requests are just requests, not guarantees, especially when you request multiples.
I understand that, I was just sharing my experience so others could see both sides. Plus I was just expressing my disappointment.

Hey, question though--if they intend to permanently get rid of the bedspreads, shouldn't they update the available photos of the rooms to show that? As I (sort of) said in my previous post, the uneducated Disney guest will not know what they are really reserving!
I think they will, but they're slow to get around to it. I remember sometime last year the Royal Guest Room beds on the booking page still had pictures of the beautiful bedspreads, and then at some point they updated it to just white beds with a bed runner and bolster pillow.

I think they will, but they're slow to get around to it. I remember sometime last year the Royal Guest Room beds on the booking page still had pictures of the beautiful bedspreads, and then at some point they updated it to just white beds with a bed runner and bolster pillow.

I just checked, and I think I was actually wrong originally--it appears that they are updated! Must have just done it recently, as I don't believe it was updated when I booked just a short time ago.

I just checked, and I think I was actually wrong originally--it appears that they are updated! Must have just done it recently, as I don't believe it was updated when I booked just a short time ago.
Oh, the pictures that are up now are still not quite what the beds look like. The pictures on the site still have the bed runners and bolster pillows, but those won't be on the bed either when you check in; it'll just be the white sheets.

Oh, the pictures that are up now are still not quite what the beds look like. The pictures on the site still have the bed runners and bolster pillows, but those won't be on the bed either when you check in; it'll just be the white sheets.

Darn, and here I was, thinking "oh, those aren't as ugly as I was imagining!"
sigh. :(

Darn, and here I was, thinking "oh, those aren't as ugly as I was imagining!"
sigh. :(
:( you're in good company, we're all bummed.

maybe they'll bring them back with some nice (emphasis on nice!) mentions that the rooms are lovely, but the online photos with at least the bedrunners and bolster pillows are even lovelier.

i just sent an email to WDW, asking some information on the new "theming" for the Royal Rooms
I booked a Royal Room for the theming.... and the extra cost included the additional theming (as advertised on the website)
I'll keep you posted

I know I've already said more than my piece on this thread today, but I figure it's worth putting it out there that I just chatted with someone on the wdw website, and they assured me that, while the rooms were refurbished recently, they do match the ones that are pictured on the website...so, I don't really know. But I thought it was worth mentioning, maybe.

I know I've already said more than my piece on this thread today, but I figure it's worth putting it out there that I just chatted with someone on the wdw website, and they assured me that, while the rooms were refurbished recently, they do match the ones that are pictured on the website...so, I don't really know. But I thought it was worth mentioning, maybe.

Based on photos I've seen from people currently staying at POR, the rooms DO look like the website - with the exception of the decorative runners and bolster pillows!! Bedding was white, all white, 100% white with no colors anywhere. Kinda blah.

Based on photos I've seen from people currently staying at POR, the rooms DO look like the website - with the exception of the decorative runners and bolster pillows!! Bedding was white, all white, 100% white with no colors anywhere. Kinda blah.

See, that's the thing, I specifically asked about the runners and pillows, because as a concerned citizen™ I wanted to point out that the photos should be updated, and this person assured me that the runners and pillows are still there!

See, that's the thing, I specifically asked about the runners and pillows, because as a concerned citizen™ I wanted to point out that the photos should be updated, and this person assured me that the runners and pillows are still there!
Sigh... CMs across Disney are known to give conflicting or inaccurate information (not their fault, seems everything's always changing or rules are finicky). But, the people who have been at POR have posted photos of the standard rooms and confirmed the bed linens are gone.

AND YET... because of this concern, I sometimes check the #royalguestroom tag on instagram. one of the most recent photos (from May 26) shows the bolster pillow and bed runner! BUT I see others that are a little older (May 14, 20) that do NOT have the runners or pillows, and in at least one of those they're taking many photos of the entire room, and they don't appear to have settled in yet (so, I don't think they just moved the runners and pillows out of the way -- they probably entered the room and took photos right away).
Maybe they're removing them in stages? It's exhausting doing all this detective work :magnify::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter