Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Did you get a gift card for opting out? or is that a thing of the past?
No, they no longer offer gift cards for opting out of housekeeping. I have received a gift card in the past, but I knew they were not offered this time. Actually, I opted out of housekeeping this time because of Covid.

During my 5 night stay at POR in late January 2022 there was no trash removal or fresh towels. I had chosen no housekeeping, but I thought trash removal would still happen. I was mistaken.
Did you take your own trash somewhere? Could you find a housekeeper and get some fresh towels? (I've done that at several hotels and resorts for towels and coffee.)

Did you take your own trash somewhere? Could you find a housekeeper and get some fresh towels? (I've done that at several hotels and resorts for towels and coffee.)
When we opted out(I know it is not available now) we would just put our trash just outside our door. We would also tell housekeeper that we needed clean towels etc and they would either give them then or hang them in a bag on our door.

Does anyone know if Uber/Lyft is allowed to drop you off closest to your room or are they only allowed to drop off at the main lobby? Reason I ask is because our room will be towards the far back of the resort and I was planning on taking an Uber directly from our dinner at Boma one night back to our resort. I’d hate to have to walk from the lobby area to the room if we could avoid it though after a long day.

Does anyone know if Uber/Lyft is allowed to drop you off closest to your room or are they only allowed to drop off at the main lobby?

I don't know if they are allowed to, but Uber/Lyft certainly do meet you wherever you are currently located - and presumably the same goes for drop-off.

Andre

Does anyone know if Uber/Lyft is allowed to drop you off closest to your room or are they only allowed to drop off at the main lobby? Reason I ask is because our room will be towards the far back of the resort and I was planning on taking an Uber directly from our dinner at Boma one night back to our resort. I’d hate to have to walk from the lobby area to the room if we could avoid it though after a long day.
No reason they can't. When we stayed at AOA, we had Lyft pick us up and drop us off by the Little Mermaid building so we didn't have to walk all the way to the lobby. Never was a problem.

Does anyone know if Surrey bike rentals are available? And if so, during what hours?

Thank you!

My husband and I are looking to stay at PO for two nights in April. We are not going to the parks. Our plan is to hang around the resort, go to Disney Springs, and just relax. We actually stayed here on our honeymoon 8 years ago. :)

The room options available for our stay are standard, woods view, river view, and king. We definitely prefer the mansion section over the other. There is a $40 per night difference in the cheapest room category to the most expensive. So we are only talking an extra $80 if we go with the most expensive category. But my questioning if it’s worth it. What do you guys recommend?

The room options available for our stay are standard, woods view, river view, and king. We definitely prefer the mansion section over the other. There is a $40 per night difference in the cheapest room category to the most expensive. So we are only talking an extra $80 if we go with the most expensive category. But my questioning if it’s worth it. What do you guys recommend?

With the River View you are guaranteed to be next to the main walkway. Some of the other room locations require you to walk in a sort of maze to get places. Since you are not going to the parks, I would say that room location would be a priority.

My husband and I are looking to stay at PO for two nights in April. We are not going to the parks. Our plan is to hang around the resort, go to Disney Springs, and just relax. We actually stayed here on our honeymoon 8 years ago. :)

I don't see a benefit to booking a room because of the view. You can't sit outside of the room and most people keep the drapes closed for privacy, since people walk past the room. I usually request the section I want, which is AB. I like it over there. And I like to request a corner room because they are brighter and you only have one neighbor. :)

What is the bed situation in the preferred rooms? Do I need to specifically request 2 queen beds and /or the fold out kids’ bed? Are cots still available? (Last time I requested one was in 1995!) We will be a party of 3 for most of our trip, but a party of 4 (3 adults, 1 kid) for a couple nights…and one king bed would be…awkward. 😂

What is the bed situation in the preferred rooms? Do I need to specifically request 2 queen beds and /or the fold out kids’ bed? Are cots still available? (Last time I requested one was in 1995!) We will be a party of 3 for most of our trip, but a party of 4 (3 adults, 1 kid) for a couple nights…and one king bed would be…awkward. 😂
The preferred rooms are located in Alligator Bayou and will have 2 queen beds and the fold out kids bed. You won't get a king bed unless you book a king bed, since they are a different category and a different price. You could also book a 5th sleeper room which will guarantee the beds that you want. They don't provide cots. :)

We are here now and enjoying our stay, but my parents are in a different part of the resort facing a quiet pool and they were awakened at one in the morning by a loud leaf blower blowing leaves out of the pool. My dad couldn’t get back to sleep after that, so he walked around and said at three am they were blowing leaves in the other quiet pool. Just a heads up if you’re near a pool!

hello, hoping someone may know this. My sister changed her ressie to POR because she has a little frenchy now that they can't leave at home. She has called twice and have heard two different things, Can those who have stayed here with their dogs please tell me which buildings are pet friendly?! Thank-you!

Can those who have stayed here with their dogs please tell me which buildings are pet friendly?! Thank-you!

Technically any building is possible, but they prefer to use Alligator Bayou #24 if they can. If you have a specific room type booked (e.g. Preferred, River View or Royal Room) they will need to use different buildings though, often picking 15, 80 and 95.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter