Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you see any evidence of room refurbs anywhere? I'd ask you to ask a CM, but we know that they are often the last to find out! :)
We asked a CM about refurbs and there are rumors but nothing has been scheduled yet. She showed us the remodeled king room on the 7th floor, but she said that the regular resort rooms might not look the same as that room. The room was empty when she showed it to us, but guests have been staying in it. It is one of the rooms that was next to the original Old Faithful Club. The bathroom had a huge walk in shower instead of a bathtub. It was a very nice looking room but didn't have too many unique touches, like the current resort rooms have.

There was a huge thunderstorm last night that began sometime around 5:30 pm and ended a few hours later. We had a great view of the storm across Bay Lake, with torrents of rain, high winds and lightening. They lost power at Disney Springs and one of the guests said that they were in the NBA experience when the power went out. Emergency power came on and they evacuated the building. We were in the lodge the entire time, but anyone caught in the storm would be drenched. Other than that one storm, the weather has been dry since we arrived on Saturday.

We asked a CM about refurbs and there are rumors but nothing has been scheduled yet. She showed us the remodeled king room on the 7th floor, but she said that the regular resort rooms might not look the same as that room. The room was empty when she showed it to us, but guests have been staying in it. It is one of the rooms that was next to the original Old Faithful Club. The bathroom had a huge walk in shower instead of a bathtub. It was a very nice looking room but didn't have too many unique touches, like the current resort rooms have.

There was a huge thunderstorm last night that began sometime around 5:30 pm and ended a few hours later. We had a great view of the storm across Bay Lake, with torrents of rain, high winds and lightening. They lost power at Disney Springs and one of the guests said that they were in the NBA experience when the power went out. Emergency power came on and they evacuated the building. We were in the lodge the entire time, but anyone caught in the storm would be drenched. Other than that one storm, the weather has been dry since we arrived on Saturday.
Thanks for checking! My DH says he doesn't care if a refurb is going on in January, he still wants to stay there. We were there during a refurb years ago and it didn't take away from our enjoyment of our trip at all. We even had a smokehouse view, but were high up enough to not hear the back-up beeps of the trash trucks. We also could see the fireworks, so the way I see it, there will always be some positives and some negatives no matter when you go or what room you get. Sorry you didn't get your lobby location though. :(
I heard that storm was scary. Glad you were safe and dry in the lodge! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

We were supposed to go to MK last night for our 1st day FPs. It stated raining here at YC pretty heavily and our FPs started at 6:20 pm. We waited it out on our balcony watching the storm as well and one by one our FPs were nullified (7D, BTMR, and SPLASH). We were glad we didn’t actually try to go!

We waited it out on our balcony watching the storm as well and one by one our FPs were nullified (7D, BTMR, and SPLASH). We were glad we didn’t actually try to go!
We had a fp for Fantasmic last night. It got cancelled, of course, and they gave us a fp for one ride in any of the four parks for today. Not all rides were included but we did use it to ride Buzz Lightyear today. :)

Hi, everyone!

I am in the early stages of planning a two-week trip to Disney next August and am really all over the place when it comes to where to stay. We enjoy split stays, and since we’ll be there for two weeks, we know we definitely want to do a split stay because I don’t think I can stay in the same hotel for that long. We will probably split our stay between a MK resort and an Epcot resort (probably YC), but I haven’t ruled out the new GDT at Coronado. If we stay at WL, we will probably rent CCV points because I like the look of the rooms and I can rent points for cheaper than staying on the resort side. We’ve rented before, so we understand all that goes with renting. Here are my questions about CCV:
1. Are all the CCV rooms in the main building?
2. Are the studio rooms small? I just watched a video on YouTube, and they looked small, but that could just be the angle of the camera, etc. We did stay in a studio at BLT and we were fine, so I’m kind of using that as my reference for size.
3. Is the pullout sofa a queen?
4. I saw on YouTube a video of a studio room that was really nice. It was one room, but the sleeper sofa and the bed almost appeared to be in separate spaces, the bathroom had more storage (beside the toilet) and it had two balconies. Does anyone know the room I’m talking about? What would I request to possibly get that room? I know it’s a request, not a guarantee, but it doesn’t hurt to try.
5. Lastly, and this isn’t a CCV question, but rather a WL question, is there a MK bus or is our only option the boat to MK? Also, do busses share with Fort Wilderness?

If you are still reading this, thank you and thank you for answering my questions if you can.

Hi, everyone!

I am in the early stages of planning a two-week trip to Disney next August and am really all over the place when it comes to where to stay. We enjoy split stays, and since we’ll be there for two weeks, we know we definitely want to do a split stay because I don’t think I can stay in the same hotel for that long. We will probably split our stay between a MK resort and an Epcot resort (probably YC), but I haven’t ruled out the new GDT at Coronado. If we stay at WL, we will probably rent CCV points because I like the look of the rooms and I can rent points for cheaper than staying on the resort side. We’ve rented before, so we understand all that goes with renting. Here are my questions about CCV:
2. Are the studio rooms small? I just watched a video on YouTube, and they looked small, but that could just be the angle of the camera, etc. We did stay in a studio at BLT and we were fine, so I’m kind of using that as my reference for size.
4. I saw on YouTube a video of a studio room that was really nice. It was one room, but the sleeper sofa and the bed almost appeared to be in separate spaces, the bathroom had more storage (beside the toilet) and it had two balconies. Does anyone know the room I’m talking about? What would I request to possibly get that room? I know it’s a request, not a guarantee, but it doesn’t hurt to try.
5. Lastly, and this isn’t a CCV question, but rather a WL question, is there a MK bus or is our only option the boat to MK? Also, do busses share with Fort Wilderness?

If you are still reading this, thank you and thank you for answering my questions if you can.
If you want to book at studio at CCV, you need to line up an owner or a broker now. You are almost 11 months out from your trip and studios go very quickly at CCR. The studios are the same size as the hotel rooms since they are converted hotel rooms in the main building. They are bigger than the BLT studio in square footage. The sleeper sofa is a queen size, but there is no murphy bed. The occupancy is limited to 4 persons plus one more under the age of three. There is a bus to the MK. So bus or boat. The buses to the MK are not shared with any resort. But other buses are shared. Epcot does share with Fort Wilderness.

This is the studio layout. The sleeper sofa is right next to the bed, not in a separate space. You might be talking about the alternate studio and there are not many of them.
ROOM_TYPE_3_Dedicated-studio-16x9.jpg

If you want to book at studio at CCV, you need to line up an owner or a broker now. You are almost 11 months out from your trip and studios go very quickly at CCR. The studios are the same size as the hotel rooms since they are converted hotel rooms in the main building. They are bigger than the BLT studio in square footage. The sleeper sofa is a queen size, but there is no murphy bed. The occupancy is limited to 4 persons plus one more under the age of three. There is a bus to the MK. So bus or boat. The buses to the MK are not shared with any resort. But other buses are shared. Epcot does share with Fort Wilderness.

This is the studio layout. The sleeper sofa is right next to the bed, not in a separate space. You might be talking about the alternate studio and there are not many of them.
View attachment 431008

Thank you for answering all my questions. Yes, I need to make up my mind quickly as to where to stay because I know CCV studios fill up fast. It’s the alternate studio I was referring to. Can I put in a request for that - alternate studio? I’m totally banking on that request not being granted, but I’d like to at least try.

Last edited:
Hi, everyone!

1) Yes
2) I believe they are the same size as the cash rooms at Wilderness Lodge
3) Yes
4) That is an alternate studio, beautiful rooms, I had one as part of my 2 bedroom lockoff in June, There are only 8 of these.
5) Bus and boat to MK, Buses share with Bay Lake Tower occasionally.

Thank you for answering all my questions. Yes, I need to make up my mind quickly as to where to stay because I know CCV studios fill up fast. It’s the alternate studio I was referring to. Can I put in a request for that - alternate studio? I’m totally banking on that request being granted, but I’d like to at least try.
Also if you want an alternate studio you MUST book a "Deluxe Studio" not a "Deluxe Studio with WalkIn Shower". The alternate studios only have tubs thus this requirement. Also if you want an alternate studio your request is more likely to be filled if you simply request upper floor as that is where most of them are and the "Deluxe Studios" that are on the upper floor are likely to be the alternate layout.

Also if you want an alternate studio you MUST book a "Deluxe Studio" not a "Deluxe Studio with WalkIn Shower". The alternate studios only have tubs thus this requirement. Also if you want an alternate studio your request is more likely to be filled if you simply request upper floor as that is where most of them are and the "Deluxe Studios" that are on the upper floor are likely to be the alternate layout.

Great tip! Thank you!

Thank you for answering all my questions. Yes, I need to make up my mind quickly as to where to stay because I know CCV studios fill up fast. It’s the alternate studio I was referring to. Can I put in a request for that - alternate studio? I’m totally banking on that request being granted, but I’d like to at least try.
Just joining in to confirm the great advice you have been given from others and add that to attempt to book one of those "alternate studios" you will need to book a "Deluxe Studio" (without the Walkin Shower) and make your request. Your chances of getting one still aren't great because there are only the 8 of them, and there are a total of 37 studios with tubs, so you have a 8 in 37 chance of getting one. It is also worth noting that 31 of the 37 tub studios are on the first floor, so you can request a higher floor (thus guaranteeing an alternate studio), but that might be a tough request to have met as well. All but one of the alternate studios are part of lockoffs, so they have their availability affected by 2 bedroom lockoff bookings as well.

The regular studios are the same size as a WL hotel room and have the bed next to the pullout sofa. As for buses, it depends on the time of day, but generally buses to parks in the morning are not shared, but they may share with BLT in the afternoon. Buses back from parks are generally shared with Fort Wilderness, but WL is the first stop so it isn't a big deal. The bus to MK is great, and usually nice and quick at under 5 minutes, especially in the morning, but it may stop by Fort Wilderness on the way in the afternoon.

Overall we love WL for it's quiet secluded feel and great proximity to MK. It could be a great candidate for your split stay, and will likely save some money over MK monorail resorts. A room at Boulder Ridge may be a nice option for you as well, since availability tends to be better, but you wouldn't be in the main building but would be in the building next door that is connected by a covered walkway. Good luck and happy planning!

Last edited:
Just joining in to confirm the great advice you have been given from others and add that to attempt to book one of those "alternate studios" you will need to book a "Deluxe Studio" and make your request. Your chances of getting one still aren't great because there are only the 8 of them, and there are a total of 37 studios with tubs, so you have a 8 in 37 chance of getting one. It is also worth noting that 31 of the 37 tub studios are on the first floor, so you can request a higher floor (thus guaranteeing an alternate studio), but that might be a tough request to have met as well. All but one of the alternate studios are part of lockoffs, so they have their availability affected by 2 bedroom lockoff bookings as well.

The regular studios are the same size as a WL hotel room and have the bed next to the pullout sofa. As for buses, it depends on the time of day, but generally buses to parks in the morning are not shared, but they may share with BLT in the afternoon. Buses back from parks are generally shared with Fort Wilderness, but WL is the first stop so it isn't a big deal. The bus to MK is great, and usually nice and quick at under 5 minutes, especially in the morning, but it may stop by Fort Wilderness on the way in the afternoon.

Overall we love WL for it's quiet secluded feel and great proximity to MK. It could be a great candidate for your split stay, and will likely save some money over MK monorail resorts. A room at Boulder Ridge may be a nice option for you as well, since availability tends to be better, but you wouldn't be in the main building but would be in the building next door that is connected by a covered walkway. Good luck and happy planning!

More great information! Thank you so much! I’ll put in a request for upper floor and we’ll see what happens. It’s totally okay if we don’t get one (and I’m sure we won’t) but I’m going to try.

Thanks, too, for the information on the busses. We haven’t stayed at the WL since 2010 and I just couldn’t remember if the busses shared or not, although I’m sure it has changed over time.

Thanks again!

Thanks, too, for the information on the busses. We haven’t stayed at the WL since 2010 and I just couldn’t remember if the busses shared or not, although I’m sure it has changed over time.
We are here this week. As far as buses go, the first buses in the morning usually go directly to the parks without sharing. Later in the day, including returns, the DHS, AK and Disney Springs buses share with the Contemporary. The Epcot bus shares with Fort Wilderness later in the day and returning at night.

It is our last day here and we will be returning home tomorrow. It has been a great trip. There was a surprise in the lobby when we returned from Epcot around 2pm today. A whole bunch of characters were greeting guests including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Tigger, the monkey from Jungle Book, Donald Duck, Winnie the Pooh, Piglet and Stitch. I have never seen so many characters in one place. It was really cute. :)

Last edited:
We had an uneventful trip home yesterday and I wish I could have stayed longer. The parks were empty the last few days and the rides had short wait times, even Millennium Falcon.

We had booked a nature view room and received room 5001. It is at the very end of the WL, closest to the boat dock. Our room was a normal resort room with a connecting door to the deluxe room next door. The only difference in this room from a normal room was the little secret window hiding behind the curtains.

The balcony windows tended to get steamed up overnight.

We had a fantastic view of Bay Lake with some trees in the way. We could see the geyser going off between the trees, and could definitely hear it every day at three minutes past the hour, 7:03am to 10:03pm. The boat horns and Electric Water Pageant were quite loud, too.

View from the balcony looking straight ahead.

View looking straight down from the balcony

That light colored area on the ground to the right is the geyser. There is also a speaker hiding down there that played the fireworks music. I could see the MK fireworks and hear the music from the balcony. The view was just of the high fireworks, similar to the view from geyser Point.

I took this picture from the walkway. The balcony for room 5001 is circled in yellow.

We stayed in deluxe room 4004 last September and it was a similar view to that room, although I think 5001's view was a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter