Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1022-1024

Thanks you for your post. This hits home directly for me, as I'm fretting over our trip Halloween week. While it's not hurricanes or other natural disasters, I am kind of in the same boat.

So, thank you for posting, MommaBerd.

:hug:

We just got back today.

Thanks for sharing the info about your trip. Sorry to hear about your daughter's missing bag and holding out hope that it will be pixie-dusted back to you.

:tink:

We just arrived back home last night at 11pm after a 19.5 hour drive to NJ. We had to cut our trip short by 2 days because of Irma. Our flight scheduled for tomorrow was cancelled so we got a refund for that at least. We were debating all week of we were going to stay and ride it out or leave early, so we decided to reserve a car to drive home early just to be safe. So sad we had to leave but we wanted to be safe since we had no idea how long we'd be stuck there. We had an another amazing stay at the BC. We got our request for ground floor- rooms 1556, 1554 and 1552. The CM's at the BC were so helpful with everything as far as leaving or staying for the storm. They even reserved us a room at YC if we decided to stay at 40% off. We ended up leaving so we didn't need it but there was no availability at BC so that was nice to have something reserved right next door just in case. We had 3 rooms, so we are each getting $508 back for 2 nights lost at the resort, 2 days of PH tickets not used will be refunded and I'm not sure how much that will be yet, we have to call to get that situated. We are getting $803 back from Southwest for tomorrows cancelled flight. As much as we loved September last year, this year the heat was awful and we decided to stick with November from now on. The heat/humidity really got to us this year.

We used the Minnie Vans 4 times this trip and LOVED them!! So convenient and my 2 year old niece loved sitting in the car seat in the "minnie car." We will definitely use them next trip.

I went to MNSSHP on Thursday night before we had to head home at 3am and I had a blast! It was great to have some "me time" and ride the rides with no wait times, trick or treat and just enjoy my last night, when it today would have been our last night there.

Hoping everyone stays safe and enjoys their upcoming trips with no issues.

Thank you for sharing the details of your trip.

:goodvibes

Ok, so I've now been told that "all of the deluxe resorts" have the pillow tops. According to the Simmons Hospitality website, though, only the GF has the pillowtops, and the other deluxes have the plush. It's not that I don't want to believe the helpful CM, but he got his information from the front desk.

If ANYONE is currently at BC and wouldn't mind (I know there's a LOT going on right now) looking at the tags on their bed, I'd be very appreciative.

All sales are final on these beds, no returns or exchanges.

Thank you so so much!

Hopefully someone at the BC resort now or soon will think to look at the label of the mattress or better yet take a picture of the label!

I have a friend who works at the BC who may know the answer about the mattresses. She is just finishing up after being on the "Ride Out" crew during the hurricane, so I will give her a couple of days to rest up before asking her. Feel free to remind me on Thursday or Friday about this.

:cat:

@natebenma - I'm so excited for you and Teena to be able to reschedule your cruise so soon!

My MIL has very minor damage and no power, but all in all fared well. Here in the 'burbs of the ATL, we fared well but I have several friends who ended up with trees on homes and cars. One family had at least 9 trees down and two on their house, and another who had a tree take out THREE of their cars (college kids were home). So, I feel VERY fortunate.

And, I think we're *actually* going to take this trip! We leave Thursday night. So, I'm starting to let myself get excited again! :hyper:

Hi all! Considering Beach Club for an April 2018 stay -- it's been ages since we've stayed there! I see that YC recently completed a renovation... anything ongoing or planned for BC? I couldn't find it, but this is a GIANT thread... thanks in advance

! :)

:welcome: to the thread!

As already reported, the Beach Club was renovated recently, before the Yacht Club refurbishment.

FYI- we try to keep the first page of this thread, and the first post in particular, updated with renovation and other relevant news. You will usually get quick answers here- there are lots of helpful, informed folks who hang out on this forum- but you may also be able to find answers there!

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

First time poster in here but my husband and I are at the yacht club right now sitting through hurricane Irma and not sure if anyone has been following the bucket list family, the family doing the 30 resorts in 30 days, but we were sitting down in the Beach Club lobby area and the dad and 2 kids walked by. It was like seeing a celebrity because I've been watching their little videos on instagram. There have been non stop activities and lots of food for sale. It's been rainy and the wind has been picking up. I believe around midnight is when it should be the worst. But so far so good here at the yacht club. Oh and lots of dogs walking around because Disney allowed animals!

:welcome: to posting on the thread and thank you so much for the live storm reporting. It was nice to get news from people at the resort and hear about the accommodations Disney was making for their resort guests.

I didn't know about the 30/30 family. Wonder how they made out over the weekend changing resorts.

::yes::

@natebenma - I'm so excited for you and Teena to be able to reschedule your cruise so soon!

My MIL has very minor damage and no power, but all in all fared well. Here in the 'burbs of the ATL, we fared well but I have several friends who ended up with trees on homes and cars. One family had at least 9 trees down and two on their house, and another who had a tree take out THREE of their cars (college kids were home). So, I feel VERY fortunate.

And, I think we're *actually* going to take this trip! We leave Thursday night. So, I'm starting to let myself get excited again! :hyper:

party:

I hope everyone with homes in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and everyone else in the path of Irma over the past couple days are safe and have minimal damage to their properties.

My heart breaks for the people who are enduring life-changing devastation in the Caribbean. It will be a long road back to a place of normality for them.

Kudos to Disney for their flexibility in changing reservations for guests who wanted to get home early, or who needed to cancel all-together due to the storms. It appears they did an amazing job keeping guests safe and entertained at their resorts and welcoming local residents and their furry companions in their time of need.

Like many others, my trip plans were altered, justifiably, by Disney when the cruise Teena and I booked was cancelled. The disruption is minor compared to what everyone else has been going through. Thank you to everyone who showed concern about the cancelled trip.

However- easy come, easy go- or, reverse that... Teena has rebooked us on the September 30 sailing of the Fantasy (Western itinerary).

I am looking forward to experiencing my first Disney cruise, but I am even more excited to be spending a week on the seas with my pal!

:boat:
Great to hear that you guys will still be able to go on your cruise! THat's wonderful! So sad to have everyone's plans/lives disrupted, and in some cases changed forever.

OK, I have updated the Be Our Guest list through the current page. PLEASE take a moment to look it over. I made some "enhancements" to the list over the weekend, and it turns up I copied and pasted duplicate listings. I think I have corrected it, but please let me know if you have any changes to what I have listed.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:thumbsup2

So happy you are still going !!! Kind of wish you were on the 23rd with us (fingers crossed we will be sailing and to where...nobody knows!!!) You are going to have so much fun :)

Hi everyone! I decided to add on a night at the YC so we can hang out at SAB the day we check out. How are the showers by the pool? Is there soap, towels, shampoo, hair dryers, etc...? We will send our luggage with DME and pack a small bag with clothes in it to change before our flight.

Hi everyone! I decided to add on a night at the YC so we can hang out at SAB the day we check out. How are the showers by the pool? Is there soap, towels, shampoo, hair dryers, etc...? We will send our luggage with DME and pack a small bag with clothes in it to change before our flight.
The showers are great! They are next to the restrooms located by the entrance to SAB - near Beaches and Cream. There are three shower rooms: women's, men's and Unisex. There are towels in shower rooms. The showers themselves have large dispensers of soap, shampoo and conditioner attached to the wall of the showers. I don't think that there was a hair dryer. There are free lockers to use inside the pool area.

There are pictures of the showers on the first page of this thread. :)

The showers are great! They are next to the restrooms located by the entrance to SAB - near Beaches and Cream. There are three shower rooms: women's, men's and Unisex. There are towels in shower rooms. The showers themselves have large dispensers of soap, shampoo and conditioner attached to the wall of the showers. I don't think that there was a hair dryer. There are free lockers to use inside the pool area.

There are pictures of the showers on the first page of this thread. :)
:goodvibes Having a locker will be awesome to have! Thank you for the info!

Page 1022-1024

:hug:

Thanks for sharing the info about your trip. Sorry to hear about your daughter's missing bag and holding out hope that it will be pixie-dusted back to you.

:tink:

Thank you for sharing the details of your trip.

:goodvibes

Hopefully someone at the BC resort now or soon will think to look at the label of the mattress or better yet take a picture of the label!

I have a friend who works at the BC who may know the answer about the mattresses. She is just finishing up after being on the "Ride Out" crew during the hurricane, so I will give her a couple of days to rest up before asking her. Feel free to remind me on Thursday or Friday about this.

:cat:
Thank you!

We are arriving Saturday! :dogdance:

Can anyone tell me what kind of coffee maker is in the Beach Club rooms?

:welcome:

Yes, I can!

It is a Cuisinart pod machine- info and pictures on Page 1, Post 14- Other Useful Info

What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) at the BEACH CLUB now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines and as of 2017, the renovated YACHT CLUB rooms have Keurig single brew machines:

coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg
coffeemakercloseupcinderumbrella-1.jpg
Coffeepod.jpg

Have a fantastic trip!

Thank you!

:welcome:

Yes, I can!

It is a Cuisinart pod machine- info and pictures on Page 1, Post 14- Other Useful Info

What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) at the BEACH CLUB now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines and as of 2017, the renovated YACHT CLUB rooms have Keurig single brew machines:

coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg
coffeemakercloseupcinderumbrella-1.jpg
Coffeepod.jpg

Have a fantastic trip!

I just wanted to say thank goodness WDW has survived Irma with a few downed trees floods power outages and a bit of mess that's being gradually cleaned up. The people of Florida are wonderful and resilient working hard to restore power and homes for everyone including visitors. A Huge :thanks:to everyone involved. Stay safe.

We received our Disney mail today. with luggage tags for the first time ever in all the years we've vacationed in WDW. It's lovely to finally find that on our door mat today. It's making our vacation at the Beach Club seem so much closer and the excitement is really building now. Can't wait to be back "home" again.

Page 1026-1027

Sounds like a great plan!

:fish:

Just posting to say how much I've learned from this thread! We fly out from Atlanta this Friday for our first ever Beach Club stay. Can't wait!!! Thank you so much everyone for all of your awesome tips.

Thanks for your kind words.

Have a fantastic trip!

:dogdance:

Has anyone else had issues with the "request" section of online check in? When i select it, nothing comes up.

View attachment 268445
Yes, I had that issue with both the "request" section and when I was actually trying to make my room reservation (the drop-down lists for country and state wouldn't populate). I tried it on my iPad and both worked there. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter