Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

If you are looking for a full balcony, then we suggest that you word your room request "Full balcony please"

If you want to add on that you want a certain location or other request you can do that too.

"Full balcony, please. Upper floor if possible"

There is a floor that doesn't have many full balconies- I can never remember if it is the 2nd or 3rd floor. Someone here will know or maybe you can tell by looking at some of the pictures on Page 1. But on other floors there are both full balconies and smaller ones throughout.

Unfortunate resort design!

;)

@dansdad Beat me to it!

Thanks so much for the info. Is the Balcony request one you can make when doing advanced check in or is it one I should call about? Thanks. My only 2 requests I am thinking about are high floor and Balcony so I guess i need to decide which is more important.

Thanks again

All of the floors have some rooms with standing balconies but the third floor seems to have the largest percentage of them. :)

But it is always best to just request a full balcony.

Thanks wood. I think i will do that. Actually even if i get the small one it will be ok I am still just so psyched to be taking my daughter for the first time either of us have ever been during the Holiday season and to be staying right next to EPCOT. :cool1:

Taking a few minutes to enjoy the balcony this morning. We have had 2 long days. Did the Wild Africa Trek on Monday. Highly recommend it! 2nd time for hubby & I, first for kids. Yesterday we did the Ultimate Day of Thrills tour (yes, I know we could do it on our own, lol) but it was a lot of fun. Had a great group, guides were fun and we did all our favorites in one day so if we don'the get back to them we don't feel like we missed out. Can cross off trying HBD now. It was good but not a repeat for us.

Son has had the room temp at deep freeze so my tablet is acting up. I can type one thing and something totally different shows up. Anyway, someone asked about full balconies. Sitting on ours looking out the back entrance and the 4th floor rooms over here are all the small balconies and some of the third floor ones are also small.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

People have mentioned going over to the Boardwalk resort in the evenings for the entertainment.....what kind of entertainment is there?
We have seen jugglers and mimes (maybe more, but this is what our experience has been). Youngest DD was chosen to be a 'helper' one night. They are really good. There are carnival type games but we haven't done these. My DD's like to go over to the Boardwalk in the evenings to get hair wraps and caricature sketches. It's a nice, relaxing way to spend an evening stroll around the Boardwalk from the Beach Club.
ETA there are surrey bike rentals here too.

Hi all!

2 bits of great news!

1. (Most importantly) Dad did quite well with his surgery on Monday and is recovering nicely! His surgeon is pleased, and though to us, it looks terrible, his nurses are very encouraging, saying that he looks terrific considering it's only been 48 hours. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...

2. My Magic Bands actually arrived today! They are for our stint at CR, but our BC ones have been on the way since yesterday! Wheee!

We have seen jugglers and mimes (maybe more, but this is what our experience has been). Youngest DD was chosen to be a 'helper' one night. They are really good. There are carnival type games but we haven't done these. My DD's like to go over to the Boardwalk in the evenings to get hair wraps and caricature sketches. It's a nice, relaxing way to spend an evening stroll around the Boardwalk from the Beach Club.
ETA there are surrey bike rentals here too.
My DD's will be 13, 16 and 20 when we go in 2017 so is it the kind of stuff they would like?

Hi all!

(Most importantly) Dad did quite well with his surgery on Monday and is recovering nicely! His surgeon is pleased, and though to us, it looks terrible, his nurses are very encouraging, saying that he looks terrific considering it's only been 48 hours. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...

This is the best kind of pixie dust....hope your dad continues to improve and impress the staff each day!

Hi all!

2 bits of great news!

1. (Most importantly) Dad did quite well with his surgery on Monday and is recovering nicely! His surgeon is pleased, and though to us, it looks terrible, his nurses are very encouraging, saying that he looks terrific considering it's only been 48 hours. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...

2. My Magic Bands actually arrived today! They are for our stint at CR, but our BC ones have been on the way since yesterday! Wheee!

Great news!!! :)

My DD's will be 13, 16 and 20 when we go in 2017 so is it the kind of stuff they would like?
My DD's are 13 and 16. Since we are staying at BC, we will likely walk to the Boardwalk one evening, grab a treat from the Boardwalk Bakery and spend 10-20 minutes watching entertainment. It's pretty low key. I wouldn't make a trip to Boardwalk necessarily to see it if I was staying in a different area, but with staying at the Beach Club, I think it's worth a walk around. Sometimes we continue the walk to Fantasia Mini Golf or watch fireworks from the bridge between BW/BC (this year I really want to watch fireworks while swimming in SAB - I saw great firework pics posted on this thread from SAB pool). They can also take the Friendship Boat across from BC to BW. We haven't done the surrey bikes but this might be something they'd enjoy. Both girls get caricatures drawn here every year (tradition) but only youngest DD gets hair wraps now. My girls still like it, but it is a relaxing way to spend a night rather than a high tempo evening.

Scott very glad dads recovering uneventfully!

My third day of jury duty and second trial day. This and working nights is unfun. 16 days to go...until vacation, the trial should be over tomorrow

:offtopic:

Sort of- Pertinent to this thread because it would involve a stay at the Beach Club...

Mark and I were out celebrating our 29th anniversary over dinner on Saturday and are trying to decide what we want to do for our 30th next year.

Nate will be in college but Ben will be in his second year of high school, so we want to stay within the US or territories with phone service and probably within a few hours of New England. So Hawaii is out.

We talked about the US Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico. Mark suggested Disney- he hasn't been to the World since 2013.

I seem to remember that there may be a time when you can go to MNSSHP, F&W and possibly the Holiday Party in the same trip if you plan it right. When would that be?

:thanks:

Fun! We had a terrific time celebrating our 25th at Disney in December. Enjoyed the holiday decor. If you could hit all of those events would be awesome!

36 more days until WDW and 41 more days until we check into the BC!

About laundry.......we always do laundry on our rest day on our own. In the past we've stayed at CBR and the laundry facilities are right next to the pool. Easy enough. I plan on doing laundry at Poly on our rest day which is the day before we check into the BC. Then maybe doing laundry at the BC the day before we leave or just going home with dirty laundry.

Teena- I live in South Jersey, about 5 minutes from Philadelphia. I arrive 8/31 to the BC if you would like any tasty cakes. :) You have been so helpful with information and I would love to pay it forward.[/QU

Where in SJ? We are in Washington Twp? 8 days!!!!!

I'm right on the border of Burlington and Camden County.

I work in Washington Twp on occasion when I travel for work!

35 days!

Scott very glad dads recovering uneventfully!

My third day of jury duty and second trial day. This and working nights is unfun. 16 days to go...until vacation, the trial should be over tomorrow

I just got called for jury duty! I was supposed to report next Tuesday but I called the court house to let them know I'm leaving for vacation. I had to send the clerk a copy of my reservation. She emailed me back and said she wanted to go to Disney too! ;) I'm just glad I got the letter before I left so I was able to be excused! :D

jakeybake- Happy Birthday! Yay for magic bands! Great birthday gift!

natebenma- Happy Anniversary to you and your DH! That sounds like a fun anniversary trip for next year!

Scott Mc- Great news about your dad! Continued good thoughts and prayers for his complete healing and a speedy recovery! Yay for magic bands too!

We are getting really excited about our trip! My DH is working late tonight, so I'm going to start working on my pre-trip to do lists.

The good news from today is that we saved almost $150 on our car rental! We went back to the days we absolutely need vs. the 3 weeks we had scheduled, and the rates went down big time. Still hoping they go lower though... More Mickey bars for us if they do!:mickeybar:mickeybar

@Scott MC - great news on your dad- I tell my patients (and families) day 3 post op is the peak as far as the hardest day after surgery. Hope he continues to recover well!

@TeenaS I wish I could ship you tomatoes! Returned today from quick trip to lake (work tomorrow and off to St Louis for weekend including Cardinals game) to this (with tons more coming!)
tomatoes.jpg
Notice my ladies in the back ground hoping I drop one -or two or all of them- I did actually give them the deformed one-with all the rain we've had it was starting to get bottom rot-must get some Epsom salt into the garden before I leave!
chickens.jpg

Got an email about a Disney College Program Alumni reunion in January(no specifics yet so no idea of resort)...may be same weekend we were already looking at for a conference in Orlando...DH said something about that today...(no-I have not looked up airfare already...well maybe one quick peak)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter