Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone know how to override the a/c at BC? All the instructions/videos I’ve found have buttons different then the room thermostat. Ours does not have an “on/off” button
View attachment 575544

If you use the up arrow button and increase the temperature, it won't run as much. Also, maybe the "FAN ONLY" button will turn off the AC/heat, but the fan will still run.

Does anyone know how to override the a/c at BC? All the instructions/videos I’ve found have buttons different then the room thermostat. Ours does not have an “on/off” button
View attachment 575544
Your best bet is to go to the front desk and request that Maintenance come and override it for you. They usually come fairly quickly when you ask for them at the front desk. If you call from your room you will reach the dreaded off site call center and be put at the bottom of a list that takes longer to be communicated to the actual resort.

In the days of yore one used to be able to override the thermostat by pressing and holding an combination of buttons. If you can see who manufactured the thermostat you might be able to search on the internet for the button dance you must do to override the default settings.

The following information is from 2008 so it may not be applicable.
May the (thermostat) Force Be With You!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Press the power button and the down arrow button simultaneously. The letters "bp" should appear in the display indicating you are in "bypass" mode. Then you can use the up/down buttons to set the temperature. You may have to do this every 24 hours or every few days.

The sensor by-pass for our kind of thermostat was simple--I just pressed the "off" button and both the temperature "up/down" buttons all at the same time. "BP' appears in the thermostat, and then it operates as most other thermostats in most other hotels in the US

And yet another:

The thermostat has two buttons on the left (ON/OFF and AUTO/FAN) and two buttons on the right (UP and DOWN)

1) Press the ON/OFF and AUTO/FAN buttons together. The digital display will change to 'CA'.

2) Press the ON/OFF and DOWN button together. The digital display will change to 'OR" (or something similar).

You have just deactivated the motion sensor. This will last for three days at which point you will have to repeat the process.

TO CHANGE AC THERMOSTAT SETTINGS THE THERMOSTAT HAS TO BE PUT INTO "SERVICE MODE" IT IS SIMPLE TO DO BY PRESSING THE FOLLOWING KEYS ON THE FRONT OF THE THERMOSTAT.

EXECUTE THE FOLLOWING SEQUENCE:

1. PRESS (AND KEEP PRESSED) THE F/C KEY

2. PRESS (AND RELEASE) THE OFF/AUTO KEY

3. PRESS (AND RELEASE) THE DISPLAY KEY.

4. RELEASE THE F/C KEY.

UPON SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING THIS SEQUENCE, THE LCD WILL DISPLAY PAR (PARAMETER) AND THE PARAMETER NUMBER.

1. PRESS THE UP ARROW KEY AND SCROLL UNTIL # 6 APPEARS. (NEW MODELS # 24)

2. PRESS THE OFF/AUTO KEY

3. THE CURRENT LOW TEMPERATURE IS DISPLAYED.

4. PRESS THE DOWN ARROW KEY AND SCROLL UNTIL THE DESIRED ROOM
TEMPERATURE APPEARS
5. PRESS THE F/C KEY

Saw some things on the Internets that distancing has been decreased around SAB and more chairs added. Curious to hear any first hand reports.

confirmed, there were employees walking around yesterday (5/15) obviously discussing the chair arrangements, and today 5/16 they were closer together (I’m guessing from added chairs), though the signs about not moving the chairs due to 6’ distancing were still place.

I happened to unknowingly take a photo this morning; not sure how easy it is to see.575603

Whispers...I agree with you on Ample Hills. I’ve never said that out loud on the boards since it seemed to be so popular. Granted I only tried it one time, but we were like :confused3

:duck:

I never ate at the Disney one because I can get it whenever I feel like it at home, but the original Brooklyn spot on the corner of Vanderbilt is still the best ice cream anywhere. It’s even better than the other NYC locations tbh. That seems to be the rule of thumb with NYC based chains for some reason, first one always wins.

Ok. Pretty important question....can anyone tell me if Hannah’s has Longboard lager on tap? Kind of a tradition for me when I’m home away from home.

Regarding ice cream quality - so much of Disney for our family is based on traditions and the feelings certain things evoke (or is it "invoke"?)

We discovered Beaches and Cream way back during a stay at the Beach Club when the kids were little - in the late 90s I'd guess. The general feeling we got from a stop there stuck with all three of my kids (well, all "four" if you count the kid in me!)

So it's a stop we absolutely "need" to make. There are other such things like that which to us recreated a lot of warm happy feelings. One that was a real money waster but a necessity was Goodings. WAY overpriced but we stopped there the first few vacations and "had" to do it ever since. We of course can't this time since it's closed.

So the odd thing is - we may NOT go to B&C at the Boardwalk because it's not by SAB. We probably will end up at the Fountain instead (since we are at the Dolphin this trip).

We probably will end up at the Fountain instead (since we are at the Dolphin this trip).
Never been to the Fountain...is it good? I'm also of the ilk that the Beaches/Cream ice cream is nothing special. It's Edy's, which certainly isn't high end at my grocery:).

Never been to the Fountain...is it good? I'm also of the ilk that the Beaches/Cream ice cream is nothing special. It's Edy's, which certainly isn't high end at my grocery:).
I don't know where the ice cream is from, but there is a far greater variety, than B&C, including types (hand-scooped, soft serve, frozen yogurt), as well as flavors and concoctions. Sherbet, non-dairy, and no sugar options also are available. The Fountain's to-go counter is adjacent to the sit-down restaurant.

Menu for Fountain frozen treats

Can you get the No Way Jose at the window? What about non ice cream food like fries?

The take out window is currently closed. No one knows what the menu will be whenever they reopen. But previously, neither the No Way Jose nor other food items were available.

We ordered No Way Jose sundaes from the take out window back in October 2020. Of course, that doesn't mean they will be on the new menu, but they were available at least when we were there.

TO CHANGE AC THERMOSTAT SETTINGS THE THERMOSTAT HAS TO BE PUT INTO "SERVICE MODE" IT IS SIMPLE TO DO BY PRESSING THE FOLLOWING KEYS ON THE FRONT OF THE THERMOSTAT.

EXECUTE THE FOLLOWING SEQUENCE:

1. PRESS (AND KEEP PRESSED) THE F/C KEY

2. PRESS (AND RELEASE) THE OFF/AUTO KEY

3. PRESS (AND RELEASE) THE DISPLAY KEY.

4. RELEASE THE F/C KEY.

UPON SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING THIS SEQUENCE, THE LCD WILL DISPLAY PAR (PARAMETER) AND THE PARAMETER NUMBER.

1. PRESS THE UP ARROW KEY AND SCROLL UNTIL # 6 APPEARS. (NEW MODELS # 24)

2. PRESS THE OFF/AUTO KEY

3. THE CURRENT LOW TEMPERATURE IS DISPLAYED.

4. PRESS THE DOWN ARROW KEY AND SCROLL UNTIL THE DESIRED ROOM
TEMPERATURE APPEARS
5. PRESS THE F/C KEY
o_O

I mean - yeah, that's obvious!

I'm loving all the DCL merchandise! Is this a limited time offering or more permanent? I'd love to check it out on our August trip.

ETA - Never mind. I reread the article. It's just a limited time. That stinks!

I'm loving all the DCL merchandise! Is this a limited time offering or more permanent? I'd love to check it out on our August trip.

ETA - Never mind. I reread the article. It's just a limited time. That stinks!
According to the Disney Parks blog, the DCL merch will be available at DS till September. Maybe the merch will be available at the A&C Marketplace till September, as well.
Collage of Disney Cruise Line Merchandise now available at Disney Springs

Now through early September, guests can stop by Marketplace Co-Op to shop exclusive collections including the traditional Disney Cruise Line Wave and Sail Away Minnie Mouse collections, as well as a selection from Castaway Cay, Disney Cruise Line’s private island in The Bahamas. Be prepared to sail away with trendy and nautical-themed spirit jerseys, T-shirts, and even matching styles for adults and kids so you and the family can all match.

Collage of Disney Cruise Line Merchandise now available at Disney Springs

Pack your perfect getaway essentials in these adorable Disney Cruise Line Loungefly bags or with a classy luggage set. Looking for gifts for Disney Cruise Line fans? You’ll discover everything from mugs, magnets, luggage tags, hats, photo frames, and more. (There is truly something for every Disney cruiser or aspiring cruiser!)

Anyone there recently with an update to the bus situation? Hoping to rope drop AK and MK from Beach Club... should we walk over to Yacht to get the first buses? Will 6:45 be early enough?

Anyone there recently with an update to the bus situation? Hoping to rope drop AK and MK from Beach Club... should we walk over to Yacht to get the first buses? Will 6:45 be early enough?
We didn't try for RD but the YC and BC were not sharing buses last week. That may change with the easing of the distance restrictions. Last week some buses were filling every seat and some had some blocked off. Things are changing so rapidly right now it is hard to judge by what was happening last week. We never waited long for a bus, if one was full another one pulled in right behind.

If you rope drop from YC and MK and AK open at the same time, remember that the line for MK is to the left of the walkway, and AK is to the right. There is a small sign saying so, but it’s easy to miss.

There were nearly fistfights when I was there the first week of May. People would walk up to the shorter line (say MK) then expect to get on the other bus (say AK) ahead of people farther back in the correct line who had been waiting longer. A bus stop attendant would have helped the situation. Unfortunately there was not one the mornings I was there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter