Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is Disney holding some of the rooms at YC/BC back from booking at this point, does anyone know? I'm trying to reschedule my planned June trip to September and was surprised there's already no availability at all at BC on one of the nights (9/20, a Monday). I can schedule at YC but I really don't want to move rooms in the middle of the trip so kind of hoping there's a plan to release a future block of rooms or something.

Thank you all for the great info in this thread. My family (2 adults, 2 teen girls) are returning to the YC in a few weeks and I have a question for the experts here. We have stayed at the YC before and never specifically requested a daybed, but always had one. This time I want to make sure we have one, but wondering if the gamble is worth it to hope for that and use my room request on a low floor instead. Any idea if the room assigner looks at the number of people and ages (oldest is 17) and automatically puts us in a room with a daybed or am I just better off to specifically request it? We are in a Garden/Woods view. Thank you!

Is Disney holding some of the rooms at YC/BC back from booking at this point, does anyone know? I'm trying to reschedule my planned June trip to September and was surprised there's already no availability at all at BC on one of the nights (9/20, a Monday). I can schedule at YC but I really don't want to move rooms in the middle of the trip so kind of hoping there's a plan to release a future block of rooms or something.

Disney hasn’t been holding rooms. Yacht Club has been pretty full al year. We’re going 3 days after Labor Day for a week, traditionally a very slow time. I had to adjust my length of stay to get a room at YC months ago. Sometimes adjusting your check in/ check out date or length of stay can get a room. They also use an algorithm that optimizes their room inventory.

However, YC does get booked up with conventions. And there are travel agencies that reserve blocks of rooms. We’re going for 2 nights next week. Disney had no rooms available at YC, but I was able to get a room on Priceline with a 10% discount. Years ago Disney never used those sites. But they do now.

Last edited:
There have been reports around WDW or arcades reopening yesterday/today'ish. If anyone is at YC/BC/BCV now and can confirm/deny, I'd appreciate it - thanks!

So we arrived back home to the Beach Club on 5/30 which was reopening day. Our last trip was 5/2019 so we were really excited to finally get away post-covid. WE stepped foot into the lobby and took a deep breath and enjoyed the smell. The lobby didn't seem too busy or noisey. We were assigned room 3631 under a CM rate. This room is classified as an ADA room which we did not need. The first thing we noticed is that the door takes forever to shut. We counted 40 seconds as we did not want to walk away until we knew the door was closed. I am guessing so scooters, wheelchairs, etc can make it out much more easier. The room and bathroom were very spacious. There was a bathtub/shower combo. For a room being ADA, the tub was not. There were no grab bars for the tub, only shower hooks. If I had a mobility problem, I would be nervous getting into the tub to take a shower. There was a single pull down bar by the toilet but it was locked in place. We knew about housekeeping being every other day. I had read posts about people placing garbage outside of the elevators and sure enough we encountered that several times. They really should place larger garbage cans in the rooms until housekeeping is back to everyday. We only received housekeeping twice in the 7 days we were there. The AC in the room was terrible. It never felt cold in the wee early hours of the night. Mask compliance was good in the hotel. You never had to wait too long for an elevator. There were signs posted outside of the lobby elevator stating only 1 family or 4 people at one time. But the elevators up on the floors had no signage. We had no issues with the MK or AK bus as they didn't share with the other surrounding resorts. The DS Springs was another story. That was horrible. We had a 6:15 ADR at the Boathouse. We got down to the bus stop at 4:30. There were lots of people already in line. A bus came at 4:40 and only 5 people got on. We were sharing with the YC. The driver said another one was right behind her. Well that never happened and people were getting annoyed. The line was growing. Finally at 5:40 a bus came and only 15 of us were able to get on. On the return trip, the BC bus line was long, so we hopped onto the BWI bus. We did try out the skyliner to HS in the morning but took the boat back in the afternoon. We had a wonderful time and look forward to returning in a few months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter