Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

June Activities Schedule

June%202017.jpg

June%202017%20Page%202.jpg

Last night at BC tonight after a 1 week stay, off to AKL tomorrow. Its the third time I have stayed here and to be frank its probably the last. Had a great time as we always do at Disney but very disappointed at BC this time. Standards definitely dropped dramatically over the last few years. I suspect they are trading on the location and the quality of years gone by. First night involved my 2 year old son running in to the room as soon as we opened the door and catching his leg on the metal edge of what I now know is the base of the bed. No major harm done, cleaned the wound ourself and stuck on a plaster but the reaction of management really set the tone for the stay. When I asked to move room I was greeted by a series of robotic young 'managers' with fake smiles and very little warmth. Without boring you with the details we never actually managed to fully unpack for over 24 hours in what was technically our third room. No daybed either which was a request. At that stage I was exhausted with dealing with no less than 5 stafff members repeating the same story to each of them. Not sure if this is a theme but I was interested to note that the staff that seemed most sympathetic and at least attempted to help were the older ones, almost retirement age type. It was noticeable that the 'managers' were mainly young and as I said earlier, very robotic and frankly little or no help.

Anyway, as I say we have still had a great time but we wont be back to BC again which Im a little sad about as we have had great times over the years. Onward to AKL tomorrow then WL for our final week.

Oh yeah, in case you are wondering we were given a couple of fast passes for our trouble !!!

Last night at BC tonight after a 1 week stay, off to AKL tomorrow. Its the third time I have stayed here and to be frank its probably the last. Had a great time as we always do at Disney but very disappointed at BC this time. Standards definitely dropped dramatically over the last few years. I suspect they are trading on the location and the quality of years gone by. First night involved my 2 year old son running in to the room as soon as we opened the door and catching his leg on the metal edge of what I now know is the base of the bed. No major harm done, cleaned the wound ourself and stuck on a plaster but the reaction of management really set the tone for the stay. When I asked to move room I was greeted by a series of robotic young 'managers' with fake smiles and very little warmth. Without boring you with the details we never actually managed to fully unpack for over 24 hours in what was technically our third room. No daybed either which was a request. At that stage I was exhausted with dealing with no less than 5 stafff members repeating the same story to each of them. Not sure if this is a theme but I was interested to note that the staff that seemed most sympathetic and at least attempted to help were the older ones, almost retirement age type. It was noticeable that the 'managers' were mainly young and as I said earlier, very robotic and frankly little or no help.

Anyway, as I say we have still had a great time but we wont be back to BC again which Im a little sad about as we have had great times over the years. Onward to AKL tomorrow then WL for our final week.

Oh yeah, in case you are wondering we were given a couple of fast passes for our trouble !!!

Sorry to hear about the issues with your stay. We had some check-in issues at the BCVs on our last visit and were met with the same response from the managers in the lobby. Whe I got home I e-mailed guest services and they forwarded my issues to the DVC executive offices. I received a call from "Joy" who was understanding of our issues/frustration with the check-in process and grateful for our feedback. In my correspondence I had mentioned the "less than satisfactory response" from the manager we addressed our issue with and she said "that we should alway ask for the "manager on duty" and that the managers by the front desk are there just to look good". I found that interesting but nonetheless it's nice to know there's another level off immediate escalation if needed.

My apologies as this question has very likely already been posted and answered on here but I couldn't find anything by perusing some of the pages or conducting a search. I know that check-in at BC is not until 4pm but we are hoping to be able to spend time at SAB earlier in the day. If we check in at the front desk earlier in the day, recognizing that our room won't likely be ready for a while, we will be able to access SAB?

Waitlist just came through and happy to say we are finally trying BC for 3 nights in September. Kids are so happy about the pool. Planning a lot of resort time since we will be moving from 7 days at the poly, we should be ready for a break from parks.

My apologies as this question has very likely already been posted and answered on here but I couldn't find anything by perusing some of the pages or conducting a search. I know that check-in at BC is not until 4pm but we are hoping to be able to spend time at SAB earlier in the day. If we check in at the front desk earlier in the day, recognizing that our room won't likely be ready for a while, we will be able to access SAB?

Short answer is yes. Check-ins at the resorts start early in the morning, like 6:30 - 7:00. Once you check in, you are a guest at the resort (until midnight of your check-out day), whether or not your room is ready.

Enjoy!!

Our flights are booked :teleport: There's something about booking flights that makes the trip that much more real! (Maybe it's all the non-refundable $$$$ that had to be paid at that point...:faint: ) I didn't intend to book flights this early but weird circumstances all converged and there was 1 flight out and 1 flight in that fit our schedule on 1 airline and I was getting way too stressed watching the flight prices with those restrictions on me. It's booked, it's done and I can spend my time day dreaming about a Sunken Treasure instead of fretting over flight prices!

BC or BCV? BC is 3pm and BCV is 4pm.

You are able to use the pool and resort amenities your entire check-in and check-out day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter