Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

17 days!! I haven't been in four long years...

We have another family meeting us at Disney (that makes six families total coming - five staying at BC CL. You think I'd get some kind of commission! LOL) They are staying at Sheraton Vistana (I think that's what it's called) and we are meeting them for an adult dinner when they arrive. Last minute so a lot of the places in Disney Springs are booked... I decided on Boatwrights at POR. I've never been there! Probably the best way to get there would be Uber or a Minnie Van, right (if I can get my husband in it! LOL)?

Yes on the Lyft or Minnie Van transportation to POR.

I recommend Boatwrights! Great food and service. If you play your cards right you may get to enjoy YeeHa Bob Jackson who performs at the bar right next door (The River Roost)
Here is his schedule: http://www.yehaabob.com/
His show is a can't miss!

~NM

Hi all. Finally back from our Florida vacation which included a few nights at YC CL. We had such a great time! Hadn't stayed at YC since 2006. Some observations from our trip.

Beds were very comfortable, although at first I was worried they were a tad soft. Yes, they are high, but I like a high bed. I'm 5'2" and had no problems getting on or off and we had zero issues with bed sliding around on the platform. Kids didn't either. My DD13 was on the daybed which was a bit hard, not as comfortable as the BWI one my sister was on in April. But she was so tired she didn't say a word after the first five minutes on it and slept well every night.

I was mostly concerned about the thermostat and lack of ceiling fans. We are from New England and like to sleep cold and I was already nervous about wdw in July (we usually have gone in October). I had planned on at least asking for a box fan when we arrived but we were FREEZING. We were cozy while we slept but temp definitely didn't rise even though no movement.

There was only one sign of disruption for construction otherwise we barely noticed and definitely didn't hear anything. My only issue was halfway through I decided to do laundry. Laundry was down because of construction but they said to go to BC. I didn't realize it was practically in Epcot! . And when I got there only one washing machine/one dryer was working and my dryer quit working before all my clothes were completely dry. Not fun!

Transportation was wonderful! Zero complaints. Walk to Epcot, bus came to-from MK within minutes. We drove to AK, boat to HS with little wait

CL was a nice add, although I prefer the BWI one I did in the spring. I was also disappointed that they didn't put a big bottle of Dasani in the room like BWI did. Zero bottle water at all in fact, whereas at BWI they gave us as much as we wanted for our room and the parks.

Will be happy to answer any questions!

Thanks for the report ...

May I ask about club level ...

Room - we are booked standard view - I don't know what your 'view' was - I am at this point kind of leaning towards just asking for 'first room available' with perhaps a caveat of 'closer to the lounge' when I ask DSS since I don't think any standard is better than another?

Ugh on the laundry - I don't know what it is about the BC laundry machines - when we stayed there a few years ago they were always busy, all of the time - we have stayed in many other WDW resorts and never had the same experience. I think it's the easy access hot-tub!! My Dh always plans on and does laundry on Disney vacations, but hopefully he can do without for 5 days at YC in September.

I am also an east-coaster who enjoys sleeping at colder temps than I enjoy during the day - my thermostat is set to 75 during the day, but 71 at night. Yes, I grew up in the late 70s and 80s - Poltergeist ruined everything for me - I grew up a few minutes from Amityville Horror House and became very sick of driving visitors past it - Michael Myers without prior warning - yes, I have an idiotic and unfounded fear of sleeping without covers - I need it to be colder sleeping than awake. I have stayed at multiple Disney resorts since January 2017 and all have supported my crazy need for a blanket in summer heat

Hi all. Finally back from our Florida vacation which included a few nights at YC CL. We had such a great time! Hadn't stayed at YC since 2006. Some observations from our trip.

I was also disappointed that they didn't put a big bottle of Dasani in the room like BWI did. Zero bottle water at all in fact, whereas at BWI they gave us as much as we wanted for our room and the parks.
I'm very surprised that you did not have the large bottle of Dasani water in your room. It's listed as an included amenity. Did you ask anyone at the YC about it? I have recently seen the bottled water in both BC and YC rooms and have been told to feel free to ask Mousekeeping for more.

I was also disappointed that they didn't put a big bottle of Dasani in the room like BWI did. Zero bottle water at all in fact, whereas at BWI they gave us as much as we wanted for our room and the parks.
We got water every day at BC on our last trip, just popped it in the fridge every evening.

I wonder if it will happen at YC once the refurbs are finished.

Just booked BC for 4/21/18-4/29/18!

Traveling with my 11yo b/g twins and my 74 year old mother. I plan to look at the room map, but any suggestions of general areas/ rooms to request to reduce daily walking distance to lobby/ pool/ bus or boat for "Grandma"? She is stubborn and refuses the idea of renting a scooter

In my family, we play the "____ thinks it would be a good idea if you..."

Our Mom sometimes changes her mind if she hears that two of the kids think she should do something, as opposed to just Dad thinking she should do something.

Can you talk to the kids about having Grandma rent a scooter, and then tell Grandma that the kids think it would be a good idea? You can rent scooters for your whole stay, not just in the theme parks.

If you have no Slytherin tendencies, ignore this post.

I didn't ask about the water, other than to ask the lounge staff if there was any bottled water at all and they said no, none at all. I did tip mousekeeping daily, and she was great about making sure we had extra towels and such so figured if it was part of the room it would have been there. Has anybody at YC had the water in room?

We booked a standard view and my only request was near the lounge. We weren't near the lounge but honestly didn't find the walk all that bad. Our room was 5197 and if you looked straight/left we had a view of a roof, but looking straight/right we had a fab view of stormalong bay. And a gorgeous view of the fireworks from illuminations! I ended up loving our view....just never looked left! Lol

I didn't ask about the water, other than to ask the lounge staff if there was any bottled water at all and they said no, none at all. I did tip mousekeeping daily, and she was great about making sure we had extra towels and such so figured if it was part of the room it would have been there. Has anybody at YC had the water in room?

Relative stayed CL in May and got a large bottle of water each day.

Page 975-976

Hi friends, I have started a trip report at https://www.disboards.com/threads/austin-family-blowout-aug-2017.3622185/

We will be at YC Aug 4th - 7th. I will post pics once we hit the world. I will also do my best to stay on top of the report.

May I add a link to your trip report to the review section of this thread?

:goodvibes

:yay:Woooo 60 day mark today! Just booked all our FP+ and got everything we wanted and all either at the exact times I wanted or within 40mins! And actually happy about the two 40 mins gaps as it means chance to slow down and enjoy the parks/be spontaneous. Got ourselves two separate FP+ for Flight of Passage (two different days) so I hope I don't get motion sickness on it :crazy2:. I've avoided all spoilers (hard!) but think it's more Soarin' motion than Harry Potter and Forbidden Journey (aka hell for me). But yay! Will also be our first time on FEA after as that opened just after our last trip aaaand ditto for Soarin' around the world, we adored Soarin' original so we can't wait. Lots of new things for us to do. AND! We've just put in our requests to rent DVC points for a trip in April next year :cool1: which means our 180 day mark falls on the day we get back from this trip (fingers crossed we get in)! No PDD for me this time around... but the PDD after that next trip may be severe... no return trip until MK's 50th anniversary in 2021 after that:sad1:

Do you ever take Bonine, the non-drowsy form of Dramanine?

::yes::

Does all ground floor rooms have a patio, particular the water view ones facing lake and Boardwalk?

I believe so.

Can you see any of the fireworks from Epcot or Hollywood Studios from the rooms facing the Lake or Boardwalk?

Yes, but the fireworks views are better from upper floors.

:)

Thanks so much for your review. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your trip!

:thumbsup2

Just booked BC for 4/21/18-4/29/18!

Traveling with my 11yo b/g twins and my 74 year old mother. Should be an adventure to say the least!

BC looks like a good choice for us, as we may be looking at more down time at resort than we typically might for this trip. DS is autistic and has a lower tolerance for long park days than DD, and "Grandma" doesn't move as quickly as she used to. DH is sitting this one out!

We stayed at BC a few years ago for just one night with DH and twins after a Disney Cruise, and I just remember a HUGE long walk to the room from the lobby after a long week on the cruise and and a long poorly literally last minute planned day at MK.

I plan to look at the room map, but any suggestions of general areas/ rooms to request to reduce daily walking distance to lobby/ pool/ bus or boat for "Grandma"? She is stubborn and refuses the idea of renting a scooter, so I'd like to be able to at least reduce her general walking distance at start and end of day if I can. We currently have a garden/woods view booked.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

A request of "Close to lobby" is probably the best location to minimize the walk to transportation and Stormalong Bay.

As others have and probably will suggest, as the trip approaches, perhaps your mom will change her mind about the scooter. If it will help her and all of you to enjoy the trip, it will be money well spent. There are some great companies that will deliver and pickup scooters to the resort (see Page 1, Post 14, I think)

::yes::

Relative stayed CL in May and got a large bottle of water each day.

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

Thanks for your input!

:goodvibes

We leave TOMORROW for Disney and our first ever stay at Beach Club!! I'm so excited! Our flight arrives at 9:45am, and we're meeting my mom at the airport (her flight arrives at 10:45) and will ride magical express together. Is there anything fun in the Orlando airport to entertain a very excited 6 year old while we wait? Do they have a play space by any chance? Thanks!

We leave TOMORROW for Disney and our first ever stay at Beach Club!! I'm so excited! Our flight arrives at 9:45am, and we're meeting my mom at the airport (her flight arrives at 10:45) and will ride magical express together. Is there anything fun in the Orlando airport to entertain a very excited 6 year old while we wait? Do they have a play space by any chance? Thanks!

I've not seen a play space, but there are shops for all the themeparks. You could look at all the things you would buy in the parks!

There is no special children's play area at MCO, but here are a few ideas to keep your six year old occupied.
  • Ride the tram back and forth between airside (where planes land) and landside (main terminal) If you are meeting your mom as she deplanes, and she is arriving on the same side as you (there is "A" side and "B" side), make sure that you do not exit the secure area (where passengers clear security), or you will not be able to get back to gates without a valid ticket for departing flight.
  • There is free Wi-Fi in the terminal. You can both track the progress of your mom's flight on a site like flightstats.com, and watch the plane move closer to arriving.
  • Have a snack from one of the food vendors.
  • Play a game like a scavenger hunt, looking for different things, places, words, etc.
  • Bring good old crayons and paper and draw pictures of the planes, etc., to present to your mom.
  • If you are meeting your mom at the Magical Express area, that means you will be in the unsecured area. A few things to do there include visiting the large food court in the landside area, where there is a very large aquarium. You can also stop in at the Disney store and Space Center store to browse. A picture can be taken alongside a super large character figure.
The time should pass fairly quickly. Have fun on your trip!

Hmm, I hate Aug 1!! It means my summer break is half over :sad:

This summer has flown by. Our school district starts back on August 23. I don't know if my even realize that means they go back in a little over three weeks.

There is no special children's play area at MCO, but here are a few ideas to keep your six year old occupied.
  • Ride the tram back and forth between airside (where planes land) and landside (main terminal) If you are meeting your mom as she deplanes, and she is arriving on the same side as you (there is "A" side and "B" side), make sure that you do not exit the secure area (where passengers clear security), or you will not be able to get back to gates without a valid ticket for departing flight
Not a good idea. They're updating the airport and on the Jetblue side (I think that's A) they're down to 1 tram. Delays are expected. Jetblue is saying to arrive at the airport 3 hours ahead for departing flights. If you are trying to entertain a kid, that's not how I would do it. People may be cranky, and you would be taking space away from people who really need it.

Not a good idea. They're updating the airport and on the Jetblue side (I think that's A) they're down to 1 tram. Delays are expected. Jetblue is saying to arrive at the airport 3 hours ahead for departing flights. If you are trying to entertain a kid, that's not how I would do it. People may be cranky, and you would be taking space away from people who really need it.

It's the "B" side that is being worked on. The "A" side, where Southwest operates, still has the two trams running every few minutes. I have never seen kids create a disturbance on the trams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter